Ryan Tannehill PFF#13 QB of 2012 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill PFF#13 QB of 2012

Didn't we used to have an old dinosaur roaming the halls of Davie that said
"stats are like loose women.......you can do what you want with them"

Let's not worry about the stats. Tannehill was athletic, made great throws and decent decisions with very few open receivers. He commanded the huddle with good poise and showed an excellent comfort level with the offense.Outside of the batted balls getting picked off constantly, he had very few stupid throws for a rookie QB. He shows all the skills and intelligence to be a solid QB in this league. With decent talent around him, he can be an All Pro.

Actually, a case could be made that the biggest difference between Luck's "success" and Tannehill's remaining question marks at season's end was Ireland's decision not to pursue Reggie Wayne (who made it clear he would welcome the chance to come home).

Consider:
Tannehill:
58.3% completion; 3294 yds, 12TDs, 13Ints, 206 yds/game

Luck:
54.1% completion; 4374yds, 23TDs, 18Ints, 273 yds/game

Then subtract (from Luck) or add (to Tannehill)
Reggie Wayne 2012
106 receptions
1355yds
5TDs
84.7yds game

Now I'm not contending that Tannehill was on par with Luck last season nor that Reggie's numbers directly translate on a 1 to 1 executional basis, but generally speaking, if making a natural #3 receiver in Hartline , who was covered by the best defenders, into a 1000 yd receiver wasn't enough to excite you, then consider the difference a true #1 receiver like Reggie Wayne would have/will make in Tannehill's progression of success.

I think Tanney was basically as good as Luck last year and Wayne would have made him better. Long term i think both guys will be fine although I think Luck will have a better career

Actually, a case could be made that the biggest difference between Luck's "success" and Tannehill's remaining question marks at season's end was Ireland's decision not to pursue Reggie Wayne (who made it clear he would welcome the chance to come home).

Consider:
Tannehill:
58.3% completion; 3294 yds, 12TDs, 13Ints, 206 yds/game

Luck:
54.1% completion; 4374yds, 23TDs, 18Ints, 273 yds/game

Then subtract (from Luck) or add (to Tannehill)
Reggie Wayne 2012
106 receptions
1355yds
5TDs
84.7yds game

Now I'm not contending that Tannehill was on par with Luck last season nor that Reggie's numbers directly translate on a 1 to 1 executional basis, but generally speaking, if making a natural #3 receiver in Hartline , who was covered by the best defenders, into a 1000 yd receiver wasn't enough to excite you, then consider the difference a true #1 receiver like Reggie Wayne would have/will make in Tannehill's progression of success.

LOL you have the best f'ing sig on FinHeaven bro!

At this time we no starter at LT and there is no good reason to think Jake Long will be signed.

I find it simply amazing that the posters on this site seem to be in complete denial about the need for OT.

How is Tannehill supposed to increase his production with ? at LT and the league's worst starter at OT last year(Jonathan Martin) at RT. Actually Demetrius Bell was worse but he was benched.

Maybe ya'll should consider LT with the #12.

Back
Top Bottom