Sean Smith = Shutdown Sean!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith = Shutdown Sean!!

I know plenty of people with nicknames who have never and will never play a football game. Why does Sean Smith have to earn it? Relax and let people give out some nicknames.

Best Nick....Name EVER !

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Well after watching him get burned over and over again last night from the Tampa 2nd and 3rd receivers I'd have to call him
Sean "Tampa Bay Toast" Smith

While most of the time the receivers he was covering couldn't catch the ball because of a bad Leftwich pass, they could of since he wasn't close and a few times he didn't look to the ball.
I'm not dogging him, he's a rookie playing like a rookie. I'm just pointing out that this kid shouldn't be anointed for anything like some are wanting to.
He got toasted last night by some questionable receivers. I hope he learns from his mistakes.

I told you all, he's "LOCKSMITH" !!!

He already has 2 INT's in the end zone in limited time.

And what incredible awareness to have great coverage, turn his head around on time, catch the ball with his INSIDE HAND, and then have the wherewithal to keep his feet in bounds..

Sean Smith is a very VERY special player folks. That play can only be made by a corner with exceptional high level elite talent.

You should all be giddy ! We have our man to LOCKSMITH the big WR's who have killed us in past years.

He reminds me alot of Antonio Cromartie. He's not a lockdown guy like Nnamdi Asomugha yet, but God is he a freak. You can tell he used to be a WR.

He reminds me alot of Antonio Cromartie. He's not a lockdown guy like Nnamdi Asomugha yet, but God is he a freak. You can tell he used to be a WR.

Bad comparison.

Cromartie is solely a zone corner.

Sean Smith is an exceptional man-to-man corner. No drafted corner played more man-to-man than Sean Smith in college over the last 2 years.

Give me the man-to-man LockDown guy over the zone corner any day. And twice on Sundays..

Sean Smith is a very special player. And I never say that unless I know for sure. Over my 30 years of studying football.

Bad comparison.

Cromartie is solely a zone corner.

Sean Smith is an exceptional man-to-man corner. No drafted corner played more man-to-man than Sean Smith in college over the last 2 years.

Give me the man-to-man LockDown guy over the zone corner any day. And twice on Sundays..

Sean Smith is a very special player. And I never say that unless I know for sure. Over my 30 years of studying football.

Interesting. I made that comparison simply because both are big CBs that can make highlight reel catches. That was some beautiful man coverage on that INT. I still can't believe a defensive player caught a pass one handed in the end zone and still managed to keep both feet in bounds.

I might get me a Sean Smith Dolphins jersey soon if he keeps making big plays like that. We NEED superstar DBs to compete in the AFC East bad. I hope he burns Tom Brady good this year. :)

and this is only the preseason cannot wait for the real season

If he plays like his next week, I will go with any nickname you guys want. Including Sean Christ.

Back
Top Bottom