Rumor: Jets trying to attract Moss? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jets trying to attract Moss?

Lungoystr said:
I think they would be.

Please, they don't worry about Super Star WR.... They shut down the Colts receivers and were not worried about TO. Pennington would still have to be accurate and avoid the INT's, unlike Peyton and McNabb.

SN1P3R said:
Moss wont be as big threat as he is in MInesota in NY. why ??? 2 reasons. number1 he will be playing in grass not on turf like he does in the dome. number 2 Noodle arm as somebody refered to him as could never throw the bombs that Daunte throws.dont get me wrong he is the best receiver in football and i was killing my self when Jimmy didnt draft him but he wont be as much of a deep threat as he was.
I agree..I think Daunte is very much part of his success. There isn't too many guys that can give Randy the time to get downfield and then hit'em in stride 60 yds down the field.

Philter25 said:
this would be a good move for the jets if they could rework his contract. I wouldnt want to face randy twice a year. attitude aside, the guys a gamer and a top 3 WR in the NFL. Stick him on a team like the Jets with an excellent Oline and 2 excellent RBs.... sick.
Heh, I wasn't even thinking about Curtis Martin when I started this post. Thanks for adding fuel to the fire, lol. If this deal goes through, the East really will be a beast.

I don't want us to play against a guy capable of 1400 yard 16 TD seasons twice a year for the next couple of years without a top-flight CB. I will be very upset if the Jets get Randy.

Lungoystr said:
Heh, I wasn't even thinking about Curtis Martin when I started this post. Thanks for adding fuel to the fire, lol. If this deal goes through, the East really will be a beast.
I personally think Moss is heading into the down side of his career. I know that sounds crazy but I do.

I don't think this would change Saban's mind about Surtain...the whole idea of moving him is giving up one really good for several goods. The Dolphins still need this.

Also, if the Jets get Moss, and Pennington doesn't have an great year, he's gone.

Philter25 said:
this would be a good move for the jets if they could rework his contract. I wouldnt want to face randy twice a year. attitude aside, the guys a gamer and a top 3 WR in the NFL. Stick him on a team like the Jets with an excellent Oline and 2 excellent RBs.... sick.
Stop being so damn positive!!!

The Jets are doomed to failure see that sounds better. LOL :D

Megatron said:
I personally think Moss is heading into the down side of his career. I know that sounds crazy but I do.

I personally think you want him to. Moss is amazing. Heck a down side to his career will still put up excellent numbers.

Megatron said:
And I personally think you are smokin the chronic.

He hasnt played 100% this year. He was injured and would have what I would consider an "off-year."

Moss is a top 3 WR in the NFL. I dont want to see him in the AFCE.

I think Moss will go to the Ravens. TO stiffed them to go to Philly, and they are very interested in a big WR threat. Billick has no problems taking the thugs of the NFL, and Moss would probably work great for them.

SN1P3R said:
Moss wont be as big threat as he is in MInesota in NY. why ??? 2 reasons. number1 he will be playing in grass not on turf like he does in the dome. number 2 Noodle arm as somebody refered to him as could never throw the bombs that Daunte throws.dont get me wrong he is the best receiver in football and i was killing my self when Jimmy didnt draft him but he wont be as much of a deep threat as he was.

#1 the Jets play on turf and #2 "noodle arm" hooked up w/ randy alot in college and he calles him the best QB he has ever played w/. "Noodel arm" can make all the throws necessary and Randy would not only put up #s here but he'd win here which is something he hasn't done since early in his career.

He has attitude problems and that COULD be a problem here BUT as long as he is producing he'll be very popular here and remember he would be reuniting w/ his favorite QB and friend Chad Pennington and would be playing under Herman Edwards. I don't think we are far away from competing for a Championship and a move like this(depending upon what we have to give up) could put us over the hump. I don't think we NEED him but we sure could use him.

nyjunc said:
"Noodel arm" can make all the throws necessary and Randy would not only put up #s here but he'd win here which is something he hasn't done since early in his career.

He's won in Minnesota. He's been FEATURED in Minnesota. How could he put up better numbers than when he's the focal point of the entire offense and there are ratios developed to make him see a majority of plays?

Also, to be honest, I doubt that Pennington can make the type of throws Culpepper can... the 45 yard bombs that still don't float long enough to let a safety make a play.

nyjunc said:
He has attitude problems and that COULD be a problem here BUT as long as he is producing he'll be very popular here and remember he would be reuniting w/ his favorite QB and friend Chad Pennington and would be playing under Herman Edwards.

I disagree again. First, NYC has a LOT MORE GOING ON than Minnesota. If Randy had a place to misbehave, NYC is it.

Secondly, he's produced his entire career. He's still petulant.

Lastly, playing under Herm Edwards is probably a BAD idea. He's known as a nice-guy coach. Randy needs tight leash. If you let him walk all over you, he's going to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

Just my opinions.

He's won in Minnesota. He's been FEATURED in Minnesota. How could he put up better numbers than when he's the focal point of the entire offense and there are ratios developed to make him see a majority of plays?

I didn't say he would put up better #s I said he would put up big #s AND win which is something he hasn't done in Minny since early in his career.

Also, to be honest, I doubt that Pennington can make the type of throws Culpepper can... the 45 yard bombs that still don't float long enough to let a safety make a play.

he doesn't have his arm but he is a better QB, Daunte is a great fantasy QB but EVERY time the pressure is on he fails.

Lastly, playing under Herm Edwards is probably a BAD idea. He's known as a nice-guy coach. Randy needs tight leash. If you let him walk all over you, he's going to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

Herm runs a tight ship, don't let the perception fool you. You don't see Jets screwing up much and when they do they don't do it again and you also don't see silly end zone dances or anything like that. He runs a tight ship and is well respected by his players.

Back
Top Bottom