SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

VJ1252 said:
You waay overrate the Lakers role players. Derek Fishers playmaking ability??? Are you talking about passing it to Shaq or when you give it to Kobe and get out of the way? Jason Kidd has playmaking ability, Fisher is just a point guard who has a decent(not great) outside shot, cant play D, and knows to give the ball to shaq. Robert Horry is known for making clutch shots but the fact is he missed some too like 2 years ago against SA. And last year with the Spurs he had a terrible 3PT % in the playoffs. Who was the lakers backup center? Slave Medvedenko?:roflmao:

Medevedenko is more proven than Wang. Fisher is a GREAT three point shooter and a guy you want on the floor late in games when a big shot is needed ( See: SA series ) His D lacked some but he was a master at taking charges and creating turnovers. He played more like a SG than a PG because Kobe generally made the intial drive and dish ( or sometimes shot) While Fisher sat outside and took set shots, and made them.

Horry was unique because of his ability to "flip the switch" in the playoffs. He played good defense and again, provided a bunch of intangibles. But ocme playoff time, he knew he had to step his game up even more and made countless clutch shots for L.A. When he quit doing that, they let him go. Fox was a tenacious defender who would get steals, poke balls lose, make whoever he was defending make mistakes. They often times would end up traveling or throwing the ball away. He also had big shot ability, although his were overshadowed by the likes of Horry, Fisher and Kobe.

The main point you are missing is this. Both Fox and Horry came form situations where they were more of a focla point in the offense. Perhaps not the MAIN point, but they had a bigger role in scoring (especially Fox in Boston), when they came here, they had to sacrifice their scoring and alter their game to accomodate the big man. They settled into their roles and did an outstanding job in those roles, without constant whining.

Eddie Jones is a scorer, he likes to shoot and defend. Wade is going to be a scorer. SHAQ is now your main scorer. I believe Wade will benefit in the short term having Shaq around. Eddie and the others? It is going to be tough to really say. They will have to alter their games somewhat, learn to play without the ball and get used to not having a shot for perhaps an entire quarter as the ball keeps going into Shaq. Then, after a lot of standing around, they might be put in a spot where they need to hit a game tieing three while haivng not shot in minutes or quarters. Do you think they can do that? It is a lot harder than you think. That is what made the Laker role players so good. The ability to step up and bang it home while haivng limited shots.

Some palyers when they don't get shots, disappear in the game, don't play defense and take themselves out of the game mentally. Shaq is one of those players. I hope your role players aren't. I think Jones will be fine, but your other guys I don't know enough about to say that.

Now thats Shaq is in Miami the FA'S will be flocking down there.

Doleac has agreed to sign with the heat.

Denver's first subtraction of the summer came Monday night when center Michael Doleac agreed to a four-year, guaranteed deal with the Miami Heat.

"We were always hoping Denver would work out, but with the other stuff they're working on, it went down to New Orleans and Miami," agent Glenn Schwartzman said.

Doleac, claimed off waivers in February, averaged 3.6 points and 2.9 rebounds in 26 games with Denver.

"We understand," Fredman said. "He did a terrific job for us in the time he was here. Guys like that you just wish them well."

Doleac is a stud!! :lol:

ESPN just said there is potential snag in shaq trade. They havent said what it is yet.

The first paragraph is just based on what I know for a fact(similar to what Stephen A. Smith said, but he was too stupid to estimate 15% of $55m, so the idiot said it would add between $5 million & $10 million), but the rest are opinions..

Odom's contract has a "trade kicker" in it, which adds about 15% of the $55 million left on his contract throughout the next 5-years. That adds about $8.3 million onto his contract, and from what a few insiders have said...is that this has to be frontloaded onto his current deal. If Lamar isn't traded, the $8.3 million isn't added. If he is, which he likely will be, the $8.3 million is added. More could be added because of that $13 million bonus left on LO's contract, but it definately cannot be less than $8 million.

This could be a problem for a team like the Lakers who currently don't have a center, and there aren't many left(they don't have what it takes to acquire Erick Dampier in a s&t right now, and their team sources confirmed yesterday that there is no interest). What this would cause is trouble in the upcoming years when trying to acquire a center.

