Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers)

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
"Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout" (WQAM Radio interview answers)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=4f82e3c2-07ac-40fc-9477-df354e736c8a

Short sound clip of Mallet talking about the coaches and having a great classroom session, experience with Henne and Long at Michigan, having to compete with Henne if he came to Miami, wants to "help win Championships"

If someone can find the full interview please add on

cool thanks for posting i love to hear that he loved his workout!!!

Im sold. Get him here. Use #15 if you have to.

^^^this 1000x's

Even the scouts that rag on him don't dispute he has the most NFL ready arm in this draft. He also comes from an NFL style Offense which gives him a leg up on most of the competition. Yet he isn't considered a top 3 Qb in this draft by some?? Why?!? Because he used a little nose candy and is a big meanie head?

I have heard people question his work ethic but he has improved throughout his college career and that doesn't happen without putting in some work.

And what he isn't a great leader? Ask me how much of a s*** I give about that. The bears made it to the big game with Rex Grossman under center how great of a leader is he?

If you surround him with high character guys who can rub off on him he is an absolute steal at #15.

I swear if were in position to grab this guy and we don't!....arrggghhhhh i have a strong suspicion he is going to be one of the best if not thee best QB out of this class!

^^^this 1000x's

Even the scouts that rag on him don't dispute he has the most NFL ready arm in this draft. He also comes from an NFL style Offense which gives him a leg up on most of the competition. Yet he isn't considered a top 3 Qb in this draft by some?? Why?!? Because he used a little nose candy and is a big meanie head?

I have heard people question his work ethic but he has improved throughout his college career and that doesn't happen without putting in some work.

And what he isn't a great leader? Ask me how much of a s*** I give about that. The bears made it to the big game with Rex Grossman under center how great of a leader is he?

If you surround him with high character guys who can rub off on him he is an absolute steal at #15.

Agreed, i dont see what he is truly lacking, best arm of the draft class, great deep throw accuracy, good completion percentage, the main knock on him i see is "lead feet" and cant scramble or move in the pocket. Ive seen a lot of tape on Mallet and not just highlights where he is throwing on the run and moving outside the pocket completing passes, hes competitive by nature and knows he would have to compete with Henne again and im sure would love to prove he should be the start again

[video=youtube;OBQVNQXrSYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBQVNQXrSYE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;OBQVNQXrSYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBQVNQXrSYE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

i watched the video im still not sold on the guy
he made some decent throws under pressure
but when he had the chance to win in some of those games
he threw a interception at the end of the game
vs the buckeyes..i do think he is better than henne
but both will struggle without some new offensive line help..

The Dolphins want everyone to know that they have zero interest in Ryan Mallett. They've been putting that out there since the Combine, telling people privately that they are not impressed with Mallett's personality and even going so far as to putting out the word that the only reason Mallett is invited to Davie is because they need someone to throw balls to D.J. Williams.

I smell smokescreen.

For every game that ended like the Ohio State and Alabama games ended, with Mallett throwing an interception while trying to embark on game-winning drives, there were games like the Georgia game that were close and Mallett performed his best in crunch time.

For all the talk about the situation Mallett found himself in against Ohio State, if you look at the previous drive, that was a big crunch moment drive as well. They started 1st & 10 and Mallett played well on the drive but a holding penalty and I believe a drop contributed to their punting with 4:30 left in the game, down 31-26. The only reason Arkansas got the ball back with 1:09 remaining at a spot where they had a LEGIT chance at a winning touchdown drive, was because of a punt block. Otherwise it would have been the PREVIOUS drive, the one marred by a holding penalty causing a 1st & 21, that would have been the real culprit.

And of course, if Mallett's WRs don't drop a ridiculous number of balls, Arkansas isn't down in the score to begin with.

Agreed CK.

Mallett is the pick at #15. I really believe it is. The other scenario, which I've said before -- is Andy Reid trades #23 to Miami to grab a lineman that he likes like Carimi, and Miami takes Mallett at #23.

The reason I'm against it is because these guys already have history competing against each other. Henne won that competition, so why would we think he would beat Henne this time? And even if he could, would it make the Dolphins better? I think it would bring in more DRAMA. We don't need that

Miami has to pick RB or QB with the #15 pick. If Ingram is there, you take him because he will come in and give you something to build the ground game around. He should be able to put up some good stats in his first season. The guy is a football player. Period. If Ingram is gone, you have to go with a QB that you feel can beat out Henne or push Henne passed whatever is holding him back right now from being great. Because anything less than one of those two things will be 7 - 9 and no playoffs. Maybe worse without an established run game.

So if Ingram is gone, you have to reach for Locker or Ponder. Trading down is still the best option. Trading up is foolishness.

The reason I'm against it is because these guys already have history competing against each other. Henne won that competition, so why would we think he would beat Henne this time? And even if he could, would it make the Dolphins better? I think it would bring in more DRAMA. We don't need that

Miami has to pick RB or QB with the #15 pick. If Ingram is there, you take him because he will come in and give you something to build the ground game around. He should be able to put up some good stats in his first season. The guy is a football player. Period. If Ingram is gone, you have to go with a QB that you feel can beat out Henne or push Henne passed whatever is holding him back right now from being great. Because anything less than one of those two things will be 7 - 9 and no playoffs. Maybe worse without an established run game.

So if Ingram is gone, you have to reach for Locker or Ponder. Trading down is still the best option. Trading up is foolishness.

Wasnt Henne a Senior and Mallet a freshman?

Ok, I was able to get through 6 minutes of it...Does it get any better than the first 6 minutes???? Wow, I was not a fan of this guy before and this video backs why we shouldn't pick him. All I saw was terrible decision making. Yes, he was able to avoid the first guy and was able to scramble outside the tackels but I did not see him follow up once with a completed pass! Did anyone else seee his throwing motion as well. Yeah he has a cannon but he has to load it from below his hips!

Back
Top Bottom