Shaun Andrews | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaun Andrews

You dont know if Carey will start,but you know he is top talent. Wait till the season starts to second guess.Dolfanreal69

Muck said:
But they already have a dominant RT in Jon Runyan. If they wanted a dominant RG, they could have simply waited for Justin Smiley and kept their 2nd round pick.

That's why I'm curious about their plans for Runyan. He's only 30 and still seems to be at the top of his game.

Smiley is tough, but there are certain players who are both talented (as Andrews is) and have such dominant size that you can't pass it up. Smiley, going at about 300-305 at draft time, cannot be the dominant player that a 6'6, 340-350 lb. player can be.

It seems to me, they have to play the guy and he'll be an incredible force at OG in his first year. Runyan will be let go in the next year or two and Andrews will have the experience of the NFL and it's speed to then move out to RT next year.

In fact, I'd like to see Miami put Carey at RG (since we're pretty deep at RT, especially if McIntosh comes around after 6 weeks). I think Carey would do well against the big DT's in the league and would be an instant starter and upgrade at the position.

dolfanreal69 said:
You dont know if Carey will start,but you know he is top talent.

I'm not convinced that he is a top talent or that he will start. I've watched a lot of Miami football and I can't remember thinking wow that Vernon Carey is a monster.

I hope I'm wrong, but there is nothing about Carey to me that says anything but middle of the road talent. Personally, when Andrews went off the board I would have taken Wilfork.

Muck said:
But they already have a dominant RT in Jon Runyan. If they wanted a dominant RG, they could have simply waited for Justin Smiley and kept their 2nd round pick.

That's why I'm curious about their plans for Runyan. He's only 30 and still seems to be at the top of his game.

The Talk in the Philly media has been that Tra Thomas and not Runyan is on the outs with the team.........I don't think that Runyan is adept at playing LT....I think they drafted Andrews to be a guard.....and nothing else.

Andrews won't replace Tra.

He'll play guard this year, and right tackle next. That's the impression I'm getting from Philly, both media, and front office. Reasons being cited, Runyan's health, and 7 million dollar contract next year.
Throw age in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom