Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz?

Should Dolphins trade for Victor Cruz?

• No, Victor isn't worth the price.

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Yeah, even with Wallace, Phins must add talent.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Only is Miami can't hire Wallace or Jennings.

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
Would not give up a first round pick for Victor Cruz. I am still on the Mike Wallace bandwagon.

Surprisingly, NE has been identified as a possible landing spot for Cruz. If true, that reeks of desperation by Bellichek.

Surprisingly, NE has been identified as a possible landing spot for Cruz. If true, that reeks of desperation by Bellichek.

Not surprising - time is running out on Brady for him and he knows it.

Not surprising - time is running out on Brady for him and he knows it.
I think it's pretty funny how so many analysts thought he was the all being master of time, space, dimension and drafting and over the years, he has never been able to replace the talent he inherited.

Damn free agency makes people stupid. #12 and a big contract. Slap yourself

I would prefer we stick to the plan. Sign Wallace and draft a good young talent at another position.

When a player is tender like Cruz, you have to give up your 1st round pick as compensation. So there is no way around giving up the #12. You can't use their 19th pick as compensation for Criz.

You can deal.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

No choice for, "Trade for Cruz instead of signing Wallace"?
Yeah I missed.

Sorry.

But let's say it count as "Only if Miami can't hire Wallace or Jennings" (because they don't like them)

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Does he only play slot or can he play outside?
I think he's an elite slot receiver and just-above-average wide open.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Damn free agency makes people stupid. #12 and a big contract. Slap yourself

Ok, after slapping myself, I still think he could agree to a decent contract allowing us to elevate our receiving corps.

I would prefer we stick to the plan. Sign Wallace and draft a good young talent at another position.

The thing is some scouts agree this class lacks of outstanding talent at WR, as there's no one like A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

Cordarrelle Patterson is a junior with poor routing and inconsistent performance, Keenan Allen plays physical and will need to add important muscle to win over stronger CB, Tavon Austin lacks of routing technique and Robert Wood isn't fast enough to beat starting CB. Those are the most ready to start wide receivers in this draft, and the rest looks less promising.

Translated: All WR at this draft class could require extended time to adjust into Pro-level, some could pan out until third or fourth season.

Back
Top Bottom