Significant win feels like a turning point for this Miami Dolphins season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Significant win feels like a turning point for this Miami Dolphins season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
You'll forgive me if my enthusiasm is tempered, but how many times have we heard this in the last 17yrs. starting with the decline of the franchise from the Dumbstadt era.

Jay%20Ajayi

Something’s different. You saw it Sunday because something signficant happened.
It simply feels as though the Miami Dolphins have turned the corner on the 2017 season after Sunday’s satisfying 20-17 win over Atlanta. It feels as though this team is finding itself in much the same manner they did in 2016 and the timing is similar.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article179057891.html#storylink=rss

Cutler completed 11 of 19 passes (57.9 pct.) for 87 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a 104.5 quarterback rating during the second half on Sunday. It was the 23rd fourth-quarter or overtime comeback victory in his career and 14th on the road.

hey, its a start...

I hope so but what the f*** is up with these slow starts. Can't sustain and anemic first-half followed by a good second-half. More often than not you're coming out on the losing end.

I'm not sold on a turnaround, but I am sold that this is an improving offense and a very improving defense. we forget what was the major issue last year, as we get out of this doldrum on offense, it was the run defense. Miami continues to be pretty solid and they are also dialing up pressures too. I almost want to say, that if Miami can match their average scores from prior seasons (low 20 range), they can absolutely go on a run

We definitely need to play the entire game like we did during the second half. The Jets aren’t pushovers this year for some reason. McClown has decided to be a good QB. But it is a winable game for us and a must win. We actually should be 6-2 going up against Carolina if we play like we did in the second half.

I knew we would beat ATL, we are a much better team than most people understand, contingent upon Cutler's play lol. Thank God he got that late hit...Oh yea, and Burke > Joseph, I knew our D was poorly coached last year. The talent has increased, but the coaching appears to be better as well. Joseph is over rated and I think he was a bad hire by the Donkeys, which is too bad for them because they have a lot of talent.

Last edited:
I knew we would beat ATL, we are a much better team than most people understand, contingent upon Cutler's play lol. Thank God he got that late hit...

Cutler didn’t look too bad yesterday. If he can just put together games like he did in the secon half we will win. But, take out the WR screens and feed Ajayi. Defense needs a lot of credit too.

You'll forgive me if my enthusiasm is tempered, but how many times have we heard this in the last 17yrs. starting with the decline of the franchise from the Dumbstadt era.

Jay%20Ajayi

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article179057891.html#storylink=rss

Every year, a bad team wins a "surprising" game (except the Lions). For now, Miami is that "bad' team. I know that sounds negative, but, like many life-long fans, I've been burned too many times. I think the D has prooven itself and I'm excited for the long-term. The O . . . not so much. That said, we saw a spark . . . hope. I'm hoping if Miami can win 2 of the next three and get Larsen back, Cutler more comfortable, and Gase less afraid of taking risks, this can be a fun year. But, for now, those remain "if's."

Cutler completed 11 of 19 passes (57.9 pct.) for 87 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a 104.5 quarterback rating during the second half on Sunday. It was the 23rd fourth-quarter or overtime comeback victory in his career and 14th on the road.

hey, its a start...

And hopefully it is. What tempers my expectations unfortunately is that he had about the same "start" in the second half against the Chargers, in the very first game of the season.

Cutler didn’t look too bad yesterday. If he can just put together games like he did in the secon half we will win. But, take out the WR screens and feed Ajayi. Defense needs a lot of credit too.

No he didn't, but he also sort of got bailed out by the refs on that late hit which would have completely changed his overall performance. He worry's me with his turnovers, that is what I always liked about Tannehill, for the most part he was solid in that department.

Back
Top Bottom