Scout's view on the McMillan/Cunningham debate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scout's view on the McMillan/Cunningham debate

I still like him. And I like him more for our D than what the Texans run ... he needs to add some power for a 3 man front. It will probably take him some time to gain strength and clean up his tackling technique before he is a fixture in the rotation but in a few years I see him being really good.

Raekwon is younger and ready to start right out of the gates. Both excellent picks and prospects though.

I'm not totally happy about the pick bc he isn't a 3 down backer, and every ohio state fan I know thinks he is overrated, but one thing he does is bring you down when he hits you. ZC on the other hand may be a little more athletic, but a huge concern when he tackles. he is arm tackler. he missed that much in college it wont get better

I'm not totally happy about the pick bc he isn't a 3 down backer, and every ohio state fan I know thinks he is overrated, but one thing he does is bring you down when he hits you. ZC on the other hand may be a little more athletic, but a huge concern when he tackles. he is arm tackler. he missed that much in college it wont get better

I'm willing to take vcash/avatar bets on this crap notion. Any takers?

Enough bashing Kiper. He said he was a little surprised that Zach Cunningham was on the board and the media spins it, and now there is an avalanche of.hate on Kiper.

He's entitled to his opinion and at one point years ago, his opinion made other GM's look ********.

He's just earned a pass or three in my opinion is all...

Enough bashing Kiper. He said he was a little surprised that Zach Cunningham was on the board and the media spins it, and now there is an avalanche of.hate on Kiper.

He's entitled to his opinion and at one point years ago, his opinion made other GM's look ********.

You know what they say about opinions, right......they're like a-holes, everyone has one and they all normally stink...LOL.

Kiper deserves a lot of the bashing he gets because of his arrogant know it all attitude and throwing a hissy fit when picks don't go as he deems they should. Is he entitled to his opinion?? Yep.....but so are those who think he is a bloviating coin tosser of picks who really doesn't do much better with his predictions (not only of draft spots but of player future in the league) than an involved amateur or armchair QB who lives and breathes the NFL. So...he has a greater exposure/forum to state his views and with that comes greater criticism and more "hate" his way......a lot of times very justified.

There is never enough bashing Mel Kiper! He is the only ESPN employee I hope gets fired. I watched ESPN coverage of the draft this year mainly because I have for the past 20+ years, but next year it's NFL network. The first pick Gruden almost made Kiper cry, and when Trey Wingo pointed it out Mel got butt hurt. It was amusing. He is so pompass, and has nothing on his resume to validate his attitude.

Then he gave Miami a C in the draft? Every other network gave a B+ or higher. I hope he find a role as a vampire on a tv show so we can be rid of this idiot.

Kiper is just very old school and slower to adjust to new trends. Mayock has surpassed him as the "guru" on TV . . .but Kiper is fine.

Personally I watch ESPN more for Gruden and Riddick . . .although I found Wingo to be cringy to the point that I missed Chris Berman because at least "I know and grew up with" his cringy . . .as I did with Kiper's draft analysis.

As for the topic . . .Mcmillan is the LB we have lacked for a decade. Secure tackler, tough, instinctual and can play 3 downs. I wanted Perryman 2 years ago . . . Raekwon has a much higher ceiling.

Kiper is just very old school and slower to adjust to new trends. Mayock has surpassed him as the "guru" on TV . . .but Kiper is fine.

Personally I watch ESPN more for Gruden and Riddick . . .although I found Wingo to be cringy to the point that I missed Chris Berman because at least "I know and grew up with" his cringy . . .as I did with Kiper's draft analysis.

As for the topic . . .Mcmillan is the LB we have lacked for a decade. Secure tackler, tough, instinctual and can play 3 downs. I wanted Perryman 2 years ago . . . Raekwon has a much higher ceiling.

When I watched clips of McMillian last night that's exactly the guy that came to mind. He reminded of an upgraded version of Perryman. Does all the same things well, but appears to be a faster, more fluid athlete. And Raekwon's significantly taller too.

BTW, What happened to Hoops??? I'd think he's excited about this pick. But he disappeared a week or two before the draft.

The only problem that I see is that McMillan plays the same position as Timmons who they just picked up. Beyond that, I am pleased with the pick. Go Buckeyes!!!

The only problem that I see is that McMillan plays the same position as Timmons who they just picked up. Beyond that, I am pleased with the pick. Go Buckeyes!!!

Misi when healthy is SLB. Alanso played MLB and Timmons is listed as MLB. Raekwon #thetruth is listed on the depth chart at WLB behind Hewitt. It looks like we have good LB depth now if Misi stays on the field.

Just like Kiper excoriated us for passing on Brady Quinn. I believe based on a quick google audit that he's the only "pundit" who graded Asiatta as undraft-worthy. He in turn downgrades drafts on the basis of his often convoluted player ratings

Interestingly enough, Brady Quinn said he "loved, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved" our draft this year. He broke it down at CBS Sports and really showed he knew every pick well and had a very solid analysis. It's good to know Brady Quinn does not carry a grudge. Now if only he could teach that lesson to the guy at Pro Football Today (name escapes me at the moment).

Interestingly enough, Brady Quinn said he "loved, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved" our draft this year. He broke it down at CBS Sports and really showed he knew every pick well and had a very solid analysis. It's good to know Brady Quinn does not carry a grudge. Now if only he could teach that lesson to the guy at Pro Football Today (name escapes me at the moment).

Heath "The Asswipe" Evans?

Watching McMillan and comparing the 2015 version with the 2016 one, this kid is on a steep upward trend... at only 20. His body was better, his decisiveness much improved, his tackling was better, his pursuit was better, blitzing better. His man coverage was much better also, but his big weak point for me is his lateral movement to pick up crossing/slant receivers in his zone. He wouldn't be the first MLB to struggle with flipping his hips and getting in front of a slot receiver or tight end, so to some degree it's a by-product of having a stout Mike. But because he tested so well it's actually possible this is something he can actually improve upon. So much about him in 2016 was better and he displayed such a capacity for development that the ceiling for this kid looks really high to me.

Back
Top Bottom