sec | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sec

Granted Georgia and even Auburn are having off years but the SEC still has the toughest schedule pound for pound.

PrepDogg said:
Granted Georgia and even Auburn are having off years but the SEC still has the toughest schedule pound for pound.

Georgia is MAYBE having an off year. They have averaged 3.2 loses a season since 1996. This year they have 4 loses. Auburn is playing pretty average to above average. Since the 1996 season, Auburn averages 3.9 loses a season. This year they have 2 so far, so....you do the estimations.

OSUDauby said:
Georgia is MAYBE having an off year. Auburn is playing pretty average to above average. Since the 1996 season, Auburn averages 3.9 loses a season. This year they have 2 so far, so....you do the estimations.

Well an off year by the last 2-3 seasons standard where they were in the National Championship picture pretty late in the season usually until Gerogia lost to Florida at the ****tail party.

PrepDogg said:
Well an off year by the last 2-3 seasons standard where they were in the National Championship picture pretty late in the season usually until Gerogia lost to Florida at the ****tail party.

Oh, I agree that Auburn and Georgia are tough teams regardless of their records, but saying that they are having an off year because of losing 2 games is quite the statement. Most teams losing 2 games a season is a success, just when expectations are so high, we the fans want more!

primetime23 said:
dont some of you think the sec is over-rated big time. every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything, you got fld barley beating vandy and sc, miss st beats alabama , bama hangs with auburn. I can go on and on. I dont see any difference between the acc and sec. two divisions where any team can beat any team. Ill admit the sec is better than the acc but not by what everyone is saying and on top of that everyone is talking about how **** the acc is. Ill say the big ten is the strongest div. you got osu,mich,wisc as very strong teams that not only win most of the time but they win big most of the time

Maybe that tells you just how good the SEC is. Instead of having a few top heavy teams that roll against the bottom feeders, any team can beat any other team in the SEC. That's why it's almost impossible to go undefeated in the conference. The talent and speed is also one of the best, especially on defense. Like Urban Meyer learned his first year, the SEC is too fast for the spread.

Yes the SEC is completely over-rated on this board and in the south. The rest of the country however, knows that all of these people are delusional. I just spoke with them on the phone and they told me.

FinSinceBirth said:
Maybe that tells you just how good the SEC is. Instead of having a few top heavy teams that roll against the bottom feeders, any team can beat any other team in the SEC. That's why it's almost impossible to go undefeated in the conference. The talent and speed is also one of the best, especially on defense. Like Urban Meyer learned his first year, the SEC is too fast for the spread.

Here my knock on the SEC thing. Yes I do believe they are the best conference from top to bottom. You just said any team can beat any other team in the SEC so pretty much the competition is pretty close. Well how can we as fan measure how good a SEC team is if the only "real competition" they face is themselves. Granted you have Ark and Tenn that played 2 very good teams. But I would like the SEC to play ND, Texas, Ohio State, Mich. instead of Buffalo, Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, Tulanne. Why dont they face tougher competition outside their conference? and dont tell me because they have the toughest conf that they dont have to. Nobody in conference plays anyone good. I believe if your have faith in your program you schedule tougher games then the ones I mentioned above.

Kirk Herbstriet the other day brought up this exact point on a radio show. He said if Florida gets passed over by another 1 loss team (USC, ND, Mich...etc)its because the SEC is overrated this year. And because Florida didn't play 1 tough team out of the conference.

So, whether you agree or disagree with the original post in this thread. It isn't the worst opinion to have and definitly worth debating.

primetime23 said:
every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything

Let me get this straight....its easier to go undefeated in a tougher confrence? ??

the sec is the toughest division

any team at anytime can beat eachother that is why the sec gets looked over in the bs polls

how many teams could beat
florida
lsu
arkansas
alabama
tennessee
georgia
auburn
south carolina
vanderbilt

and come out of that undefeated? florida almost did it they lost to auburn on a very controversial call, media people were ripping the replay officials

i mean osu and michigan had there scares and rebounded but if they were playing lsu or georgia would they have rebounded as easy?

Back
Top Bottom