Should Brian Hartline be a No. 1 receiver? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Brian Hartline be a No. 1 receiver?

He can be a borderline #1/#2, but not a TRUE #1 like A.Johnson, Fitz, C. Johnson, B. Marshall, etc...BUT I do like the guy a lot and that Henne endorsed him should help his confidence.

Like I posted in another thread:

Hartline I think is a really good #2 receiver with great instincts, hands, and body control. His performance last year is very underrated!
As for Hartline, like I stated earlier, this kid is going to be a stub. NOT A #1. But definitely a stud. He has good measurable, hands, and body control but the only thing he lacks is burner speed. He even has a sneaky little juke move that proved effective buying him some extra yards. His concentration is amazing because any one other player would have given up on the botched pass vs. Tennessee but no this kid goes from playing offense to defense to back on offense and making the catch in a matter of seconds. Really, hes a great player. WHO KNEW! Because I sure didn't!

At this point right now he can not play #1 in this league because he would probably get shut down if you line him up against the top DBs in the NFL. Who knows in the future if he develops into a superstar but right now he's shredding up the #2 spot.

he's not there yet and i don't think he has the skill set to ever be. i don't see any problem with a 4th rounder becoming a solid #2 though.

I think he can he showed toughness, great hands, also has the speed I saw he ran a 4.53 at the combine, good size 6,2 I think he might take the next step all he needs to experience. I hope I am right.

Whatever -- IMO Hartline is far and away the BEST WR we have on the roster (Bess as slot).

If he's our #1, we're in trouble. Not seeing the WOW actor with this guy, and he's not running away from anyone. Could be a solid #2 or Slot though.

Yup, I think he can be a number one. His rookie season was better than Brandon Marshal's, Chad Ochocinco's, and Reggie Wayne's rookie seasons, and they are all considered number ones now. He seems to have the intelligence, hands, and work ethic to do it.

He's not a number 1 today. I don't see how he's too small or slow, though, and he's definitely quick enough. He's 6'2 and runs in the 4.5's. He'll have to add about 20 lbs to his frame - think he could (not in one off season).

If you consider A. Johnson, R. Moss, and Fitzgerald to be the only true #1's in the NFL, then, no, he'll never be a #1. But, he's smart, has a good ypc, does the little things. He can definitely be a 1,000+ yps WR.

If he's our #1, we're in trouble. Not seeing the WOW factor with this guy, and he's not running away from anyone. Could be a solid #2 or Slot though.
Watch the video I posted then! You know damn well Ginn wouldn't have thought to fight for it like this. The guy is tough, has shown separation, and catches the balls thrown his way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfnIt...eature=related

go to the 3 min mark.

I think he is a excellent #2 and the best deep threat on the Fins right now. He is very scrappy, good size and decent speed. He blocks well and when he is in position for the catch, he makes extra yardage to move the chains or a big play. He was a good find. He is not Andre Johnson or Randy Moss superstar, but he is a excellent receiver.

The kid developed some very good skills last year. He consistently beats the press from number 2 corners. He consistently gets open deep. If Henne had a more accurate deep ball, there would have been another 200 yards in his receiving total. He plays faster than his 4.5 forty time. He plays bigger than his size.

He needs to improve his route running to beat number 2 corners at a 60-70% rate, but he is certainly capable if he improves his routes. This would force most teams into a poor position. If Hartline achieves this win percentage and the corresponding route running improvements, then we will be fine. A receiving corps with an improved Hartline, Bess, and Camarillo will shread most defensive backfields. Yes, I know this will not shread the Jets secondary. It only happens if Hartline reaches this potential. Otherwise, we need an experienced number 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom