SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

t2thejz said:
I dont like that just because I hate Shaq but it will make the Heat a better team. I dont know about the long run but if they get Shaq they will need some players to come off the bench and then they could make a run for the trophey. It would be interesting to see a dominating center in the east.

I'm with you. It would kill me b/c I hate Shaq, but there is no doubt the Heat will be a better team.

minus said:
2-3 years

Wright will be a force!
He will be a force, that's for sure. I'm just saying that Riley is probably thinking that if they get Shaq, they will win for the next 2-3 years. I agree with this trade on some levels. I think giving up Odom AND Butler is a bit much though. They're both young, talented players. I think if there's a way to keep Odom, that would be best. And I'm sure everyone else feels the same way. I understand they're desire to win now, that's what every team wants, but Wright could very easily be one of the top players in the league in a few years. He's already showing his potential by scoring 30 points in his first game with other pros. A trio of Wade, Wright, and Odom would be dominant for more than 3 years.

Jeez, what's in it for the Lakers? I'll disown them if they make this trade, I'll probably become a Clipper fan.. Obviously the Heat won't give up Wade, but they gotta throw in Butler if it's gonna happen IMO. Grant+Odom+Butler for Shaq is a bit more fair. It may seem like a lot to give up for you Heat fans, but try to look at it from a Lakers fan point of view. We want the whole farm if we're gonna give up Shaq.

Frankly, I'd rather not trade him at all. I dare him to sit out, I don't think he'll leave $30mill on the table.

heat gonna get shaq?

odum and grant and a first round pick for shaq this off west palm beach 12 news

has nothing to do with the dolphins hope you guys dont mind. any heat fans in the house?

I'm all for it. I say get him the F out of the western conference. (I'm a Rockets fan) As long as he stays away from Dallas and Sacremento, I don't care where he goes.

LIQUID24 said:
Frankly, I'd rather not trade him at all. I dare him to sit out, I don't think he'll leave $30mill on the table.
Some how I don't think it would break Shaq to walk away from 30 mil. He's man enough to walk away and prove his point.

TerryTate said:
WRONG, NO way does Odom sit on the Laker bench behind a diminished KArl Malone....

Agreed, I think hell probably retire...

AggieFin21 said:
Some how I don't think it would break Shaq to walk away from 30 mil. He's man enough to walk away and prove his point.
That's a helluva lotta money to walk away from, even for someone as rich as him. But yeah, he can afford to walk away if he wants. I just hope Rudy T. can convince him to stay.

Caron Butler is NOT in the deal.

Go to RealGM...the latest is Odom, Grant, and 2 1sts...same thing on Channel 7 News.

catapano said:
odum and grant and a first round pick for shaq this off west palm beach 12 news

has nothing to do with the dolphins hope you guys dont mind. any heat fans in the house?

Yeah, same thing from ESPN.

Nobody has Caron in the deal other than message board rumors and unreliable sources.

VERY interesting numbers for you Lakers fans claiming you're not "getting enough" with just Lamar Odom, a filler(Grant), and some low picks. Let's be fair and say after playing the point-forward for all of his career, Odom took until the middle of December to adjust to playing the 4.

His numbers from December-April(65 games)???

21.2 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 4.3 APG

Those numbers are better than Jermaine O'Neal's.

The question I have is....If we make the trade, how many MORE games does everyone think we can win? And is that enough to break up the young trio?

Three teams in the mix for the Shaq are the Heat, Pacers and Mavericks.

Which of the three has the best chance?

Last season all we needed was that big man in the middle. To learn that we may get the biggest bad as* on the block rocks! I bet you that if Shaq becomes a Heater that Riley will change hats and be our coach again.

If this deal happens, we will dominate the East and go deep into the playoffs- if not the Finals! Yeeessssssss!!!!!!

_

as long as we don't trade Wade, but I also would hate to lose Odom, I wish we could somehow trade Grant, Jones and either Butler or a draft pick for Shaq

I agree, I'd rather trade Butler. Maybe because I've never seen him while he was playing well. But Odom is just so dynamic. I'd love to keep him and possibly move him back to the 3. Ah, just wishful thinking.

Sucks that we're gonna lose Rafer Alston though.

Muck said:
I'd HATE to lose Odom. And it would be sad to break up that young trio. They're fun to watch and root for. But for SHAQ, even at 32, you gotta do it.

On a side note, could you imagine this kind of deal happening in the NFL?? :lol:
Exactly. WQAM wakes me up in the morning, and I thought I was dreaming when I heard it. This is HUGE. It would be like hearing that the Ravens traded Jonathan Ogden (arguably the most dominating LT in the NFL) to the Dolphins for Wade Smith, Seth McKinney, and a 3rd rounder. I say 3rd rounder because a late round 1st in the NBA doesn't count for much these days.

Back
Top Bottom