Shouldn't AJ be getting all the snaps with the first team to get more familiar? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shouldn't AJ be getting all the snaps with the first team to get more familiar?

Should AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team?

• Yes, he needs to get his timing down and Jay had his chance.

Votes: 54 68.4%
  • No, it should be 50/50

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know that Wannstedt promised a fair QB battle with equal time (that appears to not include Sage for some reason). But, seeing as how Huizenga and Spielman want AJ to start, should'nt AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team offense? Not to mention, Jay is already familiar with the first team with the exception of Boston.

I think this team is shooting itself in the foot by not giving AJ as much time as humanly possible with the first team. He needs to get his timing down and his confidence up. Jay has had his shot and now we need to give AJ a shot.

the starting QB is the coach's decision technically. As long as Jay is in the running he needs to get equal time with the 1st O to get ready to play. If Jay wins the competition because AJ failed and AJ had all the snaps we'd be in deep doo doo for the beginning of the season

RICKYSABEAST said:
I know that Wannstedt promised a fair QB battle with equal time (that appears to not include Sage for some reason). But, seeing as how Huizenga and Spielman want AJ to start, should'nt AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team offense? Not to mention, Jay is already familiar with the first team with the exception of Boston.

I think this team is shooting itself in the foot by not giving AJ as much time as humanly possible with the first team. He needs to get his timing down and his confidence up. Jay has had his shot and now we need to give AJ a shot.

I agree 100% This team needs to ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to get AJ ready to be the starter come September. If Feidler ends up the starter, all the personnel changes won't amount to a hill of beans. This team will again muddle through the season mired in mediocrity. Feeley needs to be the starter or the old saying will ring true with the 2004 Miami Dolphins........."The more things change, the more they stay the same."

And now let the flaming begin for being negative again. :evil:

pigskinguy said:
I agree 100% This team needs to ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to get AJ ready to be the starter come September. If Feidler ends up the starter, all the personnel changes won't amount to a hill of beans. This team will again muddle through the season mired in mediocrity. Feeley needs to be the starter or the old saying will ring true with the 2004 Miami Dolphins........."The more things change, the more they stay the same."

:topic: this is not about Jay vs AJ, but about whether AJ s/get most of the playing time with the first O to be ready in case he wins IMO

pigskinguy said:

I got you're back man! Phuck 'em

dolphan39 said:
:topic: this is not about Jay vs AJ, but about whether AJ s/get most of the playing time with the first O to be ready in case he wins IMO
It is certainly not off topic.I just told you why I think Feeley needs to get the majority of reps in TC.
Very much on topic thank you.

dolphan39 said:
the starting QB is the coach's decision technically. As long as Jay is in the running he needs to get equal time with the 1st O to get ready to play. If Jay wins the competition because AJ failed and AJ had all the snaps we'd be in deep doo doo for the beginning of the season
I agree, if you give AJ all the snaps, Fiedler would be very rusty come week 1, and not ready to play in game situations. That is of course if Feeley flops. If they named Feeley the starter from the moment they acquired him, then yes, 100% of the snaps in practice, but he's not good enough yet to be named outright starter, so they must share.

RICKYSABEAST said:

Even though I want AJ to start, I don't think he should be getting the majority of the snaps because he hasn't earned it yet. It's not like he's so much better than Jay that he should be handed the job,we're not talking about Marino here. Jay knows the offense much better and up till now has led it better than AJ, although I can't say that will be the case in the future. AJ definitely has much more upside and potential, but if Jay can do the job better than he should be the one to start...Pigskin you know that I don't like Jay as our starter, but I also don't like trusting someone who can't beat out Jay with our team either. If Jay is the better qb for this team, then so be it I will stand behind him and I hope all of you do as well.

Point being, until AJ earns all the snaps, he doesn't deserve them. If he gets to that point then yeah it might hinder him a little that he hasn't got all the snaps but he should be used to it considering he was a third stinger. It's not fair to Jay who to this point in the offseason has done nothing to warrant being demoted, I just want a fair qb battle and I'll support whoever wins...although I will admit I will prefer it if Feeley wins.

BTW, would anyone know if during previous Philly minicamps since everyone claimed AJ was the backup, if they split the snaps or if he got any at all with the first team over Koy, I was wondering about this.

bottom line for any NFL team is whoever is the starter gets all the 1st team snaps and while their is a competition all involved share time to determine who is #1. That is the way it is done barring injury

Honestly I think Trestman should decide who gets the snaps and when.

RICKYSABEAST said:

My first thought was, yes, he should be getting all the snaps with the first team; however...

Look at it like diversifying your portfolio. What if Wanny puts all his "stock" in Feeley and he flops? It's the responsible thing to do tomake sure that both Feeley and Fiedler are ready for the season...just in case they're caught with their pants down and Feeley isn't the real deal.

Finsflurry said:
Even though I want AJ to start, I don't think he should be getting the majority of the snaps because he hasn't earned it yet. It's not like he's so much better than Jay that he should be handed the job,we're not talking about Marino here. Jay knows the offense much better and up till now has led it better than AJ, although I can't say that will be the case in the future. AJ definitely has much more upside and potential, but if Jay can do the job better than he should be the one to start...Pigskin you know that I don't like Jay as our starter, but I also don't like trusting someone who can't beat out Jay with our team either. If Jay is the better qb for this team, then so be it I will stand behind him and I hope all of you do as well.

Point being, until AJ earns all the snaps, he doesn't deserve them. If he gets to that point then yeah it might hinder him a little that he hasn't got all the snaps but he should be used to it considering he was a third stinger. It's not fair to Jay who to this point in the offseason has done nothing to warrant being demoted, I just want a fair qb battle and I'll support whoever wins...although I will admit I will prefer it if Feeley wins.

BTW, would anyone know if during previous Philly minicamps since everyone claimed AJ was the backup, if they split the snaps or if he got any at all with the first team over Koy, I was wondering about this.

If Fiedler does win the job, I will, of course support him and hope he does well. (Although my optimism for the upcoming season will be severly dampened.)
I just feel that if Feeley is to get comfortable with offense he needs to take more of the snaps. I am not talking about 100% of the snaps. I don't want Feidler to be sitting over beside Sage and have both of them with their thumbs up their arses doing nothing.
I just think Feeley should get more snaps with the 1st offense. It is the only way he will learn the offense and him knowing the offense is the only way to find out if he is better than Feidler. (Although some of us already know the answer to that :evil: )

Feeley is not our starting QB. It should be 50/50. Feeley has done nothing to be named the starter and he should have to earn the spot.

iceblizzard69 said:
Feeley is not our starting QB. It should be 50/50. Feeley has done nothing to be named the starter and he should have to earn the spot.

Except that his name is not Jay Feidler. :lol: :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom