Shouldn't AJ be getting all the snaps with the first team to get more familiar? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shouldn't AJ be getting all the snaps with the first team to get more familiar?

Should AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team?

• Yes, he needs to get his timing down and Jay had his chance.

Votes: 54 68.4%
  • No, it should be 50/50

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if aj didnt suck so bad in camp he would defiantely be getting more snaps as you said yourself you dont want to shot yourself in the foot!!

13isgr81 said:
Honestly I think Trestman should decide who gets the snaps and when.

I agree with that. Isn't he supposedly in the top tier of qb coaches? Everyone thinks he knows his **** pretty well

RICKYSABEAST said:
I know that Wannstedt promised a fair QB battle with equal time (that appears to not include Sage for some reason). But, seeing as how Huizenga and Spielman want AJ to start, should'nt AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team offense? Not to mention, Jay is already familiar with the first team with the exception of Boston.

I think this team is shooting itself in the foot by not giving AJ as much time as humanly possible with the first team. He needs to get his timing down and his confidence up. Jay has had his shot and now we need to give AJ a shot.
I agree, Jay has proven he isn't taking this team anywhere, retaining Jay as a backup was ok, retaining him as a backup counting over 4 million against our cap and getting equal time with the first team is a joke.

It's a qb battle. AJ hasn't been named the starter because the coaches arent sure if he's an upgrade over Feidler. I like the the battle. Competition is good and Feeley can learn a lot about running the offense by observation.

They both need the reps...

Over 16 (read 19 if you're an optimist) games we'll need them both (unless we traded lines with the broncos and nobody bothered to write it up in the press).

Until one of them gets the #1 gig, it should be split. Haven't any of you seen how horrible Fiedler plays when comming back from injury(and thus without reps with the 1st team)? In the unlikely even that Feeley looses, or is injured... I don't want a rusty Jay taking over the helm. Besides that, if you don't let Jay have a shot with the 1st team you can't say he got a fair shake at the starting spot... and should he be given the chance to LOOSE the competion so we don't all have to read pages and pages of "It wasn't fair". (Which will prolly happen anyway no matter who wins)

You can't have...

...a QB competition if both QBs aren't playing on another.

Based on the reports thus far, taking Fiedler out of the competition is about the only way Feeley can win.

Being fair-minded, I have to say you have to split your snaps 50-50...

JF is still ahead of AJ in the timing and play recognition, but if you limit him to to less snaps with the 1st string O, he will be rusty, not on the playbook but timing. You have to remember he is inconsistant with alot of practice, and if you limit that and AJ is not ready to take command, then you already started the season with a bad hand...

I voted 50/50. While I think the best situation for Miami is if AJ beats out JF, the reality is that we'll probably need both of these guys this season. The starter will get the majority of the snaps when they're game prepping, but in TC we need to get them both ready.

Dolphan_B said:
...a QB competition if both QBs aren't playing on another.

Based on the reports thus far, taking Fiedler out of the competition is about the only way Feeley can win.

These are the Miami Dolphins not the South Beach Rainbow Dolphins. I'd just as soon they don't even touch each other. If they do does that mean Jay gets some of Heather Mitts?

dolphan39 said:
the starting QB is the coach's decision technically. As long as Jay is in the running he needs to get equal time with the 1st O to get ready to play. If Jay wins the competition because AJ failed and AJ had all the snaps we'd be in deep doo doo for the beginning of the season
exactly. What if AJ turns out to be a bust? We'd be in a world of ****.

I also think they need to keep giving equal snaps to both players. I personally like Feeley (i know its no secret) and hope he starts, but if he isnt ready for any reason, not allowing Fiedler enough snaps is shooting ourselves in the foot. He has to be ready just in case.

Back
Top Bottom