Rumor: Fat Hank Suspended by WQAM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fat Hank Suspended by WQAM

1) Hank was suspended last year about this time.

2) For a station that just hired HOWARD STERN to suspend someone for on-air comments is a joke!

TerryTate said:
1. PT are you referring to Orlando Alzaguary (spelling) "Big O"?
2. neil rogers and whoever else u are referring to arent announcers, they are hosts FYI
3. rogers obviously attracts the veteran non-sports radio listening crowd, he was brought on from 610 WIOD to crush the #2 competition in the South Florida radio market in the late 90s. That's why they got him. I've listened to him since I was a little kid and I like him, it all depends on if you like talk radio when the show isnt on sports.

1. No, I am referring to some guy that is probably 30, I do not recall his name. He is on in the weekends in the afternoons (I think?). He is a jackass.
2. I meant hosts, typed announcers, my bad.
3. Neil Rogers is a complete jackass. He just insults people and has nothing good to ever talk about. All he has are "polls" which make a boring show.

Ever since WQAM fired Joe and Marc and replaced it with that God awful Sporting News Radio i just dont care anymore.

yea like MikeO said, for them to do all the firings and suspensions that they have done due to comments that were somewhat questionable then go out and pick up a syndicated howard stern just annoys the crap out of me.

TerryTate said:
yea like MikeO said, for them to do all the firings and suspensions that they have done due to comments that were somewhat questionable then go out and pick up a syndicated howard stern just annoys the crap out of me.
They aren't consistent.

If you pick up Howard Stern (a move which I support by the way), then you have to let your other on-air talent have the same ley-way you are going to give Stern when he starts up.

The move to add Stern makes WQAM a national player. Love Stern or Hate him, it doesn't matter. He brings in huge numbers and will make WQAM larger than it is now. But, if your gonna be a big-time player in radio.........then you must be consistent and treat all of your on-air talent with the same standards.

They suspended hank cause of what he said directly couldve impacted the business relations between 560 and the FLORIDA MARLINS....I think it was a good move by 560 to pull hank but they are gonna look bad either way because of the addition of stern.

Ozzy said:
Mandich actually started out by buying his air time from WQAM, no one got him the gig.
OK .I was wrong:o .It was an assumption I made from the comments Hank made on air.It seemed to me he always treated Jim as his protege and Jim would treat Hank as his mentor.:hail: :fatman:

Disgustipate said:
Hank Goldberg sucks anyway. The only reason he's listenable is WHO he knows, not WHAT he knows. He's useful because he has been around, and has inside information, not because he knows anything himself besides betting and horse racing.

Keep Fat Hank off the air and put on Cap'n Curtis Stephenson.
Na...Put Joe Rose or Big O after Maddog everyday...Howard Stern, Neil, Maddog, Joe Rose, Big O...then who cares...Eddie Cap

Ozzy said:
Mandich actually started out by buying his air time from WQAM, no one got him the gig.

But yes Fat Hank sux, they need to hire John "The Freak" Renshaw. He can be a very positive person, and absolutely as funny as can be. He is excellent at college hoops, but most of all, he is a DIEHARD Dolphins fan.
As a matter of fact Fat Hank blocked them from interviewing The Freak back when the old 1700 the fan went off air.

If John Renshaw is the guy I think he is...the one that uses that raspy voice...he was part of the station last year and got canned a few months into the gig for saying stuff the station didn't like. As far as Hank is concerned...I've met him and spoken to him on a couple of occasions...he's a really nice guy and has some stories that will crack you up....

WQAM is, right now, the definition of hypocrisy...censor/suspend show hosts for things they say but bring on Howard Stern....

They will, most likely lose the major sports teams next year and they'll wind up on 1400 or something...but 1400 needs to jack up their signal...it really sucks.

Fiedler for MVP said:
goldberg has gotten more hateful and crotchety as time has passed...he is bad for the station and should really consider hanging it up.
Thats a good point :yes: I actually enjoyed listning to him several years ago.But I think the "Fame" has gone to his head and he thinks and acts like hes hot doodoo.:p4e: .(Also his "name dropping" is almost embarrasing:o )

His show had deteriorated into a monologue :soapbox: rather than a talk show.(Didnt show any patience with callers who held views different from his own.As matter of fact sometimes he would cut people off even before they had a chance to state their views).

I do enjoy listning to the Maddog,Bokamper and the Big O who I hope will replace Hank.

Neil, God!
:pray:
I find that most people don't like Neil because he doesn't put up with stupid BS jock sniffing callers who either want to suck up or to have their own opinions reinforced. There are also those who hate him because they are just simply Homophobes.

My two favorites on QAM...Maddog..followed closely by Joe Rose. Both treated callers with respect.

I like the Big "O"....but suspending Hank is just hypocritical....Neil Rogers has said worst things about the Panthers ownership, UM and Dolphins ownership.......Yet he is not suspended......

BTW....all of those are WQAM properties........

What a bunch of Hypocrites!

TerryTate said:
hes part of George O'Leary's first recruiting class I believe...I found this write-up on him...I wouldnt be suprised if he red-shirted, being that there are at least two capable RBs ahead of him if not more so....

http://www.ucfathletics.com/rosterdetail.asp?sportid=151&rosteryear=2004&id=48283&orderby=cast(number%20as%20int)

I am a junior at UCF now and I am not familiar with Cornell Francis unfortunately.....
Thanks man I appreciate it. If you hear anything on him please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom