Rumor - Grier And McDaniel On The Hot Seat | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor - Grier And McDaniel On The Hot Seat

If you're looking for a private conversation you need to use the DMs.

Personally, I don't think you want to accept the reality of where this team is at. You can try to shut the door on that but it's not healthy.
Not necessarily looking for a private conversation, buy you are responding (again) to me and another posters conversation and commenting like I was supposed to know what you said in some previous post.....and I have no idea what you posted.

You can enjoy your reality as you see it and I'm pretty sure I don't need you diagnosing my health, but thank you for your concern.

Well Mello Yello, you are wise beyond your years not to mention the name of a mountain dew like pop I used to love as a kid. Appreciate the time and effort you put into all these recent posts.

Everything you are saying is correct, sum it all up and that's why the rebuild has failed to date. We probably didn't need a rebuild to contend for just the last wildcard spot. The few good moves we did do got us to that point but that's not what anyone wants besides the few who just cheer whatever move we are ever making, excuse everything else and attack other posters for pointing out the obvious.

I like Tua, I like McD, but results are results. We all hate Flores for many reasons now but he had 10 wins in 2020, we lost out on the 7th seed due to a tie breaker. McD get's 9 wins first year and we win a tie breaker and now it's well he made the playoffs, that's proof of improvement. I've been disappointed as we have basically been the same team just moving around strengths and weaknesses. Last 4 years we have won 10, 9, 9 and 11 games. That is essentially the same team and yet we have now had one of the top WR's in the game the last two seasons not to mention more mature 1st round talent (Waddle/Phillips/Holland) and a trade for another 1st round pass rusher (Chubb).

Facts are we blew a rare opportunity last year when Buffalo only won 11 games, they had won 13 two of the three years prior to that with the one exception also being 11 wins. Our high point is their low point. The rebuild hasn't even gotten us to the top of our 4-team division.

You've posted a bunch of our moves in recent history, shown where poor and/or questionable relative to the opportunity cost and can't argue with pretty much any of that besides some semantics here and there. The issue now though is where do we go from here? Is the rebuild going to be a total failure or is there something that can be salvaged?

You allude to it but we absolutely need to draft extremely well here this year with limited picks, we also need to make hard decisions with the current roster given our cap issues. An awful lot of right moves need to be made right now and heading into '25 to give us a real shot over the next two years.

We have playmakers and we have speed on offense at both RB and WR. We hopefully at minimum have a competent QB to play point guard and distribute the rock in a system that caters to his strengths. Besides an all-pro TE the one thing we do not have and have not had is strong OL.

IMO, we do not have the cap and draft resources to get everything done in '24, especially if we do make some quality hard decisions and let a few guys walk we don't want to see go, for the health of the cap and future comp picks. What we can maybe do with what we have this year is build this offensive line up and add another playmaker in the pass game so we are not so one dimensional. Get this offense to true elite status in '24 and we can compete even with a middle of the pack or worse defense. Given the injuries at Edge, new coordinator and scheme, holes at every level and lack of resources we'll likely be waiting for '25 for a chance to have both sides of the ball put together again.

But fail to take the offense to the next level, and that means a line that can hang with the big boys down the stretch when games mean the most and conditions are the worst, well, this team is not going anywhere, next year or '25 and at that point the rebuild will officially be dead and retired, a case study for other teams to avoid making the same mistakes.

Here's hoping for an awful lot of good decisions from Tua (early extension or not), Wilkins/Hunt/Gink/Williams/Baker (let walk or not), Tyreek/Chubb and others (restructure adding years for current cap space or not) and Grier (for the love of all that his holy, drafting like it's your job on the line and getting things very much right, or not).

Actually, although as a kid I also liked the drink before I swore off soda in general due to its kidney destroying properties, when I think of it I think of the awesome DAYS OF THUNDER...

1709331144868.png

You need to expand your view. We have no doubt the Dolphins can identify solid defensive prospects.

We've seen it with Howard, Minkah, Holland, Kohou, Baker, Van Ginkel, Wilkins, Phillips, etc.

They've been able to bring in solid pieces in trade and free agency as well: Elliott, Long, Seiler, Chubb, etc.

Drafting for defense has been solid since Jeff Ireland was around. We have many of the same scouts so it makes sense we continue to find solid, reliable players. We tend to default to a lot of big programs anyhow which I think keeps us pretty safe: Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, Miami, etc. A few R1 picks combined with quality DCs like Brian Flores and Vic Fangio running your defenses you ought to be pretty respectable which we've been.

