Rumor: Jets trying to attract Moss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jets trying to attract Moss?

Lungoystr

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If this is true (which I wouldn't be surprised), do you think that this will affect Saban's decision on Surtain (trying to get his to restructure, make cap room elsewhere in order to keep him, etc.)?

If Moss does end up with the Jets and decides to stop acting like an overpaid, spoiled, thug, this could mean big trouble for our secondary.

Your opinion?

I don't think so. The reason we signed howard was because Surtain had two years left on his contract, and we already decided we would trade him the next offseason. Howard isnt good at playing nickel, his fortae is the #2 corner.

Moss and NYC!!! Talk about trouble, wait to the media gets him! Let the Jets have him!

I don't think Surtain would make a difference or any DB for that matter. The best defense against Moss is offense. Keep him off the field and you stop him.... otherwise it's only a matter of time.

Let them then we have one more reason(player) to hate them.

korl68 said:
Let them then we have one more reason(player) to hate them.
Chrebet is reason enough to hate them. The little guy burns us almost every time it seems we have them down. He's a clutch player. The addition of Moss is NOT good news. :shakeno:

Lungoystr said:
Chrebet is reason enough to hate them. The little guy burns us almost every time it seems we have them down. He's a clutch player. The addition of Moss is NOT good news. :shakeno:

Moss will kill them for years to come. You want to give up 1-2 draft picks and a defensive starter for a troubled WR who "plays when he wants to"? You're going to have to overpay for Moss. Those are the rules, and everyone knows it.

Lungoystr said:
Well it depends on what they give up to get him. I just think he will not deliver a Super Bowl to them and therefore not worth the asking price.

I would not worry too much. Moss is a great player but cannot beat teams by himself.

Moss wont be as big threat as he is in MInesota in NY. why ??? 2 reasons. number1 he will be playing in grass not on turf like he does in the dome. number 2 Noodle arm as somebody refered to him as could never throw the bombs that Daunte throws.dont get me wrong he is the best receiver in football and i was killing my self when Jimmy didnt draft him but he wont be as much of a deep threat as he was.

korl68 said:
Well it depends on what they give up to get him. I just think he will not deliver a Super Bowl to them and therefore not worth the asking price.

I would not worry too much. Moss is a great player but cannot beat teams by himself.
Rumor has it that Minny is asking for two #1 picks. I would look for the Jets to give it to them in order to get every weapon possible to beat the Pats.

Lungoystr said:
Rumor has it that Minny is asking for two #1 picks. I would look for the Jets to give it to them in order to get every weapon possible to beat the Pats.
Somehow, I don't think the Pats are worried!

this would be a good move for the jets if they could rework his contract. I wouldnt want to face randy twice a year. attitude aside, the guys a gamer and a top 3 WR in the NFL. Stick him on a team like the Jets with an excellent Oline and 2 excellent RBs.... sick.

Back
Top Bottom