Slimm's 2014 Seniors | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2014 Seniors

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Same thing here, except prospects who will be in the Senior class of 2014.

First up is San Jose St. quarterback, David Fales.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220

20121224__sjsufales1_GALLERYJPG-1.jpg

Probably would've have made his way to the #1 quarterback on my board this year had he declared early. Will be the top quarterback on my board next year. Everything from his path and entry into D-1 football (JUCO accomplishments), accuracy, and career trend reminds me of Aaron Rodgers' Cal days.

With the exception being that Fales doesn't have anywhere near the mechanical flaws that Rodgers had coming out as a Tedford coached quarterback. Fales won't be required to sit once he enters the NFL. He's ready to go.

I'll add to this.

Tennessee Volunteers - OT JaWuan James (#70)
Listed at 6'6" and 324 lbs

Reminds me of Vernon Carey or Orlando Franklin. Very heavy-boned, solid, technically sound and smooth. Powerful, engulfs even big players. Made Devin Taylor look undraftable, which was something All Star players at the Shrine Game couldn't do, nor Cornell Green of Florida. He's started 37 games at right tackle. Don't know if he'll move to left tackle in place of departing Dallas Thomas, but I think he ought to give it a try. Could pay off.

Zach Fulton / OG / Tennessee

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 324

imagesqtbnANd9GcQqy4ROmXTqMTTM_jYl5IrVpZ-1.jpg

I watched him get his first start at RG as a freshman against Alabama in 2010, and proceeded to pave the way for Tauren Poole to rush for 117 yards against Bama's defense.... the first 100 yard game Bama's defense had allowed to a runningback since BenJarvus Green-Ellis in 2007. Went on to start at RG in 28 of the next 31 games that included winning an SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week Award this year.... the first Volunteer offensive lineman to win that honor since 2009. Tennessee's offensive line is full of good looking prospects, and this kid leads the way in my opinion. Will get after it with a nasty attitude and finish what he starts. Good hand placement and natural knee bender. I'd put him in the 3rd Round range right now had he come out... which he almost did.

Tevin Reese / WR / Baylor

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165

clear.gif

Small, quick, fast, slot type receiver with incredible explosiveness. Plays a little bigger than his size. Unique lower body explosion and speed are what allows this kid to make plays despite his stature. Can cut the back off any secondary with his 4.3 speed. 45" vertical jump and over 11' broad jump reveal themselves on the football field for Tevin Reese. Catches the ball well and scores touchdowns. He'll receive the bulk of the attention as a Senior in the passing game from opposing defenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tevin Reese / WR / Baylor

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165

clear.gif

Small, quick, fast, slot type receiver with incredible explosiveness. Plays a little bigger than his size. Unique lower body explosion and speed are what allows this kid to make plays despite his stature. Can cut the back off any secondary with his 4.3 speed. 45" vertical jump and over 11' broad jump reveal themselves on the football field for Tevin Reese. Catches the ball well and scores touchdowns. He'll receiver the bulk of the attention as a Senior in the passing game from opposing defenses.

This kid is electric!!!! I think he might be the fastest kid in FBS. The safeties can't play deep enough.

Byron Moore / S / Tennessee

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 195

Vols09_t618JPGba5b5b122dd3d37cc13d83e92a-1.jpg

4-Star recruit out of JUCO that was offered by just about every major program. Finished second on the team in tackles last season behind A.J. Johnson, and led the Vol defense with 5 interceptions... returning one for a score against Georgia. Intelligent player with a high football IQ that shows in the angles he takes to the action, and the way he plays the football in the air. Volunteered himself to be Tennessee's head coach following the disaster of a coaching search that resulted in a series of declined offers.

Slimm, thanks for these posts. It seems to me that in both of your 2014 threads that Tenn has enough talent to secure a top bowl spot?

Slimm, thanks for these posts. It seems to me that in both of your 2014 threads that Tenn has enough talent to secure a top bowl spot?

Talent has never been the issue with Tennessee. I think the schedule is a little too tough in 2013 for Tennessee to make it to a top bowl game. The best I can see 'em doing is 6-7 wins and a shot at the Compass Bowl in Birmingham considering all the talent that just left Knoxville for the NFL draft.

Khalil Mack / DE-OLB / Buffalo

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 245

mack-1.jpg

Applies constant pressure off the edge and displays tremendous pursuit skills. One of the two best playmakers on defense in the MAC along with Kent St.'s Roosevelt Nix.

Mack abused Kent St. left tackle Brian Winters all game long in a matchup where Mack was facing one of the premier tackle prospects in the country. He racked up 20 TFL's and 8 sacks in 2012. Over the past 2 seasons, he's tallied 40.5 TFL's, 13.5 sacks, 17 QB hurries, and forced 9 fumbles. His athleticism and change-of-direction skills immediately stand out. He's the MAC's version of Jarvis Jones as a playmaker on defense. I think he'll approach 15 sacks as a Senior.

Avery Williamson / LB / Kentucky

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 243

8331487-1.jpeg

Very good player on a bad overall unit defensively for Kentucky. Will probably remain an underrated linebacker throughout. Very active linebacker...always around the ball. Solid wrap up tackler. Finished 2nd in the SEC in tackles with 135, only 3 tackles shy of A.J. Johnson's 138.

Bene Benwikere / CB / San Jose St.

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 195

clear.gif

Whether it was an interception, fumble return for a score, or breaking up passes, he consistently made game changing plays for his team. Doesn't have the blazing speed that will make him a 1st round pick in 2014, but plays with outstanding technique and maximizes his ability. Peformed well against a lot of top competition. Intercepted 7 passes for 152 yards as a Junior and returned one of 'em for a touchdown. Solid all around cornerback.

Jordan Matthews / WR / Vanderbilt

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 205

JordanMatthews_20130106184258692_660_320-1.jpg

I talked a lot about this kid last year in my underclassman thread for 2012. I had the opportunity to watch him play several times for Madison Academy when he was in high school before he headed off to Vanderbilt. Already the best receiver in Vanderbilt school history, and will be a leading candidate for the Biletnikoff Award entering his Senior season. There's not many as good as this kid.

Eddie Lackey / LB / Baylor

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 220

clear.gif

The only time it seems Eddie Lackey isn't making plays is when Baylor's defense is on the sideline. Finished second on the team with 104 tackles, and led in TFL's with 10.5. Although his presence is mainly observed in the passing game where he led the defense with 4 INT's, including 2 returned for touchdowns. Instinctive linebacker that covers ground like a DB when playing zone. I like him as a nickel package linebacker when offenses try to spread you out, with the goal being to stretch the boundaries of your zone coverage and convert it to man.

Nice stuff slimm. Your always the very first coming out with names, and some other guys try to follow suit.
I appreciate the work and the heads up on some of these guys.

Back
Top Bottom