SI rates Ricky as 9th best | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI rates Ricky as 9th best

well I could care less about "the past 5 years" all I care about is the past 2...and in 02 he was the best back in football despite these factors with an avg. O-line...last year the o-line caught some injuries and struggled...but he still had 1400.....

..and if you think duece wouldve been as productive despite these factors....your strongly mistaken....Ricky is a warrior and is nothing like the rw in New Orleans....ricky has improved himself physically and mentally and is one helluva RB!

dont get me wrong duece is a good back...top 10

not really????? Im sure your reffering to Marino..and yes it was VERY amazing what he did even when other teams knew exactly what Miami was doing..sorta like the past couple of years w/ RW.... teams know were gonna run...so they stack the line...RW is still able to put up top notch #'s...just like with Dan teams knew we were gonna throw and geared up to stop that and couldnt..so its actually pretty similar...

RW is a top 5 back hands down. Getting his 13-1400 yards last year was an incredible feat...a pathetic line and passing game sure didnt do much to help him our. Priest or any of those guys would have fallen short of RWs #s.

4Dfins said:
RW is a top 5 back hands down. Getting his 13-1400 yards last year was an incredible feat...a pathetic line and passing game sure didnt do much to help him our. Priest or any of those guys would have fallen short of RWs #s.

my point exactly....people will see this year when teams cant afford to stack the line because of fear of our new passing attack...RW will excell!!

Rank the 0-Lines!

Miami's is most likely the worst in that top ten and shouldn't be in the top 25.

DB80, I totally agree. RW running against a normal front will look like his college highlight reel:)

1. LaDainian Tomlinson - 1000+ yards and 100 catches, along with no quarterback or receivers makes LT the best back.
2. Jamal Lewis - He could be ahead of LT if it weren't for all those catches. Lewis rushed for 2000 yards, although he has a better o line, but his quarterback and receiving corps are just as bad as San Diego's.
3. Priest Holmes - 2 rushing titles in the past 3 years, along with a boat load of TD's. He does benefit from a great o-line, but thats him just taking advantage of it.
4. Deuce McAllister - He can do it all. Short yardage, break the long ones, catching passes. He had 9 straight games with 100 yards, as was one of the only backs to get 100 yards on Tampa their Superbowl season.
5. Shaun Alexander - A great back.
6. Ahman Green - He would be higher if it weren't for his fumblitis.
7. Ricky Williams - He's still lacking in the catching department. Ricky has a little better quarterback and receiving combination than LT and Lewis, but he needs more carries in order to get as many yards as they have. He doesnt have the shiftiness to avoid tackles at the line.
8. Clinton Portis - Jury is still out now that he's not in Denver.
9. Stephen Davis - Come'on, he is the reason the Panthers won the Superbowl. Without him, they don't win.
10. Corey Dillon - Holds the title for most yards in a game. This guy will explode in New England, I feel sorry for you AFC Easters.

Didnt know if you noticed but Dillon's record was broken by Jamal Lewis last year vs. the Browns..

DBoston80 said:
my point exactly....people will see this year when teams cant afford to stack the line because of fear of our new passing attack...
I didn't know that the fins hired Manning.

DBoston80 said:
Didnt know if you noticed but Dillon's record was broken by Jamal Lewis last year vs. the Browns..

I stand corrected. Now I remember being upset that he didn't get the 300 yards, didn't he get 298 or something? Either way, 278 yards by Dillon is pretty impressive.

Dolphinizzle said:
Did you know that the fins aquired David Boston, and upgraded the offensive line?
Upgraded? That's only your opinion not fact.

Back
Top Bottom