SI.com Peter King draft notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI.com Peter King draft notes

jim1 - you might like to double check the link you attached. I see Eric Ebron and he definitely isn't lumbering. But he does appear 70 lbs lighter and may not have the arm length to block like Cyrus Kouandjio;-) Actually, I enjoyed the Ebron video, he moves well and it was a good check to see if we cared to take the time to check your video.
I still don't see Kouandjio as the right fit for our ZBS but I'm ready to be flame grilled on that because Rich Eisen, Charley Casserley, Todd McShay and Peter King have all picked him in for the Dolphins in their latest mock drafts. I feel like the mother who is watching her son marching with the other soldiers, remark that they're all out of step except Johnny.

I did watch the Ebron combine video and the Sports Science piece, he's one heck of an athlete.

I'm not going to argue the question marks on Kouandijo. I just don't like to draft players that have regressed from their previous year. What I will argue is that there are better players with better value that will be at #19. You can't telll me that Kouandijo, with his slipping production and poor offseason, is ranked higher than CJ Mosley-LB, Ryan Shazier-LB, Marquise Lee-WR, Jason Verrett-CB. If we're indeed stuck at #19, I'll bet there will be a RT starter available at #50 in the 2nd round.

There was an interesting player who slipped in the 1983 draft after a subpar senior year. That was Dan Marino. A regression junior to senior years isn't a positive, but I'd rather focus on the whole body of work.

There was an interesting player who slipped in the 1983 draft after a subpar senior year. That was Dan Marino. A regression junior to senior years isn't a positive, but I'd rather focus on the whole body of work.

The questions about Marino weren't physical, it was whether he was a cokehead. Based on similar reasoning we should be looking at Colt Lyerla. Now I know you're a Kouandjiou fan, that's fine, and if he's healthy I have no doubt he's an NFL quality lineman. I have questions and would rather opt for a player with less questions.

The questions about Marino weren't physical, it was whether he was a cokehead. Based on similar reasoning we should be looking at Colt Lyerla. Now I know you're a Kouandjiou fan, that's fine, and if he's healthy I have no doubt he's an NFL quality lineman. I have questions and would rather opt for a player with less questions.

That's sound logic, I don't have a problem with it. It's just a question of opinions, and mine is that Kouandjio is one heck of a player that would be fine for us in a ZBS. My question has been from a few months back, do you want to spend a 1st rd pick on a RT or grab a playmaker like Brandin Cooks
at #19 and get a RT in rd 2? But now, Morgan Moses and even Ju'Wuan James are being touted as 1st rd or early 2nd rd picks, longshots to be available at #50. I smell a trade down from #19 or a trade up from #50, or both.

I've liked Moses for a while and I've struggled with James, but despite what I don't see in striking qualities he's a very solid, very well rounded OT that will probably serve a team quietly well for 10-12 years. Not quiet excellence, but quiet very goodness. And that ain't bad.

jim1 - you might like to double check the link you attached. I see Eric Ebron and he definitely isn't lumbering. But he does appear 70 lbs lighter and may not have the arm length to block like Cyrus Kouandjio;-) Actually, I enjoyed the Ebron video, he moves well and it was a good check to see if we cared to take the time to check your video.
I still don't see Kouandjio as the right fit for our ZBS but I'm ready to be flame grilled on that because Rich Eisen, Charley Casserley, Todd McShay and Peter King have all picked him in for the Dolphins in their latest mock drafts. I feel like the mother who is watching her son marching with the other soldiers, remark that they're all out of step except Johnny.

Add Mayock to the lsit who just picked him at #19 in his mock. Picked Shazier at 21 to GB as an FYI..

Why would we pick at RT in the first round? I could understand a LT, but a RT?
Pryor, Mosely, Shazier...to many top players that can upgrade or start immediately to take a 4th tier oline player.
Hickey is done if it plays out this way...

Why would we pick at RT in the first round? I could understand a LT, but a RT?
Pryor, Mosely, Shazier...to many top players that can upgrade or start immediately to take a 4th tier oline player.
Hickey is done if it plays out this way...

I never understood the logic that RT isn't an important position.

Back
Top Bottom