The '21 draft still emphasized the same problems we've continuously seen though--namely OL.

> You drafted Jaylen Waddle when you could've had one of the NFL's best Tackles in Penei Sewell.
> You drafted Jevon Holland when you could've had Landon Dickerson (2x Pro Bowl Center for the Eagles).
> You drafted Liam Eichenberg when you could've had Creed Humphrey (2x Pro Bowl & 2nd team All-Pro Center for the Chiefs).

At some point you have to start hitting on more offensive linemen. Note how the Lions were on the doorstep of the Super Bowl and how the Eagles and Chiefs have actually been there with those OL they took. It matters.

And you can't be citing a WR you picked in the Top-10 as great value. That's a huge indulgence for a team that needed more interior players. Fact is, they had to draft a WR in the Top-10 largely because of all the previous failures they had on the roster at the time, many of whom were players they drafted in the years immediately prior.

May I present our 2020 roster:

View attachment 161967

Preston Williams was another name continuously being given chances to start.

In fact, to further emphasize that issue they actually took TE Hunter Long in R3 of that very 2021 Draft and (not surprisingly) he ended up doing nothing. He's had 1 catch for 8 yards in his 3-yr NFL career.

You can't continuously fail at OL and bust that hard in the mid-rounds and sit there thinking that level of drafting, 'is what wins championships.'

You compare Miami's drafting to that of the worst teams. That's great if you want to be a team that wins somewhere between 7-11 games every season leading to an appearance on the road in Wildcard Weekend.

If you actually want to talk "championships" you have to face reality and ask for a level of drafting that we've never seen before. The problem is we're already behind when it comes to picks:

View attachment 161966

We don't have a pick in R3 or R4 and our highest is at #21 so we can't so easily find an elite talent like Jaylen Waddle to stick in somewhere.

Maybe Grier can step up but he's got to do more than good players in the Top-40. And unfortunately he's now set himself up with very little to actually work with.
I agree that we should draft oline. This regime clearly thinks that they can find linemen anywhere which is similar to the patriots philosophy under Belichick and Parcells. Grier tends to draft premium positions early.

It’s not difficult to pickup an extra 3rd or 4th. This roster is loaded with talent as is so it’s not like we need a lot of picks.

Also, I am not comparing our draft to the worst teams. I am comparing our last 5 drafts to every team in the league. I bet you that we have drafted better than almost every team over the past 5 drafts.

You act as if you expect to win the Super Bowl every year. That is not how this works. We did a complete rebuild in 2019 and have improved every season. We are establishing a winning culture. We have one of the most talented rosters in the nfl. This is a game of inches and if one or two inches went our way last year, we have the 1 seed and probably our in the afc title game at a minimum. This sky is falling bs doesn’t fly with me my friend. We are right there.

We did a complete rebuild in 2019 and have improved every season. We are establishing a winning culture. We have one of the most talented rosters in the nfl. This is a game of inches and if one or two inches went our way last year, we have the 1 seed and probably our in the afc title game at a minimum. This sky is falling bs doesn’t fly with me my friend. We are right there.

I don't know how true that is.

Gase went 10-6 in 2016 with Tannehill.

Flores went 10-6 in 2020 with Tua & Fitz swapping in and out.

McDaniel has gotten us to 11-6 with Tua protecting himself.

From a record perspective, you haven't really gotten beyond where you were with the previous coaching staffs. I think you ignore the success of past regimes in order to prop up the current one.

Sure, your roster was sexier for a hot minute but you've lost a lot of games that would've signaled real improvement. I assume you think the roster is really great. Well, if you're so much better why isn't the record showing it?

And FWIW, there have been a host of in-between years with pretty unspectacular records: 7-9 in 2018, 9-8 in 2021, 9-8 in 2022. You can hardly brag about those .500-ish outcomes. Heck, Philbin went 8-8 in back-to-back years with Tannehill, too. None of those are accomplishments worth citing.

At some point you have to abandon this nonsense about how far we've come from the tank season and start backing it up with wins. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke.

The reason you tanked was to find a QB and become a team that was good enough to win Playoff games. You have a QB worth negotiating with--congrats--and he's only seen the Playoffs once (a loss) in his 4 years here. Is that improvement? Sparano and Gase both saw the Playoffs in their time as well.

