Sign Leonard Fournette | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Leonard Fournette

I remember arguing with several fans (back before the 2017 draft) who thought Fournette would be better than Zeke Elliott. That take didn't age so well. ;)

My argument all along was that Zeke is far more than a runner. He's very good receiver (although Dallas doesn't maximize him in that area IMO) and an excellent blocker. Some don't realize how invaluable that last skill is to an offense.

Fournette always has been super talented as a pure runner. I have no doubt that in the right system he'd blow up. But he's never been all that good in the other areas todays RB's need to be proficient at.
Jags being Jags

Jags was one of best team in 1999. With fred taylor and crew.. I hated them for whipping on dolphins in playoff. Now they're one of jokee franchise.

Reactions: A1.
Everything we have done with the offensive line and 325lb lineman suggests we want a power run game to grind teams into the turf on extremely hot 1:00 PM games at HardRock, a Fournette - Howard 1-2 punch for 3 quarters and turn Breida lose in the 4th.

You flat could wear teams down and run them over.

And he's just not that good.
I had him in Fantasy football last season. I thought he was a pretty consistent point-scorer but the Jags had zilch talent at WR. Opposing teams knew that Fournette was getting a helluva lot of carries and the O-line he was running behind was pretty mediocre. Overall, in the 2019 season, he had 1,152 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns to go along with 76 receptions for 522 receiving yards. He's big and strong and if he finds himself a team with a really good O-line, he can still be decent. However, it is significant that none of the 31 other teams was prepared to offer the Jags even a late round pick when he's been available for months. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
I had him in Fantasy football last season. I thought he was a pretty consistent point-scorer but the Jags had zilch talent at WR. Opposing teams knew that Fournette was getting a helluva lot of carries and the O-line he was running behind was pretty mediocre. Overall, in the 2019 season, he had 1,152 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns to go along with 76 receptions for 522 receiving yards. He's big and strong and if he finds himself a team with a really good O-line, he can still be decent. However, it is significant that none of the 31 other teams was prepared to offer the Jags even a late round pick when he's been available for months. Buyer beware.
Jags are dumb team now.. players are running away from jags. Something going on in that locker room. give him a one yr deal make sense if that what dolphins want do..he need pick his team wisely..if he goes to better teams in nfl. He is going have big yr..

Fournette's stats don't match up with the reputation. That his original team is giving up on him says a lot.

While timing is obviously an issue here(Since money has already been spent on the position), in general, I'd much rather sign 1st round RBs after they get cut from their rookie contract than actually draft them in the 1st round... You get the low price without actually spending draft capital...

I remember arguing with several fans (back before the 2017 draft) who thought Fournette would be better than Zeke Elliott. That take didn't age so well. ;)

My argument all along was that Zeke is far more than a runner. He's very good receiver (although Dallas doesn't maximize him in that area IMO) and an excellent blocker. Some don't realize how invaluable that last skill is to an offense.

Fournette always has been super talented as a pure runner. I have no doubt that in the right system he'd blow up. But he's never been all that good in the other areas todays RB's need to be proficient at.

Elliot is a very good running back, very athletic with good vision too. But he kind of reminds me of Emmit Smith, the most productive back there was but a guy rarely mentioned as the greatest, either of all-time or even when he was in the game (Barry), because those holes he runs through are so much of a dream it's hard to really even compare him to most backs. It's interesting to see his production versus Demarco Murray, who was equally productive when on the field but did struggle a lot more with durability.

Back
Top Bottom