Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers)

And since when is Cam Newton a scrambling QB? He runs on designed passes about the same amount of time that Aaron Rodgers did last year. Try again.

There are valid criticisms of Cam Newton, and there are invalid ones. I'd file the whole "running QB" thing in the invalid folder.

Try again??? Look at Cam Newtons rushing yards through last year, they over 1000 tell me if aaron rodgers ever did that in college the answer is NO.... Comparing Newton to Rodgers is like Comparing a pinto to an BMW... So on your behalf try again...

I see you don't really do very much homework before spouting off some of these criticisms, so I'll try and go easy on you. Cam Newton was the Auburn Tigers' starting tailback in addition to being their starting quarterback. When they called a pass play, he threw the ball. When they called a run play, he ran the ball. Sometimes they would call a pass play and Newton would run it or scramble for positive yardage. The rate at which he did this approximates the rate at which Aaron Rodgers currently does the exact same in the NFL. Cam Newton has always been a passer. Since you probably have not seen any of his high school tape or tracked him since then, I can inform you that in high school he wasn't even close to a runner, but rather was always a passer. In fact, coming out of high school he had to go to a recruiting Combine and run a fast 40 yard dash in order to convince college recruiters that he was not purely a pocket passer and could actually move well. That's a fact. His high school offense was pro style. They only threw the bubble screen maybe once or twice a game. He went to Florida under Urban Meyer and that obviously was not quite a pro style offense, but when he transferred to Blinn College, that was a pro style offense.

The difference between people that criticize on the basis you're criticizing him, and people who do not, is usually just a matter of knowledge, rather than a matter of whether that person likes Newton or not. Even some of his fiercest critics, TedSlimmJr for example, know that there is no validity to Cam Newton being a run-first quarterback or some such. This is because TedSlimmJr is knowledgeable and knows Cam Newton's history, and is able to see things during games that perhaps a lot of other people do not.

I see you don't really do very much homework before spouting off some of these criticisms, so I'll try and go easy on you. Cam Newton was the Auburn Tigers' starting tailback in addition to being their starting quarterback. When they called a pass play, he threw the ball. When they called a run play, he ran the ball. Sometimes they would call a pass play and Newton would run it or scramble for positive yardage. The rate at which he did this approximates the rate at which Aaron Rodgers currently does the exact same in the NFL. Cam Newton has always been a passer. Since you probably have not seen any of his high school tape or tracked him since then, I can inform you that in high school he wasn't even close to a runner, but rather was always a passer. In fact, coming out of high school he had to go to a recruiting Combine and run a fast 40 yard dash in order to convince college recruiters that he was not purely a pocket passer and could actually move well. That's a fact. His high school offense was pro style. They only threw the bubble screen maybe once or twice a game. He went to Florida under Urban Meyer and that obviously was not quite a pro style offense, but when he transferred to Blinn College, that was a pro style offense.

The difference between people that criticize on the basis you're criticizing him, and people who do not, is usually just a matter of knowledge, rather than a matter of whether that person likes Newton or not. Even some of his fiercest critics, TedSlimmJr for example, know that there is no validity to Cam Newton being a run-first quarterback or some such. This is because TedSlimmJr is knowledgeable and knows Cam Newton's history, and is able to see things during games that perhaps a lot of other people do not.

This. Cam Newton isn't a running QB. He's a QB that can run, big difference imo. And that's a huge positive, where as calling someone a running QB, is a negative in my opinion. So what if Cam Newton racked up a lot of yards on designed runs. They're designed runs, and he has the talent to do that. When asked to throw the ball, he throws the ball, and does a fine job doing so.

Cam Newton was the Auburn Tigers' starting tailback in addition to being their starting quarterback. When they called a pass play, he threw the ball. When they called a run play, he ran the ball.

I think you are wrong on this one. There is a reasaon that system is called pistol option.

Back
Top Bottom