Seau - whats your opinion? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau - whats your opinion?

At best, Seau....

• should already be replaced.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • has 1 year left.

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • stays in good enough shape to play 2-3 more years.

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
Anybody who's seen him up close at practice knows Junior is in incredible shape, he could play as much as three more years depending on injuries.

BlueFin said:
Anybody who's seen him up close at practice knows Junior is in incredible shape, he could play as much as three more years depending on injuries.

See I don't doubt that he is in good shape but I think with his age and the position that he plays, that the injuries are starting to catch up with him!

inFINSible said:
"You get old fast in this league"

That is an understatment!
I remember reading something last year about Zack and he was talking about how he doesn't shake anyone's hand! Because he has dislocated his fingers so many time, if he shakes someone's hand and they squeeze to hard they dislocate again! so he doesn't do it anymore! Those are the little things they don't tell you about, that players have to deal with!

So long as Junior is competitive and helps our squad, DW should leave him in. He without a doubt brings passion and energy to the team. It's a great thing he's here also, to mentor our young LBs we drafted. Him and Zach are mentors to these guys, and they are two of the best. It's a win/win situation

shalafi3455 said:
That is an understatment!
I remember reading something last year about Zack and he was talking about how he doesn't shake anyone's hand! Because he has dislocated his fingers so many time, if he shakes someone's hand and they squeeze to hard they dislocate again! so he doesn't do it anymore! Those are the little things they don't tell you about, that players have to deal with!
It's not mine....I can't rememebr who said it....Dixon, I think....:huh:

BlueFin said:

I have no doubt he is in great shape. But his football speed (lateral/backpedal) has suffered. Right now, he is at the point where his instincts can make up for it sometimes. As the year progresses and the hits accumulate, his body won't heal as fast and will naturally slow him down.
I think he would make a great guy to sub in on obvious run plays like near the goal line.

I think Junior Seau was an excellent addition last year. He was certainly an upgrade over D. Rodgers IMO, and his attitude / aggressiveness is something this defense needs more of. He's helped these guys stay focused, and he's been a great leader as well. He's got at least two seasons left IMO....

Given the fact that 2003 was his first year in Miami, he should be even better in 2004. He's got a great vibe about him on the field, and he's a play maker when he gets into the backfield. Even when he's not making "the play", he's making a difference in the way offenses match-up against us, and that plays right into our hands most of the time....

SEAU RULES!!! :eek:
PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

I think Seau still has a few years left in him. This guy is in top notch physical condition and even though he is on the down side of his career, I think he is still one of the better LBs in the league. He still has that "playmaker" ability and brings a load of experience and knowledge to the game. He, along with ZT, will make excellent tutors for Bua and Moore. I'd love to see Seau stick around for a few more years and help out with Bua so that when ZT finally retires, Bua can step in and our MLB spot wont miss a beat.

AggieFin21 said:
I think Seau still has a few years left in him. This guy is in top notch physical condition and even though he is on the down side of his career, I think he is still one of the better LBs in the league. He still has that "playmaker" ability and brings a load of experience and knowledge to the game. He, along with ZT, will make excellent tutors for Bua and Moore. I'd love to see Seau stick around for a few more years and help out with Bua so that when ZT finally retires, Bua can step in and our MLB spot wont miss a beat.

I would love to see him stick around as the LB couch! He reminds me a lot of Brian Cox's!

Seau should not even be makinghalf of what Miami is paying him. He is way overpaid and his production has slipped big time.

He isn't a real fit for this defense at this stage in his career(earlier he could play any system at an all-pro level). He is garbage against the pass and we don't blitz enough to make up for his overpursuit and freelancing to make him effective enough.

If it were up to me he would have been replaced in the offseason, if a good enough replacement was available for a decent price.

Bodzilla29 said:
Seau should not even be makinghalf of what Miami is paying him. He is way overpaid and his production has slipped big time.

He isn't a real fit for this defense at this stage in his career(earlier he could play any system at an all-pro level). He is garbage against the pass and we don't blitz enough to make up for his overpursuit and freelancing to make him effective enough.

If it were up to me he would have been replaced in the offseason, if a good enough replacement was available for a decent price.

Hmm, lets take a look at D. Rodgers and J. Seau's stats:

Tackles Assists Sacks Ints Pass def FF
2002 Mia Rodgers 45 29 0 2 3 0
2003 NO Rodgers 56 18 0 1 5 0
2002 SD Seau 60 24 1.5 1 7 1
2003 Mia Seau 66 30 3 0 3 0
sorry bout formatting!! ugh!

Superself said:
Hmm, lets take a look at D. Rodgers and J. Seau's stats:

Tackles Assists Sacks Ints Pass def FF
2002 Mia Rodgers 45 29 0 2 3 0
2003 NO Rodgers 56 18 0 1 5 0
2002 SD Seau 60 24 1.5 1 7 1
2003 Mia Seau 66 30 3 0 3 0
sorry bout formatting!! ugh!

Hello.....just because there wasn't a strong performer there before doesn't mean you still can't upgrade the position.

Your comparison is worthless. If we had a WR one season that caught 25-400-2 and then we upgraded to a WR that had 30-550-3 does that mean we shouldn't look for an upgrade at WR because one guy we had was beter then the guy we had before? Especially if the 2nd guy we brought in was making over $3.5M?

Just because Seau was an upgrade over Rodgers does NOT mean Seau should not be upgraded. YOu have to look at the big picture. The production does NOT equal the payments, and we are talking about an old man here, he is NOT going to get any better, he is just going to decline more. That is the nature of the beast in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom