Slimm's 2014 Seniors

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by TedSlimmJr, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Same thing here, except prospects who will be in the Senior class of 2014.

First up is San Jose St. quarterback, David Fales.

Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 220

[​IMG]

Probably would've have made his way to the #1 quarterback on my board this year had he declared early. Will be the top quarterback on my board next year. Everything from his path and entry into D-1 football (JUCO accomplishments), accuracy, and career trend reminds me of Aaron Rodgers' Cal days.

With the exception being that Fales doesn't have anywhere near the mechanical flaws that Rodgers had coming out as a Tedford coached quarterback. Fales won't be required to sit once he enters the NFL. He's ready to go.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I'll add to this.

Tennessee Volunteers - OT JaWuan James (#70)
    Listed at 6'6" and 324 lbs

Reminds me of Vernon Carey or Orlando Franklin. Very heavy-boned, solid, technically sound and smooth. Powerful, engulfs even big players. Made Devin Taylor look undraftable, which was something All Star players at the Shrine Game couldn't do, nor Cornell Green of Florida. He's started 37 games at right tackle. Don't know if he'll move to left tackle in place of departing Dallas Thomas, but I think he ought to give it a try. Could pay off.

3. TedSlimmJr

Zach Fulton / OG / Tennessee

Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 324

[​IMG]

I watched him get his first start at RG as a freshman against Alabama in 2010, and proceeded to pave the way for Tauren Poole to rush for 117 yards against Bama's defense.... the first 100 yard game Bama's defense had allowed to a runningback since BenJarvus Green-Ellis in 2007. Went on to start at RG in 28 of the next 31 games that included winning an SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week Award this year.... the first Volunteer offensive lineman to win that honor since 2009. Tennessee's offensive line is full of good looking prospects, and this kid leads the way in my opinion. Will get after it with a nasty attitude and finish what he starts. Good hand placement and natural knee bender. I'd put him in the 3rd Round range right now had he come out... which he almost did.

4. TedSlimmJr

Tevin Reese / WR / Baylor

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 165

[​IMG]

Small, quick, fast, slot type receiver with incredible explosiveness. Plays a little bigger than his size. Unique lower body explosion and speed are what allows this kid to make plays despite his stature. Can cut the back off any secondary with his 4.3 speed. 45" vertical jump and over 11' broad jump reveal themselves on the football field for Tevin Reese. Catches the ball well and scores touchdowns. He'll receive the bulk of the attention as a Senior in the passing game from opposing defenses.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
  5. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

This kid is electric!!!! I think he might be the fastest kid in FBS. The safeties can't play deep enough.

6. TedSlimmJr

Byron Moore / S / Tennessee

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 195

[​IMG]

4-Star recruit out of JUCO that was offered by just about every major program. Finished second on the team in tackles last season behind A.J. Johnson, and led the Vol defense with 5 interceptions... returning one for a score against Georgia. Intelligent player with a high football IQ that shows in the angles he takes to the action, and the way he plays the football in the air. Volunteered himself to be Tennessee's head coach following the disaster of a coaching search that resulted in a series of declined offers.

7. JCPHIN_PHAN

JCPHIN_PHAN Well-Known Member

Slimm, thanks for these posts. It seems to me that in both of your 2014 threads that Tenn has enough talent to secure a top bowl spot?

8. TedSlimmJr

Talent has never been the issue with Tennessee. I think the schedule is a little too tough in 2013 for Tennessee to make it to a top bowl game. The best I can see 'em doing is 6-7 wins and a shot at the Compass Bowl in Birmingham considering all the talent that just left Knoxville for the NFL draft.

9. TedSlimmJr

Khalil Mack / DE-OLB / Buffalo

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 245

[​IMG]

Applies constant pressure off the edge and displays tremendous pursuit skills. One of the two best playmakers on defense in the MAC along with Kent St.'s Roosevelt Nix.

Mack abused Kent St. left tackle Brian Winters all game long in a matchup where Mack was facing one of the premier tackle prospects in the country. He racked up 20 TFL's and 8 sacks in 2012. Over the past 2 seasons, he's tallied 40.5 TFL's, 13.5 sacks, 17 QB hurries, and forced 9 fumbles. His athleticism and change-of-direction skills immediately stand out. He's the MAC's version of Jarvis Jones as a playmaker on defense. I think he'll approach 15 sacks as a Senior.

10. TedSlimmJr

Avery Williamson / LB / Kentucky

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 243

[​IMG]

Very good player on a bad overall unit defensively for Kentucky. Will probably remain an underrated linebacker throughout. Very active linebacker...always around the ball. Solid wrap up tackler. Finished 2nd in the SEC in tackles with 135, only 3 tackles shy of A.J. Johnson's 138.

11. TedSlimmJr

Bene Benwikere / CB / San Jose St.

Height: 5'11"

[​IMG]

Whether it was an interception, fumble return for a score, or breaking up passes, he consistently made game changing plays for his team. Doesn't have the blazing speed that will make him a 1st round pick in 2014, but plays with outstanding technique and maximizes his ability. Peformed well against a lot of top competition. Intercepted 7 passes for 152 yards as a Junior and returned one of 'em for a touchdown. Solid all around cornerback.

12. TedSlimmJr

Jordan Matthews / WR / Vanderbilt

Weight: 205

[​IMG]

I talked a lot about this kid last year in my underclassman thread for 2012. I had the opportunity to watch him play several times for Madison Academy when he was in high school before he headed off to Vanderbilt. Already the best receiver in Vanderbilt school history, and will be a leading candidate for the Biletnikoff Award entering his Senior season. There's not many as good as this kid.

13. Canadi-Phin

Canadi-Phin I hate everyone else in the AFC East

I was hoping Matthews would have come out this year. I think I would have liked him at 12 more than any other receiver.

14. TedSlimmJr

Eddie Lackey / LB / Baylor

[​IMG]

The only time it seems Eddie Lackey isn't making plays is when Baylor's defense is on the sideline. Finished second on the team with 104 tackles, and led in TFL's with 10.5. Although his presence is mainly observed in the passing game where he led the defense with 4 INT's, including 2 returned for touchdowns. Instinctive linebacker that covers ground like a DB when playing zone. I like him as a nickel package linebacker when offenses try to spread you out, with the goal being to stretch the boundaries of your zone coverage and convert it to man.

15. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

Nice stuff slimm. Your always the very first coming out with names, and some other guys try to follow suit.
    I appreciate the work and the heads up on some of these guys.

16. TedSlimmJr

Anthony Steen / OG / Alabama

Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 303

[​IMG]

Unquestionably the most unheralded player on a Bama offensive line full of NFL talent the past 2 seasons. He's been the starter at RG for the last 2 national championships, and has a shot to go 3-for-3. A little shorter and a little less talented than a prototypical top offensive lineman, but plays with outstanding technique and toughness... leadership. Understands blocking angles and how to get position and fold block anybody that's been in front of him. If scouts doubt his ability, all they have to do is watch where Alabama ran in the second half of the SEC Championship game against Georgia over and over again. I think he'll play in the NFL, and make a good fit for the increasing number of systems that utilize zone blocking.

17. TedSlimmJr

Gabe Jackson / OG / Mississippi St.

Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 320

[​IMG]

Will be a 3 year starter at LG for the Bulldogs entering his Senior season, and has consistently been one of the best in the conference at his position. Fires off the ball extremely well and can maul opponents.

18. TedSlimmJr

Brandon Linder / OG / Miami

Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 312

[​IMG]

I talked about this kid a lot in my underclassman thread for the 2013 draft in anticipation that he may come out early heading into his Junior season.

Every time I see a big run by one of Miami's backs, I can always go back and find at least one impact block by #65 that sprung it.... sometimes I can find more than one impact block by Linder on the same play. Excellent move player that can zero in and make accurate landmark hits on moving targets. Plays with stout fundamentals ins all aspects of run blocking and pass protection. Uses good hand placement, plays with outstanding leverage, and a sound base. Underrated player.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  19. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Slimm, hypothetical:

M. Lee, D. Moncrief, and J. Matthews are all available for Miami at 12 this year. If you had to pick one of the three for Miami at 12, who ya got?

20. TedSlimmJr

Moncrief.... which should tell you how highly I think of him because I believe Marqise Lee is in the Torry Holt category as a prospect.

21. TedSlimmJr

David Fluellen / RB / Toledo

Weight: 215

[​IMG]

Fluellen ran for almost 1,500 yards and 13 TD's in only 11 games in 2012 during his first season as the starting running back. He's never averaged below 5 YPC throughout his career, even during limited action as a sophomore and freshman. Had 3 games in which he surpassed the 200 yard rushing mark against MAC competition. Best back the Rockets have had in the backfield since Jalen Parmele. Fluellen is a little better prospect. Pretty decent receiver out of the backfield.

