Should have franchised Sean Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should have franchised Sean Smith

Nope, no way, no how. The guy simply dropped too many INT's and would get burned way too often when the game was on the line for me. I have no issue with him remaining a Dolphin, but he's not worth over paying. He needs to be here for the right price, there are far too many DB's coming out in this years draft for us to over pay him.

You could set Smith out by the curb with the trash. No one would claim him.

Absolutely not. He was in his contract year and still played as soft as a baby's bottom. What will he do when you give him 20 million. He and VD will tweet and get hack all day.

Laughable to think that a corner who couldn't intercept a pass if it were handed off to him by the QB deserves to be paid amongst the best at his position.

The guy we franchised has intercepted one less pass than Smith over the last two years and he is a defensive lineman. I'd rather have that guy on my team.

No smith is overrated n I think he loses focus at times n can be a detriment to the team besides the fins should be able to draft Rhodes with their first pick

8 million randy starks or 8 million + to sean smith who got beaten likea drum last year s keyshon would say C'MON MAN

we have no corners including s/ smith they cant cover anyone marshall sucks just like coyle he is no good he took a good def and made it bad just like thinking marshall could cover someone what a joke

We should've franchised Smith because there's no one in free agency or the draft that can give 10-15 yard cushions on every single play.

I agree we are solid at D-line..........not so solid in coverage though
so why would you want to franchise someone who contributed to that coverage being as bad as it is. good move to pass on him

f**k a sean smith... literally the worst hands on an nfl player we've ever seen. i wish someone would do a montage of all of his dropped ints

My mom can catch better than smith. And she can tackle better. Smith has nothing to show he is worth that.
I really liked ss and vd. Both are used up in Miami. I have seen enough of play 3 solid games and then **** your pants smith.
We had scrubs off the street that did just as good as smith. Time to get some real corners. Guys that have chip on their shoulder.
Play tough,aggressive ball. I want guys that go get the ball not wait for it to cuddle into your hands. Bye bye. Sean.

We would have paid him about $2mil per interception in his 4 year career - 5 in 63 games. He doesn't make any plays. He doesn't tackle well. He's not tough. He's a mental midget. He is a below average CB. His physical appearance is an illusion. It doesn't translate to anything good on the field. And he has a knack for coming up small in big moments. I would have traded him a year ago...

Back
Top Bottom