Guess what? This is all a bunch of bullsh*t. Even I knew about Odom's trade kicker. Everybody at RealGM, BBallBoards.net, Espn's boards, and LakersTalk knew about the trade kicker from last week. You're telling me that after analyzing this deal for the past 72 hours, the Lakers team officials had no idea about this, and it's one of the most obvious clauses in his contract? That's bullsh*t. I believe this trade is being held up because the Clippers may be edging in on Kobe. Last night, the Clippers sent Eddie House & Melvin Ely to the Bobcats for a future 2nd round pick to clear up enough space to be able to offer Kobe more money. They wouldn't do that if there wasn't atleast a 40-50% chance he'd sign there.

The thing is, without Kobe re-signing with the Lakers...I don't see them doing this deal, which hasn't been officially finalized. The Lakers would then have holes at SG & Center...as well as potentially PG, if Payton forces a buyout. There isn't much left out there in free agency, and neither Caron Butler or Lamar Odom can play the 2 for more than limited minutes. I'd guess that Kareem Rush would start, but there still would be holes at 2 spots. I would not start Lamar Odom at the 4 in the West to begin with, and Brian Grant isn't even a true center in the East, so he's going to get killed out there in the West.

This trade doesn't make sense for the Lakers to begin with. They now have Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Devean George(who is injured but will be back), and Rick Fox at SF. Talk about a log jam..:rolleyes:

ChambersOwnz84 said:
The first paragraph is just based on what I know for a fact(similar to what Stephen A. Smith said, but he was too stupid to estimate 15% of $55m, so the idiot said it would add between $5 million & $10 million), but the rest are opinions..

Odom's contract has a "trade kicker" in it, which adds about 15% of the $55 million left on his contract throughout the next 5-years. That adds about $8.3 million onto his contract, and from what a few insiders have said...is that this has to be frontloaded onto his current deal. If Lamar isn't traded, the $8.3 million isn't added. If he is, which he likely will be, the $8.3 million is added. More could be added because of that $13 million bonus left on LO's contract, but it definately cannot be less than $8 million.

This could be a problem for a team like the Lakers who currently don't have a center, and there aren't many left(they don't have what it takes to acquire Erick Dampier in a s&t right now, and their team sources confirmed yesterday that there is no interest). What this would cause is trouble in the upcoming years when trying to acquire a center.

Guess what? This is all a bunch of bullsh*t. Even I knew about Odom's trade kicker. Everybody at RealGM, BBallBoards.net, Espn's boards, and LakersTalk knew about the trade kicker from last week. You're telling me that after analyzing this deal for the past 72 hours, the Lakers team officials had no idea about this, and it's one of the most obvious clauses in his contract? That's bullsh*t. I believe this trade is being held up because the Clippers may be edging in on Kobe. Last night, the Clippers sent Eddie House & Melvin Ely to the Bobcats for a future 2nd round pick to clear up enough space to be able to offer Kobe more money. They wouldn't do that if there wasn't atleast a 40-50% chance he'd sign there.

The thing is, without Kobe re-signing with the Lakers...I don't see them doing this deal, which hasn't been officially finalized. The Lakers would then have holes at SG & Center...as well as potentially PG, if Payton forces a buyout. There isn't much left out there in free agency, and neither Caron Butler or Lamar Odom can play the 2 for more than limited minutes. I'd guess that Kareem Rush would start, but there still would be holes at 2 spots. I would not start Lamar Odom at the 4 in the West to begin with, and Brian Grant isn't even a true center in the East, so he's going to get killed out there in the West.

This trade doesn't make sense for the Lakers to begin with. They now have Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Devean George(who is injured but will be back), and Rick Fox at SF. Talk about a log jam..:rolleyes:

Yeah but Fox is most likely retiring and George is most likely going to be traded or see his playing time cut drastically.

ESPNews just reported it as OFFICAL. Shaq is a MIAMI HEAT player. Congrats to you guys and good luck!

Terry...I know that Odom played PF for us this year....but I said that Shaq is Odom's replacement as in "scorer"....It is rather lopsided......Odom at best is a 20 point a game scorer.....Shaq will average at least 25.....if not more this season.....

We robbed the Lakers........

I never said Malone, I said Fox. Malone is a free agent and will most likely retire, or follow the Big Feller to Miami.

You have the two mixed up. Malone has become good friends with Kobe & will most likely be back with the Lakers. They could really use a healthy Malone for his defense & rebounding. Grant-Malone-Odom-Kobe-Payton with Butler, Walton, & Rush coming off the bench could still contend. A Grant for Dampier trade is advisable.

Fox is the one that's most likely retiring.

Back
Top Bottom