Seattle Safety fined $15K for hit on Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seattle Safety fined $15K for hit on Tannehill

He hit his head even though he barely touched him. The fine is the league more of less backing up the refs on the call.

Barely touched him? Thomas hit Tannehill with his forearm above the shoulders and knocked him off his feet.

All roughing the passer penalties carries an automatic fine with it. The fine is either $15,000 (like the hit Thomas put on Tannehill) or $30,000 (like the hit Dobbins put on Jay Cutler).

http://communityvoices.sites.post-g...iks-blog/30338-details-of-nfl-fines-dicipline
Player Safety Rules and/or Flagrant Personal Foul (including, without limitation)
Note: Suspension or fine; severity to be determined by degree of violation
Striking/Kicking/Kneeing: $7,500 / $15,000
Horse Collar Tackle: $15,000 / $30,000
Face Mask: $7,500 / $15,000
Leg Whip: $15,000 / $30,000
Late Hit: $7,500 / $15,000
Spearing: $20,000 / $40,000
Impermissible Use of the Helmet (including illegal launching): $20,000 / $40,000
Hit on Defenseless Player: $20,000 / $40,000
Blindside Block: $20,000 / $40,000
Roughing the Passer: $15,000 / $30,000
Low Block: $7,500 / $15,000
Chop Block: $7,500 / $15,000

Last edited by a moderator:
Barely touched him? Thomas hit Tannehill with his forearm above the shoulders and knocked him off his feet.

All roughing the passer penalties carries an automatic fine with it. The fine is either $15,000 (like the hit Thomas put on Tannehill) or $30,000 (like the hit Dobbins put on Jay Cutler).
Don't get me wrong, I agree with the call that was made and I am glad it was made. It was definitely a penalty, but I have seen far more vicious hits than that.

So how fair is it that that Dobbins got to play the following week and Cutler was out a week and didn't start and the Bears lost that game.
What if Thomas knocks RT out of the game, I thought the penalty was right and the fine appropriate, but if you knock a guy out for a few games with an illegal hit you should be out as long as the injured player is out.
The hit on Cutler was bad, and I don't like Cutler personally.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the call that was made and I am glad it was made. It was definitely a penalty, but I have seen far more vicious hits than that.

I'm sure we've all seen more vicious hit than that and that's why the NFL only fined Thomas $15,000 instead of $30,000.

All players (and coaches) in the NFL should know by now that when you hit another player above the shoulders, intentionally or not, you will not only get penalized but fined as well.

So how fair is it that that Dobbins got to play the following week and Cutler was out a week and didn't start and the Bears lost that game.
What if Thomas knocks RT out of the game, I thought the penalty was right and the fine appropriate, but if you knock a guy out for a few games with an illegal hit you should be out as long as the injured player is out.
The hit on Cutler was bad, and I don't like Cutler personally.
Yes the hit on Cutler was bad but Jay was also beyond the line of scrimmage when he was hit. Also Dobbins did not lower his helmet or shoulder pads to hit Cutler. There was no malicious intent on Dobbins part to hurt or injure Cutler therefore no suspension was justified.

Back
Top Bottom