Should Dolphins pursue David Harris or Eric Decker? Update: Both are signed, off market | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins pursue David Harris or Eric Decker? Update: Both are signed, off market

I think they both get better deals elsewhere....kind of a Richard move by the Jets to do it now instead of before FA!

I'm all for signing Harris and telling Misi to hit the bricks. Not interested in Decker, he's injury prone and slow. Maclin is intriguing. Miami offense would be hard to stop with Him, Parker, Stills, Landry, and Julius. But I don't know if Maclin wants to be the 3rd or 4th WR here, where he's probably be 1st or 2nd option in Buffalo

The Jets cut Harris because he would not renegotiate his contract.
He's not going to sign with someone else for less money that he got with the Jets.
So he would probably be expensive.

The Jets cut Harris because he would not renegotiate his contract.
He's not going to sign with someone else for less money that he got with the Jets.
So he would probably be expensive.

He may not have a choice now because options are limited, salary cap money is mostly spent....beggars can't be choosers

I would go after Jeremy Maclin before Decker because at least he could return punts. Neither would be willing to sign with with Miami to be a 4th receiver. Both should be able to find better opportunities and more money elsewhere.

As for Harris, on the surface he would be worth a look, but I'm really tired of adding old stop gaps with one or two years left in the tank at best. I would rather wait to see if younger options present themsleves in AUgust.

I am so with you on this, time to draft and groom our home grown product and KEEP them. I am not against taking a free agent here or there but...enough is enough. Lets take our time and build for the future with younger players.

Neither player will produce at the level they will cost. Not here. There are other teams that have a bigger need at those positions than we do.

There was a time in the not so distant past where both could be used. Glad those days are over because I'm pretty meh on both those guys ... even when they were in their primes.

Decker was so beat up- remember last season he had shoulder and hip injuries and surgery? and he is older- Not sure what big market he has left and I doubt the Dolphins have any interest.

Harris maybe earlier if he was out there- he decided to resign with the Jets when we supposedly had interest before-guess he made the wrong decision.

Just....wait a minute.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The current Miami Dolphins LB are:

Alonso
Timmons
McMillan (R)
Misi (He's only MOSTLY dead.)
Neville Hewitt
Mike Hull
Trevor Reilly
Brandon Watts
Lamin Barrow
Deon Lacey
Chase Allen

I'll take Harris as part of my rotation any day. You want to solidify your run defense? You want a 2-down LB? Harris is your guy.

He can't play worth a lick vs. the pass (and neither can most of the people on that list), but you want someone as a run stopper in a wide-9? Kick the tires.

Just....wait a minute.

Alonso
Timmons
McMillan (R)
Neville Hewitt
Mike Hull
Trevor Reilly
Brandon Watts
Lamin Barrow
Deon Lacey
Chase Allen

I'll take Harris as part of my rotation any day. You want to solidify your run defense? You want a 2-down LB? Harris is your guy.

He can't play worth a lick vs. the pass (and neither can most of the people on that list), but you want someone as a run stopper in a wide-9? Kick the tires.

Looking at this group it would sure look better with a solid 4th backer. Sure hoping that MSI and some of these backups can surprise in preason. Didn't realize Paysinger was gone but OK with that.

Looking at this group it would sure look better with a solid 4th backer. Sure hoping that MSI and some of these backups can surprise in preason. Didn't realize Paysinger was gone but OK with that.

Yeah, I think I missed Paysinger.

Just....wait a minute.

Alonso
Timmons
McMillan (R)
Neville Hewitt
Mike Hull
Trevor Reilly
Brandon Watts
Lamin Barrow
Deon Lacey
Chase Allen

Thumbs up for the Miracle Max reference.

Concerning Harris, I would think he is seeking a starting gig somewhere and not looking to compete with a unit that has three solid starters and Alonso.

Concerning Harris, I would think he is seeking a starting gig somewhere and not looking to compete with a unit that has three solid starters and Alonso.

It's hard to say. Again...it can't hurt to ask.

Agree, nor do I think we would pay him accordingly after the money we already committed to Timmons. We were trying to get Brown on a low deal so that says where their mind is at to me.

images

Decker, where have I heard that name before?

images

images

Decker..Decker... DECKER!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom