Should Brian Hartline be a No. 1 receiver? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Brian Hartline be a No. 1 receiver?

Seems like the kid has the "want to". If he improves this offseason i don't see why not. I am in no way a WR coach etc. etc., but if he does improve why WOULDN'T he demand double teams?
It could be just hope, of course i AM a dolphins fan, but i would love to see him take the reigns.
gaining a few lbs wouldn't hurt either.

If he could keep from being caught from behind so often. Just not fast enough.

As much as i love Hartline, and his Hustle, he lacks the phisycal tools to be a real no. 1.
not fast enough, not big enough. I do believe he can develop into a great No. 2 WR.

I like what I saw from Hartline last year. Let's see what improvement he makes over the summer, and let him grow into the biggest role he can handle. I don't think he has the gear to be a #1, but McDuffie didn't either and he was money. That wouldn't be a bad outcome for a career--sure handed and always in the right place.

I think the word should be... "Could" Brian Hartline be a number one.

Extrapolate those numbers up to a number one type rep count and you look at 70+ catches and 1240 yards approx..

I think it was in the WR piece that Boomer et al did where they talked about "what is a number one WR"... makes you look at it differently..

I think the Green Bay WR situation that they mention is ultimately what this team is looking for and I do think Hartline could be in the top 2.. Blair White could be a very good counter part

I think the word should be... "Could" Brian Hartline be a number one.

Extrapolate those numbers up to a number one type rep count and you look at 70+ catches and 1240 yards approx..

I think it was in the WR piece that Boomer et al did where they talked about "what is a number one WR"... makes you look at it differently..

I think the Green Bay WR situation that they mention is ultimately what this team is looking for and I do think Hartline could be in the top 2.. Blair White could be a very good counter part

Hartline is neither Jennings or Driver...not even close

As much as i love Hartline, and his Hustle, he lacks the phisycal tools to be a real no. 1.
not fast enough, not big enough. I do believe he can develop into a great No. 2 WR.

He's 6-2 and runs in the low 4.5s in the forty. He's got the same "physical tools" as Michael Crabtree. He doesn't have epoch defining Randy Moss talent, but he's not a Wes Welker clone.

He's 6-2 and runs in the low 4.5s in the forty. He's got the same "physical tools" as Michael Crabtree. He doesn't have epoch defining Randy Moss talent, but he's not a Wes Welker clone.

a little bit more muscle wouldn't hurt though. Again, I'm no Hartline hater, but i don't see him becoming a True No 1 like the mentioned Moss, TO (prime) André Johnson, or Calvin Johnson, just to name a few. Of course he could turn into a steve smith clone :)
Believe me I would be the happiest if Brian proves me wrong. :)

A true #1 HAS to get open when you need him to. I love the kid but he's not there yet.

How about a steve largent clone, not physical, but productive, and Fred Bilenticoft was big either. Sure he can be a Number 1 receiver

not fast enough... not big enough... sounds like the dude in your avatar

Back
Top Bottom