Shouldn't AJ be getting all the snaps with the first team to get more familiar? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shouldn't AJ be getting all the snaps with the first team to get more familiar?

Should AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team?

• Yes, he needs to get his timing down and Jay had his chance.

Votes: 54 68.4%
  • No, it should be 50/50

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Id like to see Feeley get all the snaps. Ive supported Jay in the past, but he really hasnt done anything to continue to be the #1 QB. If Spielman and Wanny gave away a high pick for Feeley, Id like to see him get all the snaps and be named the number one guy.

Wanny and Spielman made their bed on this one, now they should have to sleep in it.

We need better QB play. It's unlikely that Jay suddenly becomes a more accurate, stronger armed QB this season. Hence they went out and got Feeley.

I'd split the snaps 70/30 with Feeley getting the majority. After four years, Fiedler should be able to handle it, being more familiar with the playbook.

Everyone talks about how Jay would be a great back-up. Yet we know the back-ups get only a minority of the snaps with the first team offense. If Jay gets rusty taking only 30% of the snaps? Then he won't make it as a #2 QB either.

The intent has been to replace Fiedler, so why dance around the issue? Give Feeley every chance to get comfortable and be the starter.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
We need better QB play. It's unlikely that Jay suddenly becomes a more accurate, stronger armed QB this season.

... unless maybe they brought in a premier Quarterbacks coach to work with him. To bad they couldn't make something like that happen. :huh:

13isgr81 said:
... unless maybe they brought in a premier Quarterbacks coach to work with him. To bad they couldn't make something like that happen. :huh:

I could be coached by Trestman and still suck. Because I don't have the talent to be a starting QB in the NFL. Just like Jay Feidler.

um wouldn't we want to see how feeley and fiedler fare against eachother with the same help? helps us see where we're at with feeley.

if we give feeley the majority of the snaps and just decide hes gonna be the starter like so many on this web site would like and than the season starts, the o-line has problems and feeley cant escape the pass rush due to the lack of his scrambling ability and we loose our first 2 games befor we decide to go back to jay that could be devistational to our season. lets let these guys compete and push each other and find out who really belongs behind the center. 50/50

Believing Wanny to be one of the biggest copy cats around, I think he is borrowing a little QB development philosophy from Mike Holmgren.

The theory goes that you can't bring in an unproven QB and hand him the starting job over an established QB no matter what the cost of the new guy. Players on the team don't respect cost, they respect performance and until they see it they will remain loyal to the incumbent. To name Feeley the starter over Jay Feidler without him ever proving anything to his new teammates would create division on the team and possibly animosity towards Feeley. The idea is to have Feeley earn his respect and prove to his new team mates that he is one of them before he is placed in a position to lead them.

It has to be 50/50, from everything we`ve read and heard Jay was clearly the better player in the mini camps. Training camp is a different story, and if AJ begins to emerge as the better of the two then he`ll start to get more snaps (deservedly so), until then keep it equal. Last thing we need is a rusty Fiedler coming in if Feeley gets injured.

pigskinguy said:
I could be coached by Trestman and still suck. Because I don't have the talent to be a starting QB in the NFL. Just like Jay Feidler.

Aww common, I'm sure with Trestman's help even you would improve as a QB... :tongue:

I assume what you are trying to say is that Fiedler doesn't have enough talent to improve even to the level of "good quarterback". While that may be true, I'll let coach Trestman be the judge not me,... I write code for a living.

RICKYSABEAST said:
I know that Wannstedt promised a fair QB battle with equal time (that appears to not include Sage for some reason). But, seeing as how Huizenga and Spielman want AJ to start, should'nt AJ be getting all or at least a majority of the time with the first team offense? Not to mention, Jay is already familiar with the first team with the exception of Boston.

I think this team is shooting itself in the foot by not giving AJ as much time as humanly possible with the first team. He needs to get his timing down and his confidence up. Jay has had his shot and now we need to give AJ a shot.

We didn't give up what we did for him, along with his contract not to be the starter. However, as i said last feb, it matters little cuz Fiedler is wanny's boy, plain and simple. just give him enough rope.................................

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Everyone talks about how Jay would be a great back-up. Yet we know the back-ups get only a minority of the snaps with the first team offense. If Jay gets rusty taking only 30% of the snaps? Then he won't make it as a #2 QB either.

The intent has been to replace Fiedler, so why dance around the issue? Give Feeley every chance to get comfortable and be the starter.

My point exactly.

Back
Top Bottom