Ryan to Rebuilding Clubs: How Convenient | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan to Rebuilding Clubs: How Convenient

my thing is adding a Number 1 type guy at WR is different than almost any other position because teams have 4-6 WR's in most cases. he is replacing the worst of them not the number #2 so its a very big improvement.

This board has done wonders to lift my spirits this week. The comedy that has been posted, you just can't buy laughter like this. I truly thank all of the posters who have made me laugh all week.

Not as much as I laughed today when I heard the news that a knowledgable Stuckey has left the building with some draft picks for a guy who will do absolutely squat Monday night.

:lol2:

Your post makes no sense considering Edwards is 26 years old and the Jets are a pretty young team built for the long haul. Your post comes across as wishful thinking IMO. I undertsand, If I was a Phins fan I would be scared too considering the Jets have the most talent in the division and finally a coach that knows how to use it.
Yes but the Jets had a thin draft this year, already have given up 2 draft picks next year and are very thin in depth right now. Look at how much your fans are raving about getting Pace back to help out against the run. You can't afford injuries at all and that will only get worse over the next couple of years.

Nublar is dead on that teams that don't draft well and mortgage the future on the present, tend not to do well. Classic example of this is the Redskins. Classic example of how to build the Steelers.

Sorry, I like what he said and don't see a thing wrong with it. Yes, how he executes this philosophy is important but the in the NFL it's win now. You may not like him because he's fat or because he coaches the Jets, but I want my Coach to have this attitude, and I think our Coach does.

Now will that translate to wins? That's another issue.

I don't see how giving up a 3rd & 5th is mortgaging their future, we have people here wanting to give a 1st and 3rd for some WR's.

I like that they are taking a chance to help themselves and their young QB. I just think B.Edwards is a real risk himself and our FO isn't dumb enough to take chances on a guy like that. If he gets suspended for his fight it makes this move even worse, but Ryan cares more about the opportunity to win then having a small amount of respect, this is even more obvious with his media based fights with opposing players.

Edwards drops have to concern them, maybe their 5-10 yard offense will make a difference for him. Usually droppsies are a case of vision problems or serious lack of concentration. The other major draw back is that BE wants to a star/hollywood type celeb and NY allows him to be even more distracted then Cleveland.

I'm glad we passed, the negative out weighs the positive by a mile.

Keep in mind it's the fans that want to give up picks for players!!! It's not the Dolphins F/O ... if this was Saban or Wanny, you can bet the house they'd have traded 1st round picks!!! This is a very different mentality that the BP F/O has.. and it's building a contender throught the draft process... and filling in for the most part with F/A thay target to fix a need area... smart thinking IMO ... some have failed, but most have panned out!!!

This was taken from a "

The problem with this mentality is he is mortgaging the future when he really doesn't have the team to win now. I say mortgaging the future because the Jets GM openly stated Edwards won't be given a contract extension, and barring an uncapped year in 2010, which I don't believe will happen Edwards will be a free agent. Now some nay sayers will say what can you get with a 3rd and 5th round draft choice. I will tell you to look at our very own roster.

I actaully think this trade is going to help the Dolphins in the long run.
The Jets are going to rent Edwards for 1 year and come next years draft they won't have a 3rd or 5th rounder to show for it. Not a very good idea considering the lack of depth the Jets have on their team right now.

Tannenbaum didnt say the jets werent going to drop edwards after a year, he said they were not goign to restructure his contract DURING the season, this is good because it will drive edwards to want to earn more money and a good contract.

Keep in mind it's the fans that want to give up picks for players!!! It's not the Dolphins F/O ... if this was Saban or Wanny, you can bet the house they'd have traded 1st round picks!!! This is a very different mentality that the BP F/O has.. and it's building a contender throught the draft process... and filling in for the most part with F/A thay target to fix a need area... smart thinking IMO ... some have failed, but most have panned out!!!

Agreed but my point is it's the fans saying they paid to much but are willing to pay more for the same thing, I guess I'm just confused.

I too believe we need a number 1 to benefit not only Henne but Ginnn aswell, I'm not as willing to throw him to the curb as others are because I see him helping the team in the long run.

I don't see how giving up a 3rd & 5th is mortgaging their future, we have people here wanting to give a 1st and 3rd for some WR's.

I like that they are taking a chance to help themselves and their young QB. I just think B.Edwards is a real risk himself and our FO isn't dumb enough to take chances on a guy like that. If he gets suspended for his fight it makes this move even worse, but Ryan cares more about the opportunity to win then having a small amount of respect, this is even more obvious with his media based fights with opposing players.

Edwards drops have to concern them, maybe their 5-10 yard offense will make a difference for him. Usually droppsies are a case of vision problems or serious lack of concentration. The other major draw back is that BE wants to a star/hollywood type celeb and NY allows him to be even more distracted then Cleveland.

I'm glad we passed, the negative out weighs the positive by a mile.

100% accurate - his concentration in NY of all places will get worse - And I seen Sanchez throw last week... :D the fans will be on both of their cases soon enough..., soon enough

This thread was started under the false basis that the Jets won't resign Edwards after this season... fat chance.

Hopefully, Edwards doesn't work out for them. But in all honesty, I don't see him being any worse than a 60 catch/900 yard receiver for them, which isn't bad considering what they gave up.

Yes but the Jets had a thin draft this year, already have given up 2 draft picks next year and are very thin in depth right now. Look at how much your fans are raving about getting Pace back to help out against the run. You can't afford injuries at all and that will only get worse over the next couple of years.

Nublar is dead on that teams that don't draft well and mortgage the future on the present, tend not to do well. Classic example of this is the Redskins. Classic example of how to build the Steelers.
Fans are raving about getting Pace back because he is our best pass rusher and one of best overall players. We are not all that thin as you are making it sound, we have pretty good depth throughout the roster. The main areas we need more depth are on the OL and NT. If you look at our roster without the aqua glasses on, we are pretty much set throughout the roster, next draft is used to continue building depth and getting younger on the lines. Giving up basically one pick and two jags for a player with the potential of Edwards who happens to be 26 years old is hardly mortgaging the future.

After the crabtree allegations I wouldn't be surprised if the whole fight thing was fabricated to trick em into getting rid of a bad apple.

I try to ignore them but I have to respond every once in a while.:D

That's the prob with this site though. You've been here a while and the site has newbies on here everyday (which is fine). But when they see you and your history and with them not knowing what this site really is about, they will then talk smack and get under your skin.

It's like a residual haunting. NYJunc style :d-day:

Back
Top Bottom