Significant win feels like a turning point for this Miami Dolphins season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Significant win feels like a turning point for this Miami Dolphins season

I need a full game of production by the offense, before I fully believe, but what a great win. I can see this being a season changing game, but Cutler and the offense were not game breakers. If it wasn’t for the late hit the mood would be anti Cutler, and anti Gase. I’m hopeful we come out more confident and can move the ball against the Jets.

The defense I think is going to get better and better. A huge statement game for them. Jones had a slow start but looks like his old self the last two weeks, and is gaining momentum. It is so refreshing to have NFL caliber line backers for a change.

I personally think our LB play will be much improved -vs- the LBs we used the first game against them.

Also not sold on a turnaround but I'm sold on this being a competitive watchable team this season. Considering all we've gone through on and off the field, that's a win for me.

Beat the Jets and get a road win in Baltimore and the tune changes.

No he didn't, but he also sort of got bailed out by the refs on that late hit which would have completely changed his overall performance. He worry's me with his turnovers, that is what I always liked about Tannehill, for the most part he was solid in that department.

But to be fair, the 3 drops from Landry, 2 from Ajayi, and others, would have also changed the complexion of the game for the better. I agree that was a timely call in our favor but he also did enough to win that game even without that.

Big win absolutely, however its meaningless if we drop next week to the Jets. There is a big difference between 3-3 and 4-2.

It was refreshing to see several pass plays on first downs. Either Gase gave up the play calling duties or, he grew a pair. I'm still not getting too excited. Jax demolished the Steelers last week and thought that they had turned the corner too. This week reality set in. The jest game is a must win.

But to be fair, the 3 drops from Landry, 2 from Ajayi, and others, would have also changed the complexion of the game for the better. I agree that was a timely call in our favor but he also did enough to win that game even without that.

True, overall he had a nice game and got bailed out on one huge play by the refs. I guess at this point, we have to consider that a good job by this man. He is always going to throw bone headed picks that Tannehill does not which I ABSOLUTELY HATE, I guess it's just in his DNA and we have to accept that.

I would feel more confident about a turnaround if I had any faith in Jay Cutler. I don't. I really, really miss RT.

Just hope the run blocking continues to improve. With a running game and a solid defense, we'll have a chance.

If our offense can get it going we have a good defense to go along with it. Any defense who hold QBs like Brees, Rivers, Ryan to 20 points or less is a good defense. I just fear that we waste our defense by continuously putting them back out there.

This seems like the year where the AFC and the AFC East looks like an open race. The top teams are not running hot yet (Pittsburgh, NE) and other playoff contenders are struggling (Denver, Oakland, Baltimore etc). KC just fell from the unbeaten and looks suddenly not as superior anymore. The next 3 (Jets, Baltimore, Oakland) look like winnable games.
But our offense has to pick it up big time. Cutler is sitting on his lowest QBR and yards/game of his career. That won't cut it. He never had below 200/game as a seasonal average. He is sitting at a lousy 170 this year. Even the Matt Dilfer offense of the Baltimore Ravens which was all about defense scored 8 times over 20 points in 2000 (and 4 times over 30).

It is time that the O picks it up otherwise we might waste a great opportunity.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but this article is nonsense. People are putting way too much on that 2nd half scoring figure without really digging into it. Those Cutler 2nd half numbers are held up like they're evidence that he played well, when in fact they really tell the opposite story. 58% completion percentage for 4.5 yards per pass. That's awful. What looks good is the the 2 TDs and 0 INTs, but we all know it should have been 1 TD and 1 INT.

The defense has been very good and maybe they're for real. The offense was better in the 2nd half than it has been, but that's faint praise, indeed. I know we scored 20 points, and that the running game finally looked good...but even in the 2nd half, Cutler was barely better than garbage. Call that a turning point if you want. I just think we've been lucky. I hope I'm wrong.

If our offense can get it going we have a good defense to go along with it. Any defense who hold QBs like Brees, Rivers, Ryan to 20 points or less is a good defense. I just fear that we waste our defense by continuously putting them back out there.

This seems like the year where the AFC and the AFC East looks like an open race. The top teams are not running hot yet (Pittsburgh, NE) and other playoff contenders are struggling (Denver, Oakland, Baltimore etc). KC just fell from the unbeaten and looks suddenly not as superior anymore. The next 3 (Jets, Baltimore, Oakland) look like winnable games.
But our offense has to pick it up big time. Cutler is sitting on his lowest QBR and yards/game of his career. That won't cut it. He never had below 200/game as a seasonal average. He is sitting at a lousy 170 this year. Even the Matt Dilfer offense of the Baltimore Ravens which was all about defense scored 8 times over 20 points in 2000 (and 4 times over 30).

It is time that the O picks it up otherwise we might waste a great opportunity.

Great point about Dilfer! I usually bring him up because he is one of the most QBs to get a ring. I honestly wish that Marino would have went to Baltimore for that 2000 season just to get a ring. Cutler just needs to be a little better than Dilfer with our D.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but this article is nonsense. People are putting way too much on that 2nd half scoring figure without really digging into it. Those Cutler 2nd half numbers are held up like they're evidence that he played well, when in fact they really tell the opposite story. 58% completion percentage for 4.5 yards per pass. That's awful. What looks good is the the 2 TDs and 0 INTs, but we all know it should have been 1 TD and 1 INT.

The defense has been very good and maybe they're for real. The offense was better in the 2nd half than it has been, but that's faint praise, indeed. I know we scored 20 points, and that the running game finally looked good...but even in the 2nd half, Cutler was barely better than garbage. Call that a turning point if you want. I just think we've been lucky. I hope I'm wrong.

Cutler is pure garbage but I too hope he proves me wrong. I wish he would pull out one of his Denver performance seasons when he looked good.

Back
Top Bottom