22. TedSlimmJr

Zurlon Tipton / RB / Central Michigan

[​IMG]

Another big, physical, MAC runningback that rushed for nearly 1,500 yards and 19 TD's. Another big season should have him as mid-round prospect. Reminds me a little bit of another former MAC running back James Starks when he came out of Buffalo in 2010.

23. TedSlimmJr

Branden Oliver / RB / Buffalo

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 202

[​IMG]

Another MAC running back that is familiar with carrying the load. Reminds me a lot of Bobby Rainey (W. Kentucky). Only played in 8 games in 2012 as he battled injuries all season. Rushed for almost 1,400 yards and 13 TD's as a sophomore in 2011. Squatty, powerful little back with a low center of gravity and the strength to break arm tackles. Doesn't provide defenders much of a target to tackle. His 12 career 100 yard rushing games has already tied him for 2nd in school history the formerly mentioned James Starks. Oliver will stand alone in this category at some point during his upcoming Senior season.

He's a Miami kid that was a 3-star RB recruit coming out of high school and ended up in the MAC. Had offers from a few Sun-Belt schools in the state of Florida.

He really impressed me watching him take on a defense full of NFL prospects when he carried the ball 30 times against Georgia for over 100 yards and a touchdown in the season opener.

24. TedSlimmJr

Dri Archer / RB-WR-KR / Kent St.

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 175

[​IMG]

That's right, yet another MAC running back. Except this one is an undersized, explosive playmaker whose versatility will be his ticket to an NFL roster. Rushed for 1,429 yards and 16 TD's as a Junior... essentially averaged 9 yards per carry. Added another 561 yards and 4 TD's receiving, while leading the Golden Flashes in receptions with 39. Averaged over 34 yards per kick return with 3 returned for touchdowns.

The most explosive offensive weapon in the MAC. Ironically, he's also likely to have the most disparity in regards to his draft stock by the time everyone starts looking at him leading up to the 2014 draft due to his size, and the fact that he'll be a luxury pick. However, there's no doubt that he's going to be the player with the most "highlight" videos in the MAC conference.

25. TedSlimmJr

Keith Wenning / QB / Ball St.

[​IMG]

Wenning was a 3-star pro style quarterback recruit that was overlooked by the Big-10, came in and started as a true freshman for Ball St. Intelligent and accurate signal caller that will be a 4 year starter when he enters the 2014 draft. Wenning and Jahwan Edwards give Ball St. the most balanced offensive attack in the MAC. He's a kid that gets better every year. Underrated quarterback.

26. TedSlimmJr

Alex Amidon / WR / Boston College

Weight: 186

[​IMG]

Broke out last season as a Junior and set school records for receptions (78) and receiving yards (1,210) while tacking on 7 TD's. Word is he's a film junkie and one of the hardest working kids on BC's roster. Lit up several ACC opponents that featured so NFL talent in the secondary... including Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech. Hauled in 25 passes, for 460 yards, and 3 TD's in those 3 games alone. Pay attention to where they line him up against the opposition's top secondary talent. This kid can play.

27. TedSlimmJr

Sterling Griffin / WR / South Florida

[​IMG]

Very talented receiver that has had his career derailed by injuries. Injured his knee last year in the second game of the year against Nevada and was lost for the season. This is the third major injury Griffin has suffered in the past three years. He missed the entire 2010 season after dislocating his ankle in offseason workouts, and missed four games in 2011 with a broken foot. I believe he's one of the best receivers in the country when he's healthy.

28. TedSlimmJr

Shakir Bell / RB / Indiana St.

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 190

[​IMG]

29. TedSlimmJr

C.J. Mosley / LB / Alabama

Weight: 232

[​IMG]

30. TedSlimmJr

Quarterbacks:

1. David Fales - San Jose St.

2. Derek Carr - Fresno St.

3. Zach Mettenberger - LSU

4. Aaron Murray - Georgia

5. Tajh Boyd - Clemson

6. A.J. McCarron - Alabama

7. Stephen Morris - Miami

8. Jimmy Garappolo - Eastern Illinois

9. Jeff Mathews - Cornell

10. Keith Wenning - Ball St.

11. Chase Rettig - Boston College

