Ryan Tannehill Season Highlights (Video) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Season Highlights (Video)

Three things from this Vid
1. The sky literally is the limit with this kid
2. Yo Ireland! he need weapons!
3. We need to re-sign Hartline (good WR2)

Nice video! I love his ball placement! He needs to work on not looking down receivers.... He had some plays where he scanned the field though!

Watching this video makes me appreciate Hartline, Fasano and Bess a little more. I do agree Hartline does fall down to much and doesnt score but usually he is a sure catch and moves the chains.

I can't wait to see this guy with weapons around him. Sky is the limit.

and an O-Line, watching that video its amazing many times I saw both Fasano AND Bush stay to pass protect in 4 man rush..Needing 7 to block 4?

Here are my takeaways:

-Tannehill has a real chance to be special. Watching all those throws and runs back to back like that instead of spread out here and there over the course of the season, it is clear how talented he is and how much potential there is, especially given how inexperienced he still is as a QB. I will never tire of seeing that absolutely perfect ball he threw to Clay in the Seattle game.

-The Offensive line was even worse than I initially thought. I reeaaallly hate to say it but they need to invest here, for the umpteenth friggin' time, whether Long goes or not. I will still be peeved if they go for an o-lineman like Warmack, Matthews or Fisher in round 1 but, make no mistake, the line play was downright atrocious at many times.

-There were quite a few touchdowns left on the field this season. I'm only talking about what was shown in the video, too, not any of the times Tannehill barely overthrew Hartline. Look, I love Davone Bess and what he does for this offense. However, the guy is simply allergic to making real impact plays. He is great as a dependable chain mover, but sooooo many gd times in that video, he caught passes that easily should have been housed. Tannehill could have had better ball placement on a few but Davone's lack of burst was perfectly illustrated here. He's like OJ McDuffie with 30% less playmaking ability, and McDuffie was not exactly a TD machine either. Bess should have had at least 4-5 more TD's this season and Hartline should have had another 5-7 as well. The way RT scrambles to buy time to find an open guy is a bit Roethlisberger-esque in a "master of the broken play" way but Jesus, his receivers have to help him out. That will hopefully be rectified this offseason.

-Receivers falling all over the place, either while making a catch or immediately after. Again, some of this goes back to Tannehill being inaccurate at times, but it is maddening how often this phenomenon has occurred the last several seasons. The same exact thing happened all the time with Henne at QB too. Hartline is by far the biggest offender, followed closely by Bess. I am really hoping Tannehill can clean up his ball placement as he becomes more polished. Frankly, I am worried that it may be the difference between Tannehill becoming a great QB and just a good one.

I agree we need to resign Hartline. I would like to see what damage our receivers could do if we added Jennings and a young deep threat in the draft. I really think Bess and Hartline are good solid wr's they're just not number1 guys.

As I said above, I really like Bess. However, after watching the video, it kind of hit me suddenly that maybe a lot of people here, myself included, are biased when it comes to Bess simply because he has been one of the most productive players in a lousy offense. Let's face it. A slot receiver (outside of Wes Welker) shouldn't be that important to an offense. In theory, it should be a pretty easy spot to fill with a sure handed fast WR. I know it isn't always that easy but the fact is, if the team had competent and capable outside WR's, Bess wouldn't have accrued quite this many catches the last 5 years. He's a nice player but they need guys who can put points on the board. A dependable move the chains type is great but when there are obvious opportunities to score easy touchdowns, the guy has to execute. If not, they need to find someone who can.

As a lowlight vid of our receivers, it hard to watch. I'd say 70% of the catches were followed by the receiver falling over.

Totally agree. So much yardage and TD's left on the field due to Bess and Hartline falling down, or leaving their feet to catch the ball when it is not necessary.

Here are my takeaways:

-Tannehill has a real chance to be special. Watching all those throws and runs back to back like that instead of spread out here and there over the course of the season, it is clear how talented he is and how much potential there is, especially given how inexperienced he still is as a QB. I will never tire of seeing that absolutely perfect ball he threw to Clay in the Seattle game.

-The Offensive line was even worse than I initially thought. I reeaaallly hate to say it but they need to invest here, for the umpteenth friggin' time, whether Long goes or not. I will still be peeved if they go for an o-lineman like Warmack, Matthews or Fisher in round 1 but, make no mistake, the line play was downright atrocious at many times.

-There were quite a few touchdowns left on the field this season. I'm only talking about what was shown in the video, too, not any of the times Tannehill barely overthrew Hartline. Look, I love Davone Bess and what he does for this offense. However, the guy is simply allergic to making real impact plays. He is great as a dependable chain mover, but sooooo many gd times in that video, he caught passes that easily should have been housed. Tannehill could have had better ball placement on a few but Davone's lack of burst was perfectly illustrated here. He's like OJ McDuffie with 30% less playmaking ability, and McDuffie was not exactly a TD machine either. Bess should have had at least 4-5 more TD's this season and Hartline should have had another 5-7 as well. The way RT scrambles to buy time to find an open guy is a bit Roethlisberger-esque in a "master of the broken play" way but Jesus, his receivers have to help him out. That will hopefully be rectified this offseason.

-Receivers falling all over the place, either while making a catch or immediately after. Again, some of this goes back to Tannehill being inaccurate at times, but it is maddening how often this phenomenon has occurred the last several seasons. The same exact thing happened all the time with Henne at QB too. Hartline is by far the biggest offender, followed closely by Bess. I am really hoping Tannehill can clean up his ball placement as he becomes more polished. Frankly, I am worried that it may be the difference between Tannehill becoming a great QB and just a good one.

Yup the oline stuck out to me too. We are in for a rude awakening if we expect Martin to protect Tannehills blind side if he doesnt get stronger and meaner at the point of attack.

What I took away from this video was two things...
1. Tannehill has all the ability, he just needs to put it all together and he needs a good deal of help.
2. We had no business losing to the Jets, Cardinals or Colts, and I have no idea how we came out and got smacked at home by Tennessee like that... I need 10-6 and a playoff berth next year damn it!

What I like the most is the pocket presence and the subtle movement when necessary. It looks natural and he doesn't have to take his eyes off the receiver to feel where the rush is coming from.

Perhaps some work on his mechanics to improve accuracy but all in all a very successful first season for an inexperienced rookie.

Back
Top Bottom