Saints shopping CB Delvin Breaux

Snoop

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last edited:
Why are they shopping him?

You are the king of wanting to make trades for players lol

edit-
Breaux was good when on the field in 2015, but he was limited to just six games last year due to injury and has already missed two weeks during camp this year. Underhill reports the Saints are frustrated with the amount of time he has spent on the sidelines, and that is why they are looking to move him. A starting-caliber corner when healthy, teams should be interested in Breaux if the price is right.

ahhh just what we need more injury prone players :facepalm

Not sure that outside corner is our most pressing issue right now.

And I am fairly certain that we don't need any more players with serious injury concerns.

Sorry, added the link late, basically they're tired of him missing games due to injury

Lol I'm trying to improve the team. We still need a guard and a DT.

Godchaux showed promise at least, as did Asiata. Not that we don't need improvement for the future, but most of your threads are madden-esque

im ok w our outside corner situation - and frankly i don't want us giving away any more of our assets be it players or picks.

i'd rather be on the receiving end of a trade like this.

Not sure we need another outside corner. Free safety is the biggest need at DB next to nickel.

Not sure we need another outside corner. Free safety is the biggest need at DB next to nickel.
He would be replacing Maxwell, upgrade and save a lot of money

Maxwell isn't exactly an ironman himself. Not to mention he's a lock to be cut next year and I'm not so sure we currently have his replacement on the team

So why trade for neither of those?

Breaux is a RFA in 2018, a 2nd round tender pays him $2.8 million, so total he'll be owed 3.5 million over the next 2 years. Maxwell is due $8.5 million this year. He'll likely be cut next year and we'll have to spend resources to replace him anyway, like a pretty high draft pick or a pretty big contract. Frankly Breaux is younger, cheaper, and a better player. As for his health, obviously the trade doesn't go through if he doesn't pass our physical.

I'd offer a conditional 5th, can get bumped up to a 4th based on number of games/snaps played. Then you ship off Maxwell for a 6th or 7th, it's a net gain of $8 million in cap space.

Back
Top Bottom