Running Backs Round 1 - 6 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Backs Round 1 - 6

Is Gillislee a write-off at this point?

I'd like to think we're not in the market for a RB but Lazor might feel like he wants his own version of Shady McCoy here in Miami.

Is Gillislee a write-off at this point?

I'd like to think we're not in the market for a RB but Lazor might feel like he wants his own version of Shady McCoy here in Miami.

Looks like Gillislee is a JAG.

My guess is the Dolphins will muddle through with mediocre backs the next couple years, and Philbin will still stick with Miller, envisioning springing him free in a zone blocking scheme that will eventually work.....but if I was GM, I would pick up a premium RB, regardless if it's this year or next, and rebuild with him.

As far as Lazor goes, he's stuck with the players Hickey and Philbin will give him. I think he's going to have zero input with decision-making in this draft. Lazor's biggest impact will be what he can to do improve Ryan Tannehill, and if he can make Philbin's existing scheme work better.

I'm not sure I would consider that getting "run down". The linebacker was pretty perpendicular to Mason on that play, and was able to disengage because #50 who tried to block him threw an absolute patty cake block.

To me, getting run down is being ahead of a defender and that defender being fast enough to chase you down from behind. I'm certainly not arguing that Mason is a speed merchant by any means, nor do I think that's part of his appeal, I just don't think that was the best example.

Not a specific example of getting run down from behind, but I included this: "or tackled after he hit the hole."

He's gone down after contact more than some scouts would like, I suppose. There were some big runs left on the field. So, you have to factor in that NFL defenses will be bigger and faster.

By the way, I just saw Freeman on Omar's man crush list, and we all like Freeman I think...may be a chance we can pick him up today.

in the second round box: CARLOS HYDE. but jeremy hill is right there also. either one for me. off field concerns made me choose hyde. no issue, i would take hill.

third round box: KA'DEEM CARY.

fourth round box: DEVONTA FREEMAN.

fifth round box: DE'ANTHONY THOMAS. [one of my fav players in the draft and the kind of shifty, all around, versitile playmakers we have been missing.]

6th round box: TYLER GAFFNEY.

If I'm the GM, I'd hold off until next year. Really good class expected to come out.

Sorry - I'm foreign, I have never heard someone described as a jag. Please explain.
My hunch is it means that he is average or underwhelming, but he has not been given much opportunity to show what he can do.
The RBs available look a lot more exciting this year. Lots of value appears to be available.

My guess is the Dolphins will muddle through with mediocre backs the next couple years, and Philbin will still stick with Miller, envisioning springing him free in a zone blocking scheme that will eventually work.....but if I was GM, I would pick up a premium RB, regardless if it's this year or next, and rebuild with him.

As far as Lazor goes, he's stuck with the players Hickey and Philbin will give him. I think he's going to have zero input with decision-making in this draft. Lazor's biggest impact will be what he can to do improve Ryan Tannehill, and if he can make Philbin's existing scheme work better.

Yeah I don't think Lazor will have any real influence, more his constant gushing of McCoy will have an osmosis like effect.

And like Spiketex, I have no idea what JAG means.

Sorry - I'm foreign, I have never heard someone described as a jag. Please explain.
My hunch is it means that he is average or underwhelming, but he has not been given much opportunity to show what he can do.
The RBs available look a lot more exciting this year. Lots of value appears to be available.

JAG = Just Another Guy

Give me Mason i don't think he goes in the 2nd due to the wrist concerns might slide to the 3rd. Mason is also my man crush. McKinnon is right behind him. McKinnon is strong fast well built everything you want but he played option qb. So he goes lower then he otherwise would

Back
Top Bottom