Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year???

Should Steve Nash win the NBA's MVP award for the third straight year?

• Yes

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Suns without Nash are still a top 5 team in the NBA. You can put in a 2nd tier PG and they will still be successful. Take away Kobe the lakers are horrible. Take away Dirk the Mavs are horrible. Take away Dwade the Heat are horrible. Take away Nash the Suns are still good and contenders.

They are not a top 5 team without Nash, Whenever nash sits on the bench and either Barbosa or Banks is running the point they can't do ****.

They are not a top 5 team without Nash, Whenever nash sits on the bench and either Barbosa or Banks is running the point they can't do ****.

I said if they bring in a 2 tier Pg like a J Williams or Derek Fisher not one of their own player.

Nash is a great player and win or lose his MVP wins shouldn't be dissed.

its teh system they run that makes nash look good

The Suns without Nash are still a top 5 team in the NBA. You can put in a 2nd tier PG and they will still be successful. Take away Kobe the lakers are horrible. Take away Dirk the Mavs are horrible. Take away Dwade the Heat are horrible. Take away Nash the Suns are still good and contenders.

Aren't the Heat under .500 in the Junior conference? The Suns without Nash are not a contender. If you take off the top player on any team their will be a huge dropoff, so what? The Spurs without Tim Duncan are the Atlanta Hawks. Does that mean he deserves MVP?

I think race has alot to do with the lack of respect for Nash. A small white guy who dominates the game by being a pass first player won't get the respect as other players. It does lead to better media coverage but I really hate what David Stern is doing to the league. This is off topic but LeBron clubs Wade in the head which was more violent than Kobe's hit on Manu and doesn't get anything? Both were intentional IMO, but because LeBron and Wade are friends nothing is done? The NBA protects its stars but the officiating is a joke. I watched the Utah Jazz mug Spurs players the other night and nothing was called. On the other hand guys running under players to take a charge and being labeled great defenders is a joke.

Arenas deserves it, the Wizards are at the top in the east and hes the reason.

I don't even consider Washington that much of a contender.

There's a reason why the Wizards are so improved, and it's Caron Butler's play. Gilbert Arenas is having his best year, but he's not playing SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. The bigger difference has been Caron Butler, the only player on that team who understands what defense is. Not hating on Agent 0.........I just don't see him as an "MVP worthy" player.

Something interesting though - if one can make a case for Gilbert Arenas, then why not Dwyane Wade? Minus a game where Wade scored 0 points in 3-5 minutes before getting injured......his numbers are 29.5 PPG, 8 APG, 5.1 RPG vs. Gil's 29.7 PPG, 6.3 APG, 4.6 RPG. Biggest difference is Dwyane's 49% shooting vs. Gil's 43%. Arenas is a shoot first guy, and Wade is one who sometimes spends QUARTERS trying to get his teammates involved. Still, he's averaging about the same points per + shooting at a WAY higher percentage. Even with the game that screwed his stats, he's at 28.8 PPG, 7.8 APG, & 5 RPG. Wade has also went the entire season so far without a valid second option; Arenas is playing with an All-Star in Caron Butler. I just appreciate perimeter guys who should over 45% more than the rest.

No homerism either, I'm making a case OVER Arenas.

Personally, I'd call Kobe Bryant my MVP..............again. Maybe Dirk.

I don't even consider Washington that much of a contender.

There's a reason why the Wizards are so improved, and it's Caron Butler's play. Gilbert Arenas is having his best year, but he's not playing SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. The bigger difference has been Caron Butler, the only player on that team who understands what defense is. Not hating on Agent 0.........I just don't see him as an "MVP worthy" player.
Caron butler is having a great yeaer. hes surpassed jamison as the second best player on that team

Something interesting though - if one can make a case for Gilbert Arenas, then why not Dwyane Wade? Minus a game where Wade scored 0 points in 3-5 minutes before getting injured......his numbers are 29.5 PPG, 8 APG, 5.1 RPG vs. Gil's 29.7 PPG, 6.3 APG, 4.6 RPG. Biggest difference is Dwyane's 49% shooting vs. Gil's 43%. Arenas is a shoot first guy, and Wade is one who sometimes spends QUARTERS trying to get his teammates involved. Still, he's averaging about the same points per + shooting at a WAY higher percentage. Even with the game that screwed his stats, he's at 28.8 PPG, 7.8 APG, & 5 RPG. Wade has also went the entire season so far without a valid second option; Arenas is playing with an All-Star in Caron Butler. I just appreciate perimeter guys who should over 45% more than the rest.

No homerism either, I'm making a case OVER Arenas.

Personally, I'd call Kobe Bryant my MVP..............again. Maybe Dirk.

It's an individual award but I don't think a player on a bad team should get the award. Maybe the Heat turn it around the 2nd half but when the Heat get a few games over .500 people can throw Wade's name out there.

Caron butler is having a great yeaer. hes surpassed jamison as the second best player on that team

Caron was the second best player on that team last year.

It's an individual award but I don't think a player on a bad team should get the award. Maybe the Heat turn it around the 2nd half but when the Heat get a few games over .500 people can throw Wade's name out there.
Which is exactly why threads like this one = stupid at this point in the year.

Anything can happen - Washington can fall out like they ALWAYS do, and Miami can go on a run like they ALWAYS do. Miami is what, about 5 games out've first place in the Southeast? Miami also plays Washington 3 more times, and we OWN that team........

I don't really care about regular season NBA records. They're pretty irrelevant.

Records aside, Miami and Detroit are the teams to beat in the Eastern Conference.

Back
Top Bottom