say NO to Mark Ingram | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say NO to Mark Ingram

I'm completely fine with taking him at #15. I'm so done with Ronnie/Ricky. Actually sick of it. Not only does Ingram have the great vision you look for,but does ALOT of his damage when he hits the secondary(YAC)!!! As far as his 40 and his speed go....I can only agree with the examples of other elite backs that have played,and are currently playing. Foster looks fast as hell in my book......................

His burst and his vision are unmatched in this draft class.

We are fortunate he doesn't run a 4.3, because he wouldn't be in reach then. His slow 40 time is our gain. Because the kid has all the tools to be a special runner in this league.

also very against ingram in the 1st. i wouldn't use a 1st on a RB unless i'm sure he's the next coming of jim brown. too valuable a pick and too easy a position to fill. running backs are a dime a dozen - new ones come out of nowhere every year - way stupid IMO to gamble on one with a 1st. hopefully the dolphins learned their lesson with brown.

we're not in the position to even be talking about this. we need a QB. get serious. :lol:

If Henne doesn't do well with Daboll's new offense, then it will be time for a new QB. Andrew Luck will be waiting for us to pick him/trade the farm for him. If you win, you win. If you lose, you still win.

i think hes is worth the pick. I dont see him dropping to any lower then #20. I think he is one of the few sure things in this draft. Honestly i think hes more or a secure draft pick then getting mallet or newton. Newton is vince young 2.0 in my eyes. Besides the two top CB's and the top 3 Dline men and maybe that von miller LB and the two WR green and jones, Ingram is the next "sure" thing in the draft. God i would hate for him to join the pats.

a few years back we drafted a Runningback who was big, powerful, downhill runner....by the name of Ronnie Brown. The type of guy who keeps moving, is hard to tackle, plows through some people...and years later, he hasnt done toooooo much for us. Last year the Bills selected supposedly the "best prospect RB in years" in CJ Spiller, and what...didnt he have like 7 yards against us? Lol.

You DONT take an RB in the 1st round, just like you dont take a WR in the 1st round anymore. You can get a guy like Ryan Williams or Mike LeShoure who may not be top notch, but are also really good in the 2nd round.

OR, you can keep Ronnie since hes only a...what...5th year player? Utilize Lex Hilliard a bit more, a guy who is said to be quite powerful, and then pickup a 2nd round pick and use it on Ryan Williams.

This team has far greater needs than an RB. Personally I didnt think RB was an issue for us last year. OL and QB were, and so were consistent WRs.

Also, didnt Ingram lose his job to the backup in his final year?

no...he didn't...and trent richardson will be a top pick next year as well

i think if youre going to pick a player in the 1st and give all that 1st round money to him, it needs to be a player who can turn your team around. The last RB taken who did real well and made their team a threat, was Adrian Peterson. All the other 1st round RBs didnt really do much (Vikings, Jaguars, Titans didnt go too far). Plus, any RB can run wild if the OL/FB/TEs block well for them. CJ Spiller didnt do so well in Buffalo for that very reason lol.

I say the same thing for WR. Their job is to catch footballs, if they cant catch footballs...go home. No need to throw 1st round money at them.

a few years back we drafted a Runningback who was big, powerful, downhill runner....by the name of Ronnie Brown. The type of guy who keeps moving, is hard to tackle, plows through some people...and years later, he hasnt done toooooo much for us. Last year the Bills selected supposedly the "best prospect RB in years" in CJ Spiller, and what...didnt he have like 7 yards against us? Lol.

You DONT take an RB in the 1st round, just like you dont take a WR in the 1st round anymore. You can get a guy like Ryan Williams or Mike LeShoure who may not be top notch, but are also really good in the 2nd round.

Best post of the thread. The Dolphins are living the perfect example of why you do not go RB in the first round; and yet everyone's talking about us doing it again.

so because ronnie freakin brown didnt' dominate the nfl we should never draft a RB in rd 1 again?

how many left tackles go in round one, and fail?

how many wr's?

hell, how many qbs?

past peformance of DIFFERENT players, should not be an indication of where you draft a certain position in rd. 1.

with that logic, and my questions above, we have already eliminated qb, rb, wr, and lt.... leaving us with guards and centers and fullbacks.... from an offensive standpoint...

i just looked up highlights of Ingram, Ryan Williams and Mikel Leshoure. Well people definitely have a point, Ingram IS powerful and will burst through you....but lets not forget this is the NFL, and we already have a runningback who can burst through people. Ingram can power his way trough college players, but can he power his way through a....Ray Lewis? Casey Hampton? Bart Scott? Karlos Dansby? Who knows..

Mikel Leshoure is purely a guy who has agility and speed. I dont see him as the type who powers through defenders even though hes got good size. After watching his highlights, he seems like a Chris Johnson type.

Ryan Williams has a mix of both. He can run around you or through you...sometimes.

But again, this IS the NFL.

These two are not ANYWHERE in Ingram's class...It's idiotic to say otherwise.

OR, you can keep Ronnie since hes only a...what...5th year player? Utilize Lex Hilliard a bit more, a guy who is said to be quite powerful, and then pickup a 2nd round pick and use it on Ryan Williams.

This team has far greater needs than an RB. Personally I didnt think RB was an issue for us last year. OL and QB were, and so were consistent WRs.

Also, didnt Ingram lose his job to the backup in his final year?

Good God man...get off the short bus.

so because ronnie freakin brown didnt' dominate the nfl we should never draft a RB in rd 1 again?

how many left tackles go in round one, and fail?

how many wr's?

hell, how many qbs?

past peformance of DIFFERENT players, should not be an indication of where you draft a certain position in rd. 1.

with that logic, and my questions above, we have already eliminated qb, rb, wr, and lt.... leaving us with guards and centers and fullbacks.... from an offensive standpoint...

Not necessarily. The way I personally view it, if you're going to take a RB in the Top 15 picks he better be a special player. Not just good or very good, but SPECIAL. Adrian Peterson is a guy who was and still is worth that kind of investment. I just don't see that with Mark Ingram. His teammate at Alabama on the other hand, would be worthy of such a pick.

Ingram won't be flashy, but next thing you know, he will have rushed for a ton of yards and helped his team win a lot of games. He is the real deal, and who really cares what his 40 time is, he plays the game a lot faster than his 40 time would lead you to believe. Guy ran against the best competition in the country and just dominated them weekly. I would gladly take him on my team any day.

Back
Top Bottom