Senior Bowl Day 3 tweets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Day 3 tweets

What's that, like an entire 2 TDs? He wasn't that good in college, wasn't that productive, was not asked to do much, while I enjoy your posts and perspective you are greatly overrating Coates college career. It was a successful day for him if he secured more than 2 receptions on 5-6 targets.

Yeah, he's crazy athletic, cool, that makes him a 2nd rnd pick at best IMO. He was at Auburn for 3 years and still can't do anything but a "go" route, sometimes being raw should serve as more of a warning than a strength.

More like 7 TD receptions when they were behind or tied. He has more receiving TD's in his 3 years than Odell Beckham had at LSU in his 3 years. You do realize Coates has been playing with a defensive back throwing him the football?

They only throw it about 20 times a game to begin with. Let me ask you something... does this look like a go route to you?

sammiecoatesusessomemusclesagainsttamude-1.gif

That DB he body slammed with one arm is De'Vante Harris by the way. He's one of my top 20 Senior CB's for the 2016 class.

No offense, but a players stats and where they ranked on there team mean very little to me. None of those stats are impressive anyway.

I'm not even a White Fan, but he was a better player week in and week out, attacked all levels of the field, and had the offense run through him. Coates can't say any of those things.

This argument is silly...you've not even seen Coates play.

Coates is only raw in terms of routes because he's not really familiar with an entire route tree. It's not made available to him in Auburn's offense. But what he does is consistently beat DB's early in the few routes that he does run. That's what you want to see. The outside receivers in Malzahn's offense only run hitches and vertical routes.

He ran a few newer routes this year, which were some in breaking routes towards the middle of the field and this is where he really struggled with drops and catching the football. He wasn't comfortable with it... he was thinking instead of playing.

However, despite his unfamiliarity with route concepts, he's not raw in terms of football IQ, or doing the little things. If you watch him on those vertical routes, he beats the DB early in the route by getting his hips even. Secondly, he tracks the ball extremely well with his eyes while blazing downfield. Lastly, he waits until the last second to put his hands up. You see a lot of receivers give the ball away in this situation by putting their hands up too early.... Coates doesn't.

Defenses already know what's coming with Sammy Coates. There's no mystery in it. Stopping him is a different story. He's afforded man coverage because defenses are focused on stopping Malzahn and Auburn's running game.

He may need some time to develope his feel and timing for unfamiliar routes. But he's such a physical freak that if you'll just get the ball in his hands and not over complicate it the way a lot of NFL coaches like to do, he'll make plays for you that only the physical freak receivers in the NFL can make.

Slimm,

DeVante Parker or Sammie Coates?

I'm taking Coates. Think about how raw at route running Demaryius Thomas was coming out of Georgia Tech. It was the same thing back then.... endless posts about how all he did was run streaks down the field.

It sounds simplistic, but the fact is you can't coach talent. Sammie Coates is essentially a 6'2", 215 pound ball freak of nature with 4.3 speed waiting to explode. All he needs is a little time. Furthermore, he's a natural born competitor. He's going to go out and leave it all on the field for his football team... a lot like Jarvis Landry does. Except with freakish physical talent.

I'm taking Coates. Think about how raw at route running Demaryius Thomas was coming out of Georgia Tech. It was the same thing back then.... endless posts about how all he did was run streaks down the field.

It sounds simplistic, but the fact is you can't coach talent. Sammie Coates is essentially a 6'2", 215 pound ball freak of nature with 4.3 speed waiting to explode. All he needs is a little time. Furthermore, he's a natural born competitor. He's going to go out and leave it all on the field for his football team... a lot like Jarvis Landry does. Except with freakish physical talent.
That's funny. I was thinking Coates is a similar player to Thomas and I don't know if you remember when we were on Scout.com and I was banging the table for Demaryius Thomas while hoops thought he was too raw a player to take at #12 in the draft that year. Hoops wanted Dez Bryant though.

Coates is built and moves exactly like Terrell Owens. Especially with those long arms. The way their bodies are shaped and cut is almost identical in terms of their muscular development at equal stages. They share a unique feature with an inward arched lower back and protruding muscular upper back and shoulders. Their bodies from the shoulders to waist almost make a backwards "S" from the side. Elite athletes have this unique shape. Ironically, they're both from south Alabama and their hometowns are only about 100 miles apart as the crow flies.

Coates is built and moves exactly like Terrell Owens. Especially with those long arms. The way their bodies are shaped and cut is almost identical in terms of their muscular development at equal stages. They share a unique feature with an inward arched lower back and protruding muscular upper back and shoulders. Their bodies from the shoulders to waist almost make a backwards "S" from the side. Elite athletes have this unique shape. Ironically, they're both from south Alabama and their hometowns are only about 100 miles apart as the crow flies.

Any nuclear power plants in that area lol.

Yeah but I don't think that's it. I've worked in nuclear plants for the past 22 years and I've yet to develope that unique feature or athleticism. I do think I'm getting faster though...

Yeah 6'2 215 44 inch vertical.. Sign me up. If you graded him on flashes he's an All-Pro. I've got some heat for preferring Coates to Parker but like you said you can't coach talent. Parker is very talented himself but Sammie has the higher ceiling. For sure.

Yeah but I don't think that's it. I've worked in nuclear plants for the past 22 years and I've yet to develope that unique feature or athleticism. I do think I'm getting faster though...
Didn't know you were a "nuke". I was in the Navy for 9 years in the Nuclear Power Program. Served on subs.

Yeah 6'2 215 44 inch vertical.. Sign me up. If you graded him on flashes he's an All-Pro. I've got some heat for preferring Coates to Parker but like you said you can't coach talent. Parker is very talented himself but Sammie has the higher ceiling. For sure.
He's got a 44" vert to go along with those long arms too? He's basically like a 6'6" receiver.

Coates has a physicality that DeVante doesn't and he's going to be faster. I suspect Parker will run somewhere in the 4.5s at the combine.

More like 7 TD receptions when they were behind or tied. He has more receiving TD's in his 3 years than Odell Beckham had at LSU in his 3 years. You do realize Coates has been playing with a defensive back throwing him the football?

They only throw it about 20 times a game to begin with. Let me ask you something... does this look like a go route to you?

sammiecoatesusessomemusclesagainsttamude-1.gif

That DB he body slammed with one arm is De'Vante Harris by the way. He's one of my top 20 Senior CB's for the 2016 class.

Let's stop trying to make it sound like Coates has impressive college stats, ginn had more TDs in college than him, it means nothing.

Coates was not a highly productive player, it's really not debatable, he had long stretches in every game, where he did nothing, and you can pull up any game tape you want pretty much, you won't see many routes, but you will see a lot of dropped balls, and mistakes tracking the ball.

If were talking deep threat WRs Devin Smith is FAR ahead of him, but we still give him the one trick pony and call him raw, if Smith is raw Coates is incredibly raw.

No one is debating how athletic he is, but judge him purely as a football player he's a stronger Justin Hunter right now, that's it. Coates get a nod above Hunter, but I hated hunter as a prospect.

They also said the same thing about Stephan Hill, and they were right.

Not all of them become the next Thomas.

They also said the same thing about Stephan Hill, and they were right.

Not all of them become the next Thomas.

I never said that about Stephen Hill...I laughed when the Jets took him.

Back
Top Bottom