Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers)

Im usually in Cks corner but to me the Video posted here doesnt give me any real indications of Mallet being the guy we need to lead this team. HE is a good quarterback when he is in the pocket and has time to wind up and go through his reads. YEs there were far too many dropped passes in that video but there are also far too many times where the pressure is miss read and reacted to poorly by MAllet. HE panicked and would run into pressure rather than trust the pocket and take a step up or to the side and try to keep his eyes down field. Do i think he is a good prospepct yes. But drafting him in the first round in my opinion gives us Chad Henne and Henne Version 2.0 with slightly better tools but less experience

However I do want to thank CK for his videos they are all soooo helpful and imo the best out there

Im usually in Cks corner but to me the Video posted here doesnt give me any real indications of Mallet being the guy we need to lead this team. HE is a good quarterback when he is in the pocket and has time to wind up and go through his reads. YEs there were far too many dropped passes in that video but there are also far too many times where the pressure is miss read and reacted to poorly by MAllet. HE panicked and would run into pressure rather than trust the pocket and take a step up or to the side and try to keep his eyes down field. Do i think he is a good prospepct yes. But drafting him in the first round in my opinion gives us Chad Henne and Henne Version 2.0 with slightly better tools but less experience

However I do want to thank CK for his videos they are all soooo helpful and imo the best out there
What? He rolled out when there was pressure up the middle and stepped up when getting edge rushed. He only left the pocket with pressure right on him (or if it was a designed rollout).

For the record no there were not "several" dropped interceptions. There was one. There was also a dropped touchdown in the end zone.

EDIT: Not trying to be snippy, but you're not going to know that video better than the person that created the video, that person being me.

I value your posts CK. Very few do their homework like you and the value of your posts are more than pretty much anyone elses on here. I don't view you as snippy.
There are time though where I feel you take the "what if" into account when they support your position and debunk them when they do not. You mention that 63% of the passed "hit a receivers hand". As if we should count them as a catch? Yet in another thread were we are talking you completely shoot down my hypothetical that we were 7 points away from a 10-6 record. Not being snippy either, just saying.

when you watch Mallet under pressure moving out of hte pocket his eyes are downfield. He doesn't put his head down and run into linemen like Henne does.

Mallet's receivers at Arkansas were damn awful.

as much as I LOVE Mallet, i almost don't want to get my hopes up on us drafting him because I know that I'm in for dissapointment if I do

Ok, I was able to get through 6 minutes of it...Does it get any better than the first 6 minutes???? Wow, I was not a fan of this guy before and this video backs why we shouldn't pick him. All I saw was terrible decision making. Yes, he was able to avoid the first guy and was able to scramble outside the tackels but I did not see him follow up once with a completed pass! Did anyone else seee his throwing motion as well. Yeah he has a cannon but he has to load it from below his hips!

Scotty. How are we supposed to consider your opinion a credible one when you can't even finish watching a ten minute video? CK and Simon wrote a novella on this guy. Their article was well researched and incredibly detailed. You should read the paragraphs that correspond to these videos. I think it will enlighten you a little bit especially as it pertains to the "terrible decision making" you saw on the six minutes you watched.

I'll admit the video wasn't impressive as a highlight video however it was neither the point of the video or showing just highlights. All qb's are going to make mistakes, hell I think Peyton Manning and Tom Brady had at least one interception this year. Pressure is a part of the game, the question is how does the qb handle it. I'd rather see a qb try to make a play as opposed to panicking and throwing the ball out of bounds. Enough of the 3 second clock throw away, take a chance instead of throwing yours balls away. I'm not sure how much of that was coaching or Henne last year but I want to give the receivers a chance this year.

i'd rather trade down and pick up pouncey & wisniewski but if not i'd take a shot with mallet than waste #15 on a running back.

do you guys realize taht was NOT a highlight reel? It was showing how he handles pressure. Do you guys even watch/read the video or thread?

Not sure it is going to be Mallet but we need more QBs - but not a RB with pick no.15

Please Lord Tyrod Taylor in the latter latter half of the second day

Jeff Ireland's dream scenario

Trades down with Eagles for NO 23 and still picks Mallet
With his newly acquired second he picks D.J. Williams

Would you love this draft????????

Back
Top Bottom