sec | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sec

brandon1986 said:
the sec is the toughest division

any team at anytime can beat eachother that is why the sec gets looked over in the bs polls

how many teams could beat
florida
lsu
arkansas
alabama
tennessee
georgia
auburn
south carolina
vanderbilt

and come out of that undefeated? florida almost did it they lost to auburn on a very controversial call, media people were ripping the replay officials

i mean osu and michigan had there scares and rebounded but if they were playing lsu or georgia would they have rebounded as easy?

It's no use.

We've tried to knock some sense into these people.

Folks like Stacks on the West Coast think that California is the best at everything, no matter what the circumstance.

I'd LOVE to see USC play a constant SEC schedule. They wouldn't survive. They just wouldn't.

...and Oregon State does NOT play in the SEC.

DolphinDevil28 said:
It's no use.

We've tried to knock some sense into these people.

Folks like Stacks on the West Coast think that California is the best at everything, no matter what the circumstance.

I'd LOVE to see USC play a constant SEC schedule. They wouldn't survive. They just wouldn't.

...and Oregon State does NOT play in the SEC.

Did you watch tonight game. Dominating performance offense, defense, and special teams. The entire team is made up of Sophomore and Juniors. The freshmans that are waiting in the wing are better players then the starters on the field. USC will run the table in SEC. Sorry you must be blind to think that UF, LSU and Auburn are better then USC now and/or in the future.

Amars said:
Did you watch tonight game. Dominating performance offense, defense, and special teams. The entire team is made up of Sophomore and Juniors. The freshmans that are waiting in the wing are better players then the starters on the field. USC will run the table in SEC. Sorry you must be blind to think that UF, LSU and Auburn are better then USC now and/or in the future.

USC can't even run the table with Oregon State on the schedule

SECfootball said:

yea, and people complain about florida playing close games. look at USC's mid-season wins. all by <10 pts to sub-par teams.

I dont get the way some people here are thinking

Why would they schedule hard out of conference games when their conference schedule is already so brutal?

Amars said:
Yeah they beat an overrated ND team, not impressed. They'll get blown out by OSU. They can't run the table in the weak Pac-10 what makes you think they could in a real conference like the SEC. Zero chance they would. And FYI they aren't the only school that knows how to recruit.

SECfootball said:

Look what they do when they play the best team in football. If the SEC has all these good team USC will kill them.

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
yea, and people complain about florida playing close games. look at USC's mid-season wins. all by <10 pts to sub-par teams.

When the most is on the line USC shows up and plays their best football.

Alex44 said:
I dont get the way some people here are thinking

Why would they schedule hard out of conference games when their conference schedule is already so brutal?

How good is the SEC? Really only good team they play are themselves. I agree from top to bottom they are the best but they aint brutal to play. Other tennesse and arkansas who played cal and usc they really havent played anyone outside of their conference. You want to know why they should schedule hard out of conference games is because if your the best then you should prove it. You should win if you want to compete for a national championship. Playing teams like buffalo and western carolina and tulane should automatically disqualify from playing the national championship. Also there is no guarantee when the they make the schedule 4yrs down the line that the SEC is going to be a good conference. That can easily change.

Motion said:
Yeah they beat an overrated ND team, not impressed. They'll get blown out by OSU. They can't run the table in the weak Pac-10 what makes you think they could in a real conference like the SEC. Zero chance they would. And FYI they aren't the only school that knows how to recruit.

Blown out. Bitter are we. They lost by 2pt at their house without Jarret. Did you see how important Jarret is to this offense. 3TD last night. I never said anything about recruiting but I believe Carrol is one of the top recruiters that why USC is going to compete for a NC every this decade.

Amars said:
How good is the SEC? Really only good team they play are themselves. I agree from top to bottom they are the best but they aint brutal to play. Other tennesse and arkansas who played cal and usc they really havent played anyone outside of their conference. You want to know why they should schedule hard out of conference games is because if your the best then you should prove it. You should win if you want to compete for a national championship. Playing teams like buffalo and western carolina and tulane should automatically disqualify from playing the national championship. Also there is no guarantee when the they make the schedule 4yrs down the line that the SEC is going to be a good conference. That can easily change.

So what do you have to say about 1-10 Stanford? Just because they are part of your weak confrence its ok to play them right? What does scheduling tough out of confrence games have to do with having the most elite confrence in college football? The fact is if USC was part of the SEC you would not be playing for the national championship.

I guess its okay to lose to a pathetic Oregon State team because you got to play an overated ND team late in the year?

IMO if you lose to an unranked team, it speaks volumes in itself.

Phinz420 said:
So what do you have to say about 1-10 Stanford? Just because they are part of your weak confrence its ok to play them right? What does scheduling tough out of confrence games have to do with having the most elite confrence in college football? The fact is if USC was part of the SEC you would not be playing for the national championship.

I guess its okay to lose to a pathetic Oregon State team because you got to play an overated ND team late in the year?

IMO if you lose to an unranked team, it speaks volumes in itself.

Call it what you want but not only beating but pretty much destroying 2 top 10 teams and 2 more top 25 speaks more volume then a loss at oregon state by 2pts without their studs WR. The Voters seems to think so too. Just look what has happen when USC plays a SEC team. USC WINS. As for stanford, USC has to play them regardless if they are good or not so who cares.

Againt Ranked teams
USC 50 - Ark 14
USC 28 - Neb 10
USC 23 - 9 Cal
USC 44 - 24 ND

USC 142 - 57 for top 25 ranked team.

When their against the toughest opponent the beat them easily.

Amars said:
Call it what you want but not only beating but pretty much destroying 2 top 10 teams and 2 more top 25 speaks more volume then a loss at oregon state by 2pts without their studs WR. The Voters seems to think so too. Just look what has happen when USC plays a SEC team. USC WINS. As for stanford, USC has to play them regardless if they are good or not so who cares.

Againt Ranked teams
USC 50 - Ark 14
USC 28 - Neb 10
USC 23 - 9 Cal
USC 44 - 24 ND

USC 142 - 57 for top 25 ranked team.

When their against the toughest opponent the beat them easily.

Kind of sad when the best ranked team you played was Arkansas, a SEC team who is only going to be playing for SEC championship because they are in the easier side of the SEC.

The fact is there is nobody to challenge USC in your confrence. While year after year UF is fighting tooth and nail against tough SEC opponents. If the toughest team you play all year is Arkansas(even if you destroy them), and you lose to Oregon State, IMO it shows that USC is not as dominant as they would like to think they are.

Oh and as for the voters, we dont need to even get into that. The "voters" have made some BS decisions in years past, but Im sure you feel that Auburn didnt deserve a shot at the National Title either right?

Back
Top Bottom