Scout:"Flynn better than game-manager, but less than a franchise QB" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scout:"Flynn better than game-manager, but less than a franchise QB"

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
One pro personnel man assigned to study Matt Flynn called the free agent a "dink and dunk quarterback" lacking deep-ball arm strength.

The same personnel man docked Flynn for holding the ball too long against the Patriots and missing a few plays downfield versus the Lions. The consensus among personnel men canvassed by the National Football Post is that Flynn is "better than a game manager, but less than a franchise QB." It's going to take a leap of faith from a franchise to make a major investment in Flynn.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

I would but that. Some qb desperate franchise is going to break the bank for Flynn I just hope it is not us!

Merely an opinion. I know there are some QBs out there when young you just know they're franchise guys. The others? You have to see them become that. To accomplish that, you need to give them the experience they need to prove whether or not they're franchise guys.

Merely an opinion. I know there are some QBs out there when young you just know they're franchise guys. The others? You have to see them become that. To accomplish that, you need to give them the experience they need to prove whether or not they're franchise guys.

After 12 years of doing that:

Feidler
Greise
Green
Dumbte
Beck
Pennington
Lemon
Henne
Moore
White
Sage
McCown
And the list goes on

As a franchise the Dolphins can't afford to use that theory.

Its time to fix the QB position once and for all on this team...nothing is more important. Sign Manning or Flynn and draft a QB of the future.

He missed throws in the Lions game? Still threw 6 tds?

I've heard the dink and dunk QB thing before, and after watching the two games he played in I can't disagree with that or the deep ball arm strength thing. Philbin won't sign Flynn unless he knows those are improvable, or expects to run a system that would be based around that. Short throws, quick tempo, etc. However since he's made public they are going for a very vertical offensive scheme, maybe this whole Flynn to MIA thing is starting to become a little less likely.

If Flynn is a "dink and dunk" quarterback that doesn't have a deep arm, then evidently Peyton Manning even pre-injury was a severely limited quarterback that had no deep ball.

This is a scout that has been "assigned to study Flynn"...right? That would sort of imply that this is a team that might be interested in Flynn as a free agent, no? No wonder he's talking him down in the press. The more he talks him down the more the team can hope to keep his price tag low in free agency.

For the record in the two games that Matt Flynn started, he completed 5 of 11 passes for 216 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs on his passes that went 20+ yards beyond the line of scrimmage. So...

I'm just glad Philbin has more than two game films to draw his opinion from

Gosh, if only we had someone that really knew Flynn inside and out, worked with him intimately for the past few years, knew how he'd play in the specific offense we'll be running, maybe even his past offensive coordinator...that's who I'd want making the call...... Ooohh. Right. That would be our new head coach.

flynn, manning, rg3.... ill be happy! if we sign manning then i think tannehill will be drafted.. personal oppinion

One scouting report on Tom Brady coming out of college was: "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."

I will trust Philbin on this one.

Back
Top Bottom