Sherman is the problem | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sherman is the problem

Sherman is not THE problem; to me he's the most responsible person to either fix the problem (quit calling a Brett Favre playbook for a 2nd year QB with a crappy OL and BALANCE the calls) or keep plodding blindly forward into whatever mystical fairyland he's living in where the 65/35 pass/run split actually works for this personnel. The real problem is the clowns that are watching the madness and either agree with it or don't care enough to change it when the playcalls are directly impacting losses.

A Brett Favre playbook would be a lot better, IMO. Bootlegs, play action passes, and lots of snaps taken under center with a back in the backfield... would be a huge improvement over what we've been seeing.

Sherman is not THE problem; to me he's the most responsible person to either fix the problem (quit calling a Brett Favre playbook for a 2nd year QB with a crappy OL and BALANCE the calls) or keep plodding blindly forward into whatever mystical fairyland he's living in where the 65/35 pass/run split actually works for this personnel. The real problem is the clowns that are watching the madness and either agree with it or don't care enough to change it when the playcalls are directly impacting losses.

Well if Sherman is not the problem and he is the most responsible person to fix the problem and he's calling the plays then whats your thinking on who's calling the 65/35 pass/run ratio???

I'm confused.

---------------

In the first 6 games I saw some flashes of calls that looked really good,I saw calls that may have been good calls but looked bad because of the Oline problems and blitz pick up blocking and I saw some really lesser than vanilla play calling that look flat out wrong.

Last week I saw the offense play the first half of the NE game that looked pretty much like what I expected from the phins at week 1.

I am not on the 100 percent hate on Sherman by no means.But if Ryan is and was ignoring the backs Miller/Thomas/Clay escaping out of the back field 2-3 times every game,it lays on the coaches for not correcting that sooner.At least by week 3,not week 7 vs that pats.

Also if Sherman is willing to run a lopsided West coast offense and Philbin isnt sticking his nose in,it falls on him also.

Philbin said last week prior to the New England game that the team was going to get back to basics.Well in the 1st half sundays game it showed.But the coaches let the game get away from what they did and had no answer to New Englands half time adjustments.They were out coached.The bad officiating didnt help.

Also it isnt all the coaches,the players most definitely have an understanding that the team cant run 65/35 ratio.They can speak up. From what I read in an article a month back about Philbin is that he isn't a "My way or the highway" type coach like everyone thinks.He has a suggestion box for players with ideas for the coaches.

This team has to solve it's problems from within and I have no doubt they will.

finfan54 was the first to recognize the real problem. back in shotgun too much. thank you very little. cant misdirect much, show run, or run well consistently from it, and it tells the defense...."there he is again! back in shotgun! Yet another opportunity!"

Look at me! I now have multiple sacks!!!!

Big issues I have with our offensive design:
1. We run well inside. Why don't we run inside more?
2. Shotgun. Too much. Ryan Tannehill is not an elite QB. Don't treat him like one. Awsi and others have been on this FOREVER. And it's concerning.
3. We don't use the middle of the field. Ryan Tannehill and Mike Wallace run outside routes like 90% of the time. Why?
4. Why are the backs rarely used in the passing game?
5. Is there nobody on the offense who can attack the seams with Keller gone?

I think a real problem with this offense is the predictability. We've had two interceptions now where routes got jumped because guys saw it on film and instantly recognized it. I think a lot of players on this offense would benefit from mixing things up a little. Of course, the biggest issue is still EXECUTION. So there's that. I just think Mike Sherman could do more to help struggling players on this offense -- including his QB, who clearly needs some.

Back
Top Bottom