say NO to Mark Ingram | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say NO to Mark Ingram

what would you do if he did run a 4.40..........would that change your mind about him.

Now seems like a good time to take one last look back at Bama's all time leader in rushing TD's... and the best running back in the draft...

[video=youtube;W26shTTIPs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W26shTTIPs0&feature=related[/video]

Now seems like a good time to take one last look back at Bama's all time leader in rushing TD's... and the best running back in the draft...

[video=youtube;W26shTTIPs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W26shTTIPs0&feature=related[/video]

mark ingram alone would make the 2011 miami dolphins season worth watching...man would he look good in aqua and orange...all this trade down to #25 and still get him stuff has me lmao...

of note the play in the south carolina game clip where ingram breaks into the open field and the corner #17 gets the angle on him that's culliver...the kid that just ran 4.36 in the 40 at the combine...in other words he's a speed merchant...so i wouldn't knock #22 for being caught on that play

anyways...i'm tired of reading all the dumb *** stuff on here about he's not a great pick at #15...this board like usual will just have to wait and see

Well, the bottom line is this...

If you can watch Mark Ingram play the running back position and not see "special", you're just not looking for it... It just doesn't get much more special than the skills this kid brings with him.

If you can't tell that Mark Ingram is constantly moving at a different rate of speed than the other 21 guys on the field, you have no business even forming an opinion on a football player.

If you don't see "special" in #22, you're simply not paying attention. You're only looking at three digits on a stopwatch...

the question should not be how fast someone is but can they play football. clearly Ingram is a football player and is built for long haul. avg lifespan of a RB is just over 4 years. But if you can get another guy later, then it comes down to how good is he compared to someone else who can help us immediately.

Ingram IS special, but again, hes plowing through NCAA linebackers. Can he plow through NFL linebackers? He's what, 5'11...220? You think Lewis, Hali, Wake, Suggs, Ruud, Fletcher, Beason couldnt stop him?

Ingram IS special, but again, hes plowing through NCAA linebackers. Can he plow through NFL linebackers? He's what, 5'11...220? You think Lewis, Hali, Wake, Suggs, Ruud, Fletcher, Beason couldnt stop him?

You don't think playing in the SEC week in and week out that he is not playing against NFL linebackers? I mean that generalization could be said about any position and any player. Can Patrick Peterson cover NFL WR's like AJ, CJ, Fitz, etc? Can AJ Green get seperation from Namdi, Revis, Champ, etc? Can Fairley get Penetration against Mankins, Long, Nicks, etc.

No other RB faced the competition that Ingram faced and no other RB possesses the tools that Ingram possess in this draft . . . we need atleast 1 new RB, more than likely 2 and maybe even 3 . . . he is the best guy, and looking at the potential board, unless you are reaching for an OLineman/WR there is no better value unless one of the QB's appeal to you. And with the amount of teams looking for a QB ahead of us, if all these guys were to drop to us at 15, what in turn does that say about these guys? So I'm not expecting them to be there either.

All a moot point . . . nobody knows what the best pick is until we are on the clock . . . Ingram may already be off the board . . . the whole point is to completely disregard him at 15 is a mistake. People that are slighting him to explain their reason for not selecting him are just off base completely. I respect the fact that RB's can be had later that have had recent success, and I take that into consideration when I'm drafting . . . but I don't rule out a guy like Ingram.

Ingram is a ridiculous talent. I couldn't be upset about drafting him. But, bottom line: at some point you have to get a QB. Now, if the writing is on the wall that we're not spending a 1st on a QB, then, yeah, bring in Ingram. He's going to impact the game as much as - if not more - any other player we'd look for at #15 (if he's even there at 15). But, again, you can't win a SB with a great running back and a great D anymore. I don't think Ponder will be there in the 3rd, but if we were to end up with Ingram and Ponder, I'd at least be hopeful.

An argument for drafting Ingram:

We have a lame-duck HC, and he'll likely fail to get us where Ross expects him to take us. So, next year, we could be looking at a new HC who will want to bring in his own QB - hopefully via the draft. A player of Ingram's talents would take considerable pressure off of a rookie QB. With our D and Ingram, the QB could take the Big Ben path to development. On the flip side, Ingram could make us just good enough for Tony S. to keep his job.

I can’t help but think that getting a premiere OT solidifies the line for more years than the life of one running back, and helps almost every facet of the offense. Helps the running back, whoever it is, helps the quarterback and passing game too. If Ingram had run a blazing time I think he would be mentioned with the Adrian Petterson’s and that type, but he didn’t and isn’t. Don’t quite see him being really head and shoulders above anybody else that will not be drafted in the first round. I see him falling to New Orleans, which is about right and good value there, not at fifteen.

Size and speed is important but not the most importat attributes for a RB to have. I will take vision, balance and cutting ability as the most important attributes. Ingram has all three plus his center of gravity is perfect for a RB. Take Ronnie Brown for example. He is a good back. Has great speed and size. I don't think anyone would say he is elite though. Take it to the bank...Ingram has twice the pro career Ronnie Brown will.

Agree about saying no to Ingram, but 40 time has nothing to do with it. Think he'll be a very good if not great running back. But that's just not how championship teams are built in todays NFL. Name me one great team this year that was built around a 1st round running back. There isn't one. For god's sake, the only team in the playoffs with a first round running back making major contributions was the Steelers, and they have Ben Roethelisberger. We look up at the Patriots and want to be the Patriots. Every year we talk about, "oh my gosh, the patriots are going to take running back x and kill us for the next 5 years and every year they pass running back x by and kill us with the Danny Woodheads and Benjarvus Green-Ellises of the world. Everything needs to be dedicated to building the passing game this year. If we can't economically use 15 on a qb, trade down and keep working on building the OL and finding a burner at WR. Grab a back in rounds 2-4 where the value is found. Go take a look at RB's drafted in rounds 2-4 the last 3 years. Not many misses.

Agree about saying no to Ingram, but 40 time has nothing to do with it. Think he'll be a very good if not great running back. But that's just not how championship teams are built in todays NFL. Name me one great team this year that was built around a 1st round running back. There isn't one. For god's sake, the only team in the playoffs with a first round running back making major contributions was the Steelers, and they have Ben Roethelisberger. We look up at the Patriots and want to be the Patriots. Every year we talk about, "oh my gosh, the patriots are going to take running back x and kill us for the next 5 years and every year they pass running back x by and kill us with the Danny Woodheads and Benjarvus Green-Ellises of the world. Everything needs to be dedicated to building the passing game this year. If we can't economically use 15 on a qb, trade down and keep working on building the OL and finding a burner at WR. Grab a back in rounds 2-4 where the value is found. Go take a look at RB's drafted in rounds 2-4 the last 3 years. Not many misses.

couldn't agree with that post any more. well done ... kid. :lol:

do you guys honestly think that ben jarvis green ellis and danny woodhead would be having the same success if it wasn't for #12 under center???

please tell me you know that bradys presence makes a TON of difference in that running game...teams can't just load up to stop the run cause brady will carve their hearts out

same thing i said before...give me tom brady and i'll take an average talent at rb...heck give me a top 12 nfl qb an i think i'm ok with it...til then **** that

Back
Top Bottom