Shaun Andrews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaun Andrews

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
hiya fellow dolfans .. wow.. it got sooooooooo quiet round here.... thought you guys would be screaming all mighty hell after andrews didn't become a dolphin!! .. i must andmit i was jumpin' for JOY ...when he was drafted by philly ... my dad thought i was nuts !!! maybe i am .. lol !!! but anyway .. sure looks like miami made the right call on carey ... here in ny after the draft peter king was on the radio .. talking shaun andrews and called him a fat slop .. and kinda bashed philly on the trade to get him ... now look the guy is movin to guard (which he never played) ... and is overweight again and is having surgery .. i was one of the few that didn't want andrews... at least with carey he has versatility and can withstand the florida heat.. carey kinda reminds me of a former miami U Olineman leon searcy !!! glad to see that he is doing fine in camp drills.. well anyway... looks like this draft class can make contributions right out of the gate .. bua and pope on special teams .. with carey and pape adding depth and more to the oline ... gotta love the knock-out mentality of pape and carey in the run game ...

Andrews surgery isnt a big deal. Its not like hes having back or knee surgery. The other issues I would worry about, but not the surgery

As soon as they drafted him, I knew he'd be a guard this year. And that's what makes that trade a bad one. Runyan's contract is up after 2005, and Andrews could surely move to RT then. But that still wouldn't make this trade worth it. They could have hung around for Snee or Smiley at 28, then addressed RT later, next year, or the year after if they choose not to keep Runyan.

Not when a dominant RT is on the board midway through the first round.

I don't think anyone can question the Eagles trade up. The Eagles also had many draft picks.

But they already have a dominant RT in Jon Runyan. If they wanted a dominant RG, they could have simply waited for Justin Smiley and kept their 2nd round pick.

That's why I'm curious about their plans for Runyan. He's only 30 and still seems to be at the top of his game.

I think the eagles just have so much talent they don't know what to do. When they first traded up in front of Denver I thought they were going to take Stephen Jackson. That would have made sense

Let them have him we will see who is the better player this year.Dolfanreal69

Andrews could be put at RG or RT. That is more valuable than picking Smiley or Snee when they are STRICTLY guards in the NFL. In Andrews, you have 2 players in one. If Runyan goes down, Andrews moves outside and the level of play is the same.

Andrews is a dominant lineman. He's getting his sinus problems taken care of which should dispell the negative media that floated around him before the draft.

Philly had draft picks to give up and they did by trading up for Andrews.

Lukin said:
I think the eagles just have so much talent they don't know what to do. When they first traded up in front of Denver I thought they were going to take Stephen Jackson. That would have made sense

Yea, thats what I thought they were about to do too....even the ESPN announcers said thats what they saw coming. Philly really threw everybody a major curveball with that pick...whether its the right choice or not idk, but nobody expected it.

FinFan4Life814 said:
Yea, thats what I thought they were about to do too....even the ESPN announcers said thats what they saw coming. Philly really threw everybody a major curveball with that pick...whether its the right choice or not idk, but nobody expected it.

That curve ball is nothing short of genius by the Philly FO. No one knew who they wanted and they got their guy. I applaud the Philly FO for taking Andrews away from Miami.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
That curve ball is nothing short of genius by the Philly FO. No one knew who they wanted and they got their guy. I applaud the Philly FO for taking Andrews away from Miami.

Why would you applaud another team for taking a guy we wanted???? :(

Well, I applaud Philly for the way they did trade up for Shaun Andrews. NO ONE knew what they were trading up for. EVERYONE knew Miami desperately needed a right tackle. They knew what they had to do to get the guy they targeted and got him.

Am I p*ssed because he didn't fall to Miami? Yes, but to get a quality lineman like Shaun Andrews at #20 considering he was touted as a top 8 pick 2 months prior was more than likely a "reality slap" in the face.

dolfan91 said:
carey kinda reminds me of a former miami U Olineman leon searcy !!!
Please don't compare Vernon with Leon. Leon was a monster OL. When he got his hands on the DL he would smother them. One of the best OL to play the game. Hopefully Carey will turn into 90% of Leon someday.

Apparently Philly is concerned with John Runyan's health. That was the deciding factor, and nobody knew about this prior to the draft.

Word out of camp last week was Andrews is the real deal. He really impressed them with speed, power, and footwork for a 345lb guy.

Time will tell

Back
Top Bottom