Seau - whats your opinion? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau - whats your opinion?

At best, Seau....

• should already be replaced.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • has 1 year left.

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • stays in good enough shape to play 2-3 more years.

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
I think Junior is good for run support but lacking in the pass protection area. Wanny doesn't use him much as a sacking LB...which is one of his strengths.
Seau doesn't recover well when the quick RBs can dart by him. I have a feeling this year we will see more of this.
Sure he has great instincts,...he may diagnose something but his body will fail to react fast enough.

Hopefully Bua or another LB can step up and replace him next year...maybe midseason?

Hell no, Seau is the biggest competitor on our team. No way in hell well we bench him halfway through the season.

Everyone will miss a tackle this season, thats just football.

No he will start every game hes healthy. But this is the last year. Next year the starters will be Greenwood/Thomas/Moore I think. I've heard alot of good about Moore this summer.

One more year. I appreciate his aggressiveness but, I'm getting a little tired of seeing Junior fly right past the RB or QB when he tries to anticipate the play.

At least Miami has some young potential at LB in Bua and Eddie Moore for the future.

Superself said:
I think Junior is good for run support but lacking in the pass protection area.

Yeah he was the worst of the o-lineman lol, I think you meant pass coverage. I do think you'll see alot of Eddie Moore and Morlon Greenwood taking over for Seau on passing downs that he's not blitzing on.

I hope Wanny will use Seau more on the passsing downs to pass rush and then drop JT- O-GUN - Jay Williams - D-Bo into pass coverage.
Seau has at least this year and "MAY BE" one more before he has to retire. If he is willing to come of the bench for specific plays he could get another 3 years.

seau was injured last year, but it wasn't something that held him down long. he made several big plays and, in my opinion, is showing no signs of being concerned about his age.

I definetly feel this is Seau's last year............ Starting............After next year I just can't see him starting with the young talents we have in Eddie Moore and Tony Bau...I think after this season Moore and Bau will compete for Seau's spot.

If Seau were to stay as a backup that would be great...but I just think he would retire if that were the situation.

I think he will be a starter untill his career is over. He has been arround for to long and has been a starter all of his career so i dont think he will settle for less than a starting job. And if miami eventually says he will not be a starter he will end up somewhere else and start there unless he retires after miami.

Seau was a huge improvement over Derrick Rodgers. He isn't what he used to be but he is still a good player. I think he can be a good starter in the NFL for a few more years.

Gladsadmad said:
One more year. I appreciate his aggressiveness but, I'm getting a little tired of seeing Junior fly right past the RB or QB when he tries to anticipate the play.

At least Miami has some young potential at LB in Bua and Eddie Moore for the future.

Totally agree with you there. Junior is in great shape, but his quickness has suffered because of age. He also seems to be way too deep in the zone...so deep that the play just goes right past him.

I like seau's agressivness. As much as I hate seeing him fly by a RB, I love watching him blow up running plays. I love watching him and Zack fight to see who can reach the ball carrier first. Our D was great against the run and Seau was a big part of it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

--Ross

Seau still has at least half a tank left. He's got another 2 years with Miami before being replaced. He's in good shape, he's not as quick as he used to be, but you sure as heck don't want to take a hit from him.

Sooner or later even coconuts go bad. I hope jr has enough sense to know when he is thru and steps down then. Untill then i hope he pimp smacks the afc east like ike turner!

I feel he has one more year left in him of starter quality play left! He may have more years after but I relate how he will play more like the way Brian Cox was at the end of his career! Play only on certain downs!
I think the amount of injuries he had last year had a lot to do with his age and I think with his position it is really starting to catch up with him!
Old age and injuries will kill a career!

Back
Top Bottom