Sean Payton Dumbs It Down for Sunday? (and some more Dolphins hype) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton Dumbs It Down for Sunday? (and some more Dolphins hype)

To each their own.

I have a healthy respect for what they were able to do to New England, when no one else could. While preserving our greatest hthat istorical achievement.

Maybe it’s just me, I’ll always feel indebted to them, even if they didn’t do it for us.
That was 15 years ago. Different Giants team now.

Typically I agree.

However, we do owe one franchise on our schedule a great deal of gratitude. Doesn't mean we are going to gift them a W. But there isn't a Dolphins fan alive who should hate the NY Giants.
I understand what you're saying but they didn't win that game for us.

That was 15 years ago. Different Giants team now.

That’s kind of irrelevant to me. I don’t root for the team. Just thankful to the franchise for preserving our perfection and doing to it our biggest nemesis.

That’s not something that will ever change based on their talent levels.

I understand what you're saying but they didn't win that game for us.

Obviously but for me it still makes sense to show appreciation. At the very least no one should ever hate that franchise, that roots for this one.

JFC with this trap BS. Just say you don't expect us to win and quit being cowardly about it. I respect someone who would actually say they think we may lose and be wrong than someone who uses some stupid ass term and would claim to not have been wrong because it was/was not a trap, however the hell you quantify that.
I cant really blame anyone for thinking that though. We DO have a history of coming out flat in games like this.

That said, Denver is a nothing team and we need to treat them like a nothing team for 4 quarters.

Typically I agree.

However, we do owe one franchise on our schedule a great deal of gratitude. Doesn't mean we are going to gift them a W. But there isn't a Dolphins fan alive who should hate the NY Giants.

As someone who lives in the shadow of Giants Stadium, there is a world of difference between Giants fans and Jets fans. Jet fans are ignorant delusional douchebags and that usually transcends into real life outside of football fandom. Giant fans are not like that. I have no problem with the Giants and their fans, not more so than any other non-Dolphin team.

Also, I have made good money on every Superbowl they have played in since 2000.

As someone who lives in the shadow of Giants Stadium, there is a world of difference between Giants fans and Jets fans. Jet fans are ignorant delusional douchebags and that usually transcends into real life outside of football fandom. Giant fans are not like that. I have no problem with the Giants and their fans, not more so than any other non-Dolphin team.

That used to be the case here, with Niner and Raider fans. But this country is rapidly descending into ****, and everyone hates everyone now.

To each their own.

I have a healthy respect for what they were able to do to New England, when no one else could. While preserving our greatest historical achievement.

Maybe it’s just me, I’ll always feel indebted to them, even if they didn’t do it for us.

Today matters imo

To the extent one can generalize over so many fans, I agree. The Giants are my second favorite NFL team, as I grew up in Jersey. But the distance between the Fins and Giants is..... I can't think of how to describe it...like thousands of parsecs, or something.

Sorry, cut myself off. "More than yesterday" but I realize that I misunderstood what you were saying in your original post, so its my bad anyway

Speak for myself? Look at the likes on the post for just spelling it out.

Overlooking a team is certainly possible, but using that term is just lazy. Not saying you use it often, but it's pretty much the same folk who consider every game a trap game which is supremely annoying. Buncha goddam eyores.

Did I say it last week or the week before? A trap game is about a team people are overlooking. Which I think people are doing this week with the Broncos. Those guy arent going to just go in there and lay down.

Did I say it last week or the week before? A trap game is about a team people are overlooking. Which I think people are doing this week with the Broncos. Those guy arent going to just go in there and lay down.
You must have missed where I said "Not saying you use it often". There are others here who use it QUITE often.

Also, which people? Haven't seen a single post about the Bills, have you?

You must have missed where I said "Not saying you use it often". There are others here who use it QUITE often.

Also, which people? Haven't seen a single post about the Bills, have you?

? I am confused. Why would we overlook the Bills? I am just going to bow out gracefully. You win. We will never lose again for the existence of this franchise.

? I am confused. Why would we overlook the Bills? I am just going to bow out gracefully. You win. We will never lose again for the existence of this franchise.
The Bills are next week's opponent. Who would you think people are overlooking the Broncos for? Perhaps they are just getting ready for the Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom