Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz?

Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz?

• No, Victor isn't worth the price.

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Yeah, even with Wallace, Phins must add talent.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Only is Miami can't hire Wallace or Jennings.

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know that once team announce Mike Wallace as new player for Miami Dolphins, this is going to sound too expensive for a single spot, but I assume the team has a unique chance to improve.

Victor Cruz could be available for a less expensive charge as there are two ways to make it smoother.

1) Acquire Giants' own first round pick. Using a trade value chart, we can calculate the picks required to compensate a trade.
As Giants own the 19th pick of the draft, a fair trade would force Dolphins to use both 2nd round picks (43rd & 56th) plus a 4th round in 2014 for such spot.
With that in mind, NY Giants get their own 19th pick as compensation for Victor Cruz.
Resuming the real cost of the trade for the salsa-dancing receiver is a pair of 2nd round picks in 2013 plus a 2014 4th round.

2) Trading down from 12th spot.
Dolphins 1st & 4th round picks are worth of exchanging Giants 1st & 2nd round picks.
Then a trade where Giants get Dolphins' 1st & 4th round pick in exchange of Victor Cruz plus Giants' 2nd round pick is a fair swap.

Cruz is a restricted free agent and cannot be traded until he signs a contract. The Giants gave him a 1st round tender so he can be had without a trade.

I have a sneaking feeling we're going to land him in the RFA process. Or maybe I just hope we do. We'll essentially give them our first-rounder for him, and sign him to a big contract

So...we're going to give a 1st round, #12 overall pick for Victor Cruz and a huge contract? Gosh, this FA period can't be over fast enough!

Why give up a millions AND a first round pick for Cruz when we can have Wallace without having to give up our top pick? :idk:

Not giving up the #12 pick for a glorified slot receiver ..cruz is a playmaker but the giants have been a well oiled machine and have plugged in some other players and still have been trucking alot...Miami is not going after cruz...I could see a team with a late rounder and cap space going after him...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

I need to know the details of the trade.

Cruz is a restricted free agent and cannot be traded until he signs a contract. The Giants gave him a 1st round tender so he can be had without a trade.

I thing that's wrong. Cruz is a RFA that means NY Giants own developing rights for him, so a team willing to own the rights to sign him must pay the tender price. In this case, whoever wants him must give up a 1st round pick.

Normally the player must agree to some contract before the trade is officially announced, but in essence Miami could use 12th pick, acquire Giants' own pick or trade down with Giants and start negotiations with Victor Cruz.

I thing that's wrong. Cruz is a RFA that means NY Giants own developing rights for him, so a team willing to own the rights to sign him must pay the tender price. In this case, whoever wants him must give up a 1st round pick.

Normally the player must agree to some contract before the trade is officially announced, but in essence Miami could use 12th pick, acquire Giants' own pick or trade down with Giants and start negotiations with Victor Cruz.

Developing rights? If you mean the right of first refusal should Cruz signs with another team, then yes. As a RFA, Cruz is free to negotiate with any team he wants to. This means he is not presently under contract with the Giants.

1) Acquire Giants' own first round pick. Using a trade value chart, we can calculate the picks required to compensate a trade.
As Giants own the 19th pick of the draft, a fair trade would force Dolphins to use both 2nd round picks (43rd & 56th) plus a 4th round in 2014 for such spot.
With that in mind, NY Giants get their own 19th pick as compensation for Victor Cruz.

When a player is tender like Cruz, you have to give up your 1st round pick as compensation. So there is no way around giving up the #12. You can't use their 19th pick as compensation for Criz.

On SportsCenter Tuesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned the Rams and Vikings as "the two teams that would be poised" to make restricted free agent Victor Cruz an offer sheet.
Schefter acknowledged, however, that the Rams "don't sound particularly interested." He sounded more optimistic about the Vikings' chances, but Minnesota is "expected to make contact with Greg Jennings" in unrestricted free agency before tapping into the restricted market. The Vikings are also "perhaps" expected to talk to Danny Amendola. "In an ideal world," Schefter conceded, neither St. Louis nor Minnesota would surrender the first-round pick and large contract it would take to land Cruz.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/257603/chat-between-nix-and-dominik-secretely-taped

Voted no. Spend the cap money on the best offensive play makers (WR,TE) we can get in FA and keep all the picks. Upgrade the offense immediately and build for the future through the draft at the same time. I love Cruz and it would be tempting but they need to keep that pick.

We don't need that mother****ing clown doing the harlem shake and **** every time he scores a goddamn TD. Let him rot in the sewage that is New York City.

Back
Top Bottom