Schein thinks the Bills will be this year's Cinderella | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schein thinks the Bills will be this year's Cinderella

Since people are getting tired of this, this is going to be my last response. If you want a start a new thread "Mark played the same role in his playoff wins as Eli did in his", I would be glad to continue.

4 ranked rush O thanks to Brad Smith in the WC and end arounds and a meaningless week 17 game where we rushed for over 300 yds. Our run game was average that year, that's why we don't just look at rankings.

I don't care where the rushing yards came from. They take pressure off of the QB. That average running game averaged 161 yards in the Jets regular season wins.

The D looked good on paper but this is the same D that lost 45-3 to NE, the same D that tried to blow games late at Miami, at Den, at Cle, Hou, Min and did blow a double digit lead at Chi. we won 11 games mainly b/c Mark and the pass O rescued us numerous times.

The same D that allowed an average of 17 points per game in the Jets 11 wins that you give Mark all the credit for.

He played a huge role in those comebacks.

He played a role, but not as big a role as Eli did in his comeback wins.

It's not ridiculous, you have to compare apples to apples. You are showing cumulative #s where 1 QB had many more attempts.

Having many more attempts proves my point that Eli played a bigger role in his team's wins. They are both QBs and I am comparing what they did in those games. That is apples to apples. You don't want to compare apples to apples. You want to take a sour apple and say I have to add sugar before I compare it to the sweeter apple. :crazy:

The bottom line is both QBs played really well in their playoff wins, both relied on D. One D showed up in all games, the other did not.

I agree that both QBs played well, but one QB played a much larger role in his team's wins than the other.

Oh and Sanchez has played well in all playoff games. You skip over the Eli one and dones where he has THREE of them and is 41-74, 55%, 443 yds, 2 TDs, 6 INTs, led O to 9.7 PPG, 48.4 rating.

This whole thing is over what each QB did in his team's wins. What does Mark having better numbers in losses really say?

That 9 min TD drive set the tone for the 1st half.

What kind of O is devastated by a 9 min drive only down 7 in the first quarter? If they were so devastated by that drive, why was the Jets first drive on O the best of the 4 that they had in the first half. The Jets stopped Pitt on 4th and 1 on Pitt's second drive when they were in FG range. Wouldn't that pump an O up? How did the Jets O respond? They went 3 and out.

The Jets struggles on O had little to do with the Steelers first drive on O, and had everything to do with how the Pitt D was playing.

I don't view mark and Eli as equals, Eli passed him in 2011 and is far ahead of him. If they had equal talent I think they'd be much closer but they don't so you have to evaluate them overall on the talent they have to work with.

Yet, you say Mark could do everything that Eli did in his Super Bowl runs?

Oh so now you need 3rd down conversions on scoring drives to prove something. mark had the biggest 3rd down conversion of the game at SD buying time and making an incredible throw to Keller for the TD that gave us the lead for the first time in the game.

Yes, it shows what role the QB played in keeping those scoring drives alive. Mark completed a 2 yard pass on 3rd down for a TD. That is great but what did he do to get there? In all the Jets scores against the Chargers, Mark contributed 13 passing yards. The QB doesn't deserve the same amount of credit for his team scoring point when he contributes 13 passing yards to his teams scores.

In all of the Jets playoff scores in their wins (4), Mark contributed 381 yards 5 TDs, and (10) 3rd down conversions

In all of the Giants playoffs scores in just 2011 (4), Eli contributed 763 yards, 9 TDs and (16) 3rd down conversions.

Yet, you give the same amount of credit to each QB for their wins and say numbers don't matter. It is ridiculous!

Tebow won games scoring close to 10 pts each time, he would have one drive. That's very different from Mark's comeback/GW drives.

The point is Tebow winning games when he contributed little. Just like Mark contributing 13 passing yards on all of the Jets scoring drives against SD. He doesn't get the same credit as Eli even though they both won games.
Both QBs had two playoff apps. Mark contributed 981 less yards, 12 less TDs and (21) less 3rd down conversions that kept scoring drives alive. That is not playing the same role.

Pretty much all of them.

:lol: You reject reality and substitute your own. :up:

You have said my #s are off but never proven anything.

So Mark has attempted 35 passes in a playoff game, and Eli only average 25 passing attempts in his playoff wins? :idk:

Since people are getting tired of this, this is going to be my last response. If you want a start a new thread "Mark played the same role in his playoff wins as Eli did in his", I would be glad to continue.

I don't care where the rushing yards came from. They take pressure off of the QB. That average running game averaged 161 yards in the Jets regular season wins.

The same D that allowed an average of 17 points per game in the Jets 11 wins that you give Mark all the credit for.

He played a role, but not as big a role as Eli did in his comeback wins.

Having many more attempts proves my point that Eli played a bigger role in his team's wins. They are both QBs and I am comparing what they did in those games. That is apples to apples. You don't want to compare apples to apples. You want to take a sour apple and say I have to add sugar before I compare it to the sweeter apple. :crazy:

I agree that both QBs played well, but one QB played a much larger role in his team's wins than the other.

This whole thing is over what each QB did in his team's wins. What does Mark having better numbers in losses really say?

What kind of O is devastated by a 9 min drive only down 7 in the first quarter? If they were so devastated by that drive, why was the Jets first drive on O the best of the 4 that they had in the first half. The Jets stopped Pitt on 4th and 1 on Pitt's second drive when they were in FG range. Wouldn't that pump an O up? How did the Jets O respond? They went 3 and out.

The Jets struggles on O had little to do with the Steelers first drive on O, and had everything to do with how the Pitt D was playing.

Yet, you say Mark could do everything that Eli did in his Super Bowl runs?

Yes, it shows what role the QB played in keeping those scoring drives alive. Mark completed a 2 yard pass on 3rd down for a TD. That is great but what did he do to get there? In all the Jets scores against the Chargers, Mark contributed 13 passing yards. The QB doesn't deserve the same amount of credit for his team scoring point when he contributes 13 passing yards to his teams scores.

In all of the Jets playoff scores in their wins (4), Mark contributed 381 yards 5 TDs, and (10) 3rd down conversions

In all of the Giants playoffs scores in just 2011 (4), Eli contributed 763 yards, 9 TDs and (16) 3rd down conversions.

Yet, you give the same amount of credit to each QB for their wins and say numbers don't matter. It is ridiculous!

The point is Tebow winning games when he contributed little. Just like Mark contributing 13 passing yards on all of the Jets scoring drives against SD. He doesn't get the same credit as Eli even though they both won games.
Both QBs had two playoff apps. Mark contributed 981 less yards, 12 less TDs and (21) less 3rd down conversions that kept scoring drives alive. That is not playing the same role.

:lol: You reject reality and substitute your own. :up:

So Mark has attempted 35 passes in a playoff game, and Eli only average 25 passing attempts in his playoff wins? :idk:

Our WC was mostly ineffective in 2010, where was the pressure being taken off? is the WC helping him w/ play action? Our run game was average, don't just look at #s w/o context.

I don't give Mark all the credit. 6 of the 11 games they allowed more than 17 pts. The D was GOOD not GREAT, at times they played great but they also blew many leads. people get too caught up in rankings w/o watching the units perform.

Similar role w/ less help around him.

Eli's #s are skewed b/c of the run in 2011 where he played a much larger role than he played in 2007 BUT it still ultimately came down to D/STs getting to and winning another SB.

It means mark hasn't seen a moment too big for him unlike Eli who has been SHUT OUT in postseason at HOME.

The O wasn't devastated, they came back w/ a nice drive giving their D rest but the D allowed Pitt to control the clock all 1st half. when the O got us back in it w./in a score the D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

I believe NYG wins both if Mark is their QB, I think talent around the QB plays a major role in development.

when were these 3rd downs? what were the situations? it's nice to post stats w/o context but that doesn't really help a discussion. The hail mary on a 3rd down counts the same as Mark scrmabling from pressure, redirecting a WR and throwing a dart down the sidelines for a huge 1st down.

Mark contributed a ton, he didn't have one drive. our D didn't hold opponents to 7-10 pts.

In Tebow's 5 comebacks in 2011:

D allowed 15, O scored 18
D allowed 13, O scored 10
D allowed 13, O scored 16
D allowed 30, O scored 28
D allowed 10, O scored 13

Outside avg: D allowed 16.2, O scored 17
removing the one game where they actually scored in Minny it was: D allowed 12.8, O scored 14.2

In Sanchez's 5 comebacks:
D allowed 20, O scored 24
D allowed 20, O scored 23
D allowed 20, O scored 26
D allowed 27, O scored 30
D allowed 16, O scored 17
avg: D allowed 21, O scored 24

HUGE difference.

lol with Kolb? I don't think so.

Hopefully they don't draft Geno Smith cause I think he'll be really good.

And lmao at nyjunk turning this thread into a thread about Dirty Sanchez. Face it dude you're NEVER going to win a Super Bowl with him. You guys had your chances to go to the Super Bowl. It's over dude. Haha:lol2:

lol with Kolb? I don't think so.

Hopefully they don't draft Geno Smith cause I think he'll be really good.

And lmao at nyjunk turning this thread into a thread about Dirty Sanchez. Face it dude you're NEVER going to win a Super Bowl with him. You guys had your chances to go to the Super Bowl. It's over dude. Haha:lol2:

I didn't turn this thread into anything, our window for right now appears closes but things change quickly in this league. we nearly made 2 SBs w/ him and someday we can eventually make one w/ him.

I understand that everyone has their opinions on things but why do you guys insist on never ending these conversations? Do you really enjoy going back and forth talking about the same **** for over 2 years?

I understand that everyone has their opinions on things but why do you guys insist on never ending these conversations? Do you really enjoy going back and forth talking about the same **** for over 2 years?

kind of, it depends on my mood.

Horse****. I don't think you've ever backed down or left a comment disparaging the Jets by itself. Ever :chuckle:

If I agree w/ it I won't attack it but if I don't I never quit. That can be a good and bad personality trait depending upon the situation.

Back
Top Bottom