The best days had better be ahead. And they better come quickly if you continue down this path, but as I've laid out the team is likely to get slightly worse in the immediate futue with a lesser roster in '24 than in years previous.

So we're going to have a worse roster and somehow do better? I hope! :)

Not trying to be a jerk but I honestly don't think you understand how this roster is the assemblage of bandaged up veterans and short-sighted picks aimed at getting something done quickly. For instance, fans don't get to complain about injuries when you're constantly signing older veterans whose best days are behind them and swinging big on injury-plagued dudes like Tua, Chubb, Armstead, Phillips, Howard, etc. Ramsey's injury last year wasn't inconceivable either considering he's a CB approaching 30yo where most drop off a cliff.

We understood we were taking risks acquiring / extending every single one of those. And guess what? Injuries (to those very players) have been a huge part of our problem. Shocker!

This is another echo of bad drafting. You can't secure young, healthy talent so you have to buy old guys. I love a reach here or there but you can't make moves every single year simply choosing to ignore each and every player's injury history. Grier has clearly cut corners to make things happen and there are costs.

There's a reason this roster was able to come together as fast as it was. For all we know Grier was making a play for his job. I know the Tyreek move sure felt that way. You can say this roster is great but I think it's pretty clearly assembled with very little long-term sustainability.

Last edited:
I don't know how true that is.

Gase went 10-6 in 2016 with Tannehill.

Flores went 10-6 in 2020 with Tua & Fitz swapping in and out.

McDaniel has gotten us to 11-6 with Tua protecting himself.

From a record perspective, you haven't really gotten beyond where you were with the previous coaching staffs. I think you ignore the success of past regimes in order to prop up the current one.

Sure, your roster was sexier for a hot minute but you've lost a lot of games that would've signaled real improvement. I assume you think the roster is really great. Well, if you're so much better why isn't the record showing it?

And FWIW, there have been a host of in-between years with pretty unspectacular records: 7-9 in 2018, 9-8 in 2021, 9-8 in 2022. You can hardly brag about those .500-ish outcomes. Heck, Philbin went 8-8 in back-to-back years with Tannehill, too. None of those are accomplishments worth citing.

At some point you have to abandon this nonsense about how far we've come from the tank season and start backing it up with wins. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke.

Not trying to be a jerk but I honestly don't think you understand how this roster is the assemblage of bandaged up veterans. I'm sorry but fans don't get to complain about injuries when you're constantly signing older veterans whose best days are behind them and swinging big on injury-plagued dudes like Tua, Chubb, Armstead, Phillips, Howard, etc. We understood we were taking risks acquiring / extending every single one of those.

And guess what--injuries (to those players and others) have been a huge part of our problem. This is another feature of bad drafting. You can't secure young, healthy talent so you have to buy old guys. I love a reach here or there but you can't make moves every single year simply choosing to ignore each and every player's injury history. Grier has clearly cut corners.

There's a reason this roster was able to come together as fast as it was. For all we know Grier was making a play for his job. I know the Tyreek move sure felt that way. You can say this roster is great but I think it's pretty clearly assembled with very little long-term sustainability.
Name another team with long term sustainability? Have the 49ers, Eagles, Bills, or cowboys been a success in recent years in your eyes? I don’t think I can change your mind. You seem to be confusing the current dolphin build with previous builds pre 2019. We are a young team not a veteran team dude.

Name another team with long term sustainability? Have the 49ers, Eagles, Bills, or cowboys been a success in recent years in your eyes? I don’t think I can change your mind. You seem to be confusing the current dolphin build with previous builds pre 2019. We are a young team not a veteran team dude.
Average age of 25.7 years going into 2023.

Of the 49's, Cowboys, Bills or Eagles, none have an improved record from 22 to 23 and only the 49's are improved from their 2021 record.

Also pretty good mix of rookies or young players without much injury history landing on IR in 2023 along with the veterans.

I tend to agree with you, this isn't our average re-build and have the potential to get better. Lets see what the final 53 looks like, I think the moves made over the next few months will be telling....

I don't know that you can claim being young when so many primary starters were old vets: Tyreek Hill, Terron Armstead, Jalen Ramsey, Xavien Howard, Raheem Mostert, etc. Your best offensive weapons (Hill & Mostert) are both 30+ and your best OL (Armstead) is considering retirement.

It doesn't feel like a young team. It feels like a veteran team with a few young players thrown in. And too many of those young pieces are doing very little (e.g. Raekwon Davis, Liam Eichenberg, Cam Smith).

That's not even mentioning the outright busts: Michael Deiter, Noah Igbinoghene, Solomon Kindley, Hunter Long, Channing Tindall, Ezukanma, etc. There have been quite a few actually.

You say we're young but I don't think the starters necessarily are:

>> Both our CBs were at the age of decline / irrelevancy / retirement: Xavien Howard (30) and Jalen Ramsey (29)
>> Our best OT Terron Armstead (32) is considering retirement!
>> Our best option at LT if Armstead retires is Kendall Lamm (31).
>> Our most productive RB Raheem Mostert (31) is a part-time guy who's at a scary age for RBs
>> Our most dynamic weapon, Tyreek Hill (30), is at a point in his career where we expect degradation.

A lot of the other starters & contributors are also staring 30 in the face, too:

Durham Smythe (28)
Isaiah Wynn (28)
Zach Sieler (28)
Christian Wilkins (28)
Braxton Berrios (28)
Cedrick Wilson (28)
River Cracraft (29)

This is literally why things are such a mess right now and why you have so many cap issues. Does this really feel like a young team to you? It doesn't to me. Our relevancy is tied directly to the veteran players and we're fighting to sign our young core because of the money we've spent on those vets.

Looking at Achane a bit closer:
You've seemingly found your next RB. That's excellent. Again though, those are easy and even Achane will need replacing in another few years so it's not the hit you'd want to be bragging about. It'd have been much better to hit on a 3rd round CB or TE for instance who might star for the next decade and save you some money. Finding a RB in the draft doesn't really save money because a productive FA is still going to be cheap. You want to hit on the expensive positions which is where busts like Igbinoghene and potentially Cam Smith really hurt you.

Looking at Waddle a bit closer:

Picking a WR at #6 overall when several great ones were available was an easy "hit" but there now seems to be some hesitation as to whether we can have both Hill & Waddle over the next few years and to whom the franchise will show it's loyalty. Perhaps Waddle may be the one sent packing as most seem to see Hill as the "must have" guy. Hmmm....

I would agree more with you if we were in position to lock up our young talent long term, but in a lot of cases we're not. We're debating how good these guys actually are (having topped out at 11-6) and whether we have the money to keep them. That's hardly the foundation of a solid argument about having a 'healthy young core.'

Problem #1:
We're now hearing that both Christian Wilkins and Robert Hunt are set to hit the market. So much for building around a young core!

Problem #2:
You're locked in with Bradley Chubb so if you're planning to re-sign Jaelan Phillips next year (and it appears they'd be) then it's very hard to pay enough money to keep Andrew Van Ginkel merely to be a 3rd / rotational OLB, especially when Holland will also be wanting more money next year. So much for that late-round draft hit!

Problem #3:
Do we even have 1 long-term option at boundary CB? No, you don't and it's supposedly a position Grier likes to draft and views as critical. CB should be a strength. Yet our last 2 picks have been Noah Igbinoghene (a bust) and Cam Smith who to this point has done nothing. I guess Cam Smith helps make that average age thing look better but so what?

TL/DR Summary:

If you went with the good, young players you have now you could certainly make the argument you're making: Tua, Waddle, Achane, Ajax, Hunt, Wilkins, Phillips, Elliott, Long, Holland, etc. I just don't know that would be a great team in and of itself. I think our young/core players and the aging vets that've helped make us relevant are separate groups.

If you feel good about this young core, you should build around it and be ready to move on from the aging vets.

>> You should be happy about Howard's exit.
>> You should be willing to gamble on Cam Smith.
>> You should be hoping for Armstead's retirement to help pay Williams and/or Hunt.
>> You should be rooting for a Tua contract to stabilize the future offense(s) and open salary cap options.
>> You should be hoping the team moves on from Hill asap in favor of moving that money to Waddle.
>> You should expect Achane to take the bulk of the carries in '24 and '25 as the Dolphins feature RB.
>> You should be supportive of paying Wilkins to keep him around.

Those are not unreasonable positions at all...if you have faith in the young core and view it as the reason for Miami's recent success. But...

>> Is Cam Smith a real starter? It's overly-optimistic to assume that.
>> How soon can we actually move on from Tyreek? Not immediately. He's likely to get a restructure to relieve cap pressure.
>> What about Waddle? It's going to be very hard to keep Waddle with Hill locked in.
>> Is Armstead actually going to retire? Almost certainly not when he's in line to make so much money!

>> Will we pay a premium to keep Wilkins? Probably not considering he's a DT. Ouch.
>> Will we pay a premium to keep Hunt? Probably not considering he's a Guard. Double ouch.
>> Will we pay a premium to keep Van Ginkel? Probably not considering we made such a bold move to acquire Chubb.

Will the situation be better next year with Phillips or Holland? I'm not sure.

Point is, it's all a bit of a mess, dude.

Last edited:
Grier should be, McDaniel might be next season with McDaniel will tell us imo

I don't know that you can claim being young when so many primary starters were old vets: Tyreek Hill, Terron Armstead, Jalen Ramsey, Xavien Howard, Raheem Mostert, etc. Your best offensive weapons (Hill & Mostert) are both 30+ and your best OL (Armstead) is considering retirement.

It doesn't feel like a young team. It feels like a veteran team with a few young players thrown in. And too many of those young pieces are doing very little (e.g. Raekwon Davis, Liam Eichenberg, Cam Smith).

That's not even mentioning the outright busts: Michael Deiter, Noah Igbinoghene, Solomon Kindley, Hunter Long, Channing Tindall, Ezukanma, etc. There have been quite a few actually.

You say we're young but I don't think the starters necessarily are:

>> Both our CBs were at the age of decline / irrelevancy / retirement: Xavien Howard (30) and Jalen Ramsey (29)
>> Our best OT Terron Armstead (32) is considering retirement!
>> Our best option at LT if Armstead retires is Kendall Lamm (31).
>> Our most productive RB Raheem Mostert (31) is a part-time guy who's at a scary age for RBs
>> Our most dynamic weapon, Tyreek Hill (30), is at a point in his career where we expect degradation.

A lot of the other starters & contributors are also staring 30 in the face, too:

Durham Smythe (28)
Isaiah Wynn (28)
Zach Sieler (28)
Christian Wilkins (28)
Braxton Berrios (28)
Cedrick Wilson (28)
River Cracraft (29)

This is literally why things are such a mess right now and why you have so many cap issues. Does this really feel like a young team to you? It doesn't to me. Our relevancy is tied directly to the veteran players and we're fighting to sign our young core because of the money we've spent on those vets.

Looking at Achane a bit closer:
You've seemingly found your next RB. That's excellent. Again though, those are easy and even Achane will need replacing in another few years so it's not the hit you'd want to be bragging about. It'd have been much better to hit on a 3rd round CB or TE for instance who might star for the next decade and save you some money. Finding a RB in the draft doesn't really save money because a productive FA is still going to be cheap. You want to hit on the expensive positions which is where busts like Igbinoghene and potentially Cam Smith really hurt you.

Looking at Waddle a bit closer:

Picking a WR at #6 overall when several great ones were available was an easy "hit" but there now seems to be some hesitation as to whether we can have both Hill & Waddle over the next few years and to whom the franchise will show it's loyalty. Perhaps Waddle may be the one sent packing as most seem to see Hill as the "must have" guy. Hmmm....

I would agree more with you if we were in position to lock up our young talent long term, but in a lot of cases we're not. We're debating how good these guys actually are (having topped out at 11-6) and whether we have the money to keep them. That's hardly the foundation of a solid argument about having a 'healthy young core.'

Problem #1:
We're now hearing that both Christian Wilkins and Robert Hunt are set to hit the market. So much for building around a young core!

Problem #2:
You're locked in with Bradley Chubb so if you're planning to re-sign Jaelan Phillips next year (and it appears they'd be) then it's very hard to pay enough money to keep Andrew Van Ginkel merely to be a 3rd / rotational OLB, especially when Holland will also be wanting more money next year. So much for that late-round draft hit!

Problem #3:
Do we even have 1 long-term option at boundary CB? No, you don't and it's supposedly a position Grier likes to draft and views as critical. CB should be a strength. Yet our last 2 picks have been Noah Igbinoghene (a bust) and Cam Smith who to this point has done nothing. I guess Cam Smith helps make that average age thing look better but so what?

TL/DR Summary:

If you went with the good, young players you have now you could certainly make the argument you're making: Tua, Waddle, Achane, Ajax, Hunt, Wilkins, Phillips, Elliott, Long, Holland, etc. I just don't know that would be a great team in and of itself. I think our young/core players and the aging vets that've helped make us relevant are separate groups.

If you feel good about this young core, you should build around it and be ready to move on from the aging vets.

>> You should be happy about Howard's exit.
>> You should be willing to gamble on Cam Smith.
>> You should be hoping for Armstead's retirement to help pay Williams and/or Hunt.
>> You should be rooting for a Tua contract to stabilize the future offense(s) and open salary cap options.
>> You should be hoping the team moves on from Hill asap in favor of moving that money to Waddle.
>> You should expect Achane to take the bulk of the carries in '24 and '25 as the Dolphins feature RB.
>> You should be supportive of paying Wilkins to keep him around.

Those are not unreasonable positions at all...if you have faith in the young core and view it as the reason for Miami's recent success. But...

>> Is Cam Smith a real starter? It's overly-optimistic to assume that.
>> How soon can we actually move on from Tyreek? Not immediately. He's likely to get a restructure to relieve cap pressure.
>> What about Waddle? It's going to be very hard to keep Waddle with Hill locked in.
>> Is Armstead actually going to retire? Almost certainly not when he's in line to make so much money!

>> Will we pay a premium to keep Wilkins? Probably not considering he's a DT. Ouch.
>> Will we pay a premium to keep Hunt? Probably not considering he's a Guard. Double ouch.
>> Will we pay a premium to keep Van Ginkel? Probably not considering we made such a bold move to acquire Chubb.

Will the situation be better next year with Phillips or Holland? I'm not sure.

Point is, it's all a bit of a mess, dude.
1. Armstead isn’t retiring
2. I wouldn’t pay a non premium position like Wilkins $25 million a year
3. Hill likely has 2 years left with us
4. I’m not paying hunt $17 million a year
5. Last year was our best shot.
6. The good news is we found our qb and our coach
7. Our young core will continue to get better. Most players peak around 26-28 years old
8. We will likely be better next year.
9. If this fails, then we’ll likely blow it up in 25 or 26

The problem with Grier being on the hot seat (he should have been gone with Flores) is any new GM is going to want his own HC, so McDaniel is at risk too (he should be).

Green Bay has a young talented team, no BS trades. Whatever they're doing is the right way to build a roster Grier isn't going to do it. John Lynch is a better GM than Grier by a long shot, the bar is so low with this guy and we go into every season making a big move in the draft or hiring some new coaches this dingleberry hangs around and is never accountable.

If you're over the cap and you can't beat +500 teams and you need to replace half the roster with FAs that directly translates into you suck as a GM, period. For his last trick he's going to hand Tua a 50 million/year contract and add another poison pill we'll be paying for years.

Grier is definitely on the hot seat and if he goes, so does McDaniel.

I have no idea what Grier’s philosophy is? He guts a team down by trading away players, accumulates draft picks and then his first order of business is to draft a Qb with no talent around him? Then goes out and trades many first round draft picks, he just acquired, in order to speed up the rebuild because the Qb is on a rookie contract then eventually putting the team in cap hell!

As he stated early in the rebuild, this was going to be done the right way? Why wouldn’t you wait till you used all that draft capital you acquired building your foundation, trading down to acquire future draft picks when appropriate and then take your Qb so he is on his rookie contract and any last pieces you would need then be acquired via trade?

Grier is definitely on the hot seat and if he goes, so does McDaniel.

I have no idea what Grier’s philosophy is? He guts a team down by trading away players, accumulates draft picks and then his first order of business is to draft a Qb with no talent around him? Then goes out and trades many first round draft picks, he just acquired, in order to speed up the rebuild because the Qb is on a rookie contract then eventually putting the team in cap hell!

As he stated early in the rebuild, this was going to be done the right way? Why wouldn’t you wait till you used all that draft capital you acquired building your foundation, trading down to acquire future draft picks when appropriate and then take your Qb so he is on his rookie contract and any last pieces you would need then be acquired via trade?

I agree. Well said. Build your foundation through the draft.

They tried to win a Super Bowl for Shula in 1995, with free agents. That did not turn out so well.

Grier is trying to cover his drafting mistakes with free agents. Instead of drafting Jonathan Taylor, we draft Ingo.

Grier should've been fired. This is his ninth year of rebuilds, all kinds of QBs and coaches he keeps firing and juggling. It's over. Get someone else to do it!
McD is okay, he is just a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom