say NO to Mark Ingram | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say NO to Mark Ingram

I just don't want another "John Avery" at RB. Remember taking him in the first round out of Ole Miss in the late 90's? I think he lasted less than two seasons.

Now there's a kid who clearly had NFL speed...

3 years from now there will be an awful lot of coulda woulda shoulda when it comes to mark ingram...if you pass him up and he ends up in new england at #17 we are gonna have a decades worth of twice a year reminders...

kids gonna be a baller...run the card to the podium or we're gonna regret it

3 years from now there will be an awful lot of coulda woulda shoulda when it comes to mark ingram...if you pass him up and he ends up in new england at #17 we are gonna have a decades worth of twice a year reminders...

kids gonna be a baller...run the card to the podium or we're gonna regret it

I would hate to see him end up in a pats uniform. I rather see in a Dolphins uniform. I think his hype is justfied. He's just that good.

And he fills the biggest need on the team . . . It is one thing if RB wasn't a huge need and we could just use an upgrade, or like Minnesota did, they just gave Chester Taylor a huge deal but AP was there for the taking . . . . thing is, we don't even have a Chestor Taylor on this team. We have Hilliard and Sheets. I can respect taking a QB at 15, I can respect Julio Jones falling to 15 (won't happen) and taking him . . . but trading down to potentially select an olineman when this regime just hasn't had success drafting lineman outside of #1 overall would be a huge mistake.

I honestly hope he goes before us, so that way they have a legitimate reason for not taking him.

I can't believe people don't want him because of his 40-time
Are you serious? The dude is a hell of a running back. He's pretty strong and is a downhill runner. I can't believe some of you guys don't want him because he doesnt run a 4.4

I'd be happy with him or Mallett at 15. If Ingram turns out to be pretty good (which it's pretty damn possible), he may make Henne look like a better QB. Not necessarily great, but not terrible either.

Win-win.

It's not that I don't like Mark Ingram, it's just that I'm just not that high on taking RB's in the first round.

And he fills the biggest need on the team . . . It is one thing if RB wasn't a huge need and we could just use an upgrade, or like Minnesota did, they just gave Chester Taylor a huge deal but AP was there for the taking . . . . thing is, we don't even have a Chestor Taylor on this team. We have Hilliard and Sheets. I can respect taking a QB at 15, I can respect Julio Jones falling to 15 (won't happen) and taking him . . . but trading down to potentially select an olineman when this regime just hasn't had success drafting lineman outside of #1 overall would be a huge mistake.

I honestly hope he goes before us, so that way they have a legitimate reason for not taking him.

RB is the biggest need on the team like NASCAR fans aren't hicks.

RB is the biggest need on the team like NASCAR fans aren't hicks.

Obviously finding a franchise QB is the biggest need, but atleast you have a guy who has started 2 years in a row under contract in Henne . . . Sheets and HIlliard? A glorified myth and a 6th round special teamer.

There is no guarantee that any of these QB's will out perform Henne, especially in the first year (still I would be excited with a QB at 15). Ingram would be a huge upgrade at RB.

Obviously finding a franchise QB is the biggest need, but atleast you have a guy who has started 2 years in a row under contract in Henne . . . Sheets and HIlliard? A glorified myth and a 6th round special teamer.

There is no guarantee that any of these QB's will out perform Henne, especially in the first year (still I would be excited with a QB at 15). Ingram would be a huge upgrade at RB.

Love Ingram, and I agree that he'd be a huge upgrade.

But, in my eyes, his value takes a severe hit because of the depth of this RB class. Ingram is the best, no doubt. But, I'd rather have Carimi and Hunter - for example - than Ingram and James Carpenter (who I wouldn't mind drafting at some point).

Love Ingram, and I agree that he'd be a huge upgrade.

But, in my eyes, his value takes a severe hit because of the depth of this RB class. Ingram is the best, no doubt. But, I'd rather have Carimi and Hunter - for example - than Ingram and James Carpenter (who I wouldn't mind drafting at some point).

I couldn't pull myself to an interior lineman or a right tackle at 15 . . . if we trade down, sure. Give me the best non DE at 15.

LOL at the OP. I'll take a damn good FOOTBALL PLAYER all day over some fast athlete who just so happens to play football. Mark Ingram will be a very good RB at the next level, guaranteed.

It's not that I don't like Mark Ingram, it's just that I'm just not that high on taking RB's in the first round.

im right there with you pac,
its not that i dont like mark ingram, its that i dont see him as the game changing running back that we need to grab at 15 in the first round. I just dont see him being that far superior to the other running back prospects that would warrant taking him so high.

Every year running backs seem to appear out of nowhere to be studs, and we have bigger needs that could and should be addressed with our first round pick.

I'd much rather pass on Ingram and look for an RB later.

The two guys that stick out to me are Ryan Williams out of Virgina Tech and DeMarco Murray from Oklahoma.

Williams was hurt for much of this year but is one year removed from 1655 yard and 21 td 5.6 ypc campaign.

And DeMarco Murray just has that it factor. He passes the eye test. Career 5.0 yard per carry average and could probably be scooped up in the 3rd or 4th round.

Its not about Ingram persay, its about the price to take him.... waaay to high for me

I couldn't pull myself to an interior lineman or a right tackle at 15 . . . if we trade down, sure. Give me the best non DE at 15.

In today's NFL, where RB by comity is the prudent decision, it's better to have an O-line that can open holes and a couple of good RB's than it is to have an O-line that struggles to create holes and one great RB. Of course, if you don't have the passing game to get the job done, it won't matter either way.

Back
Top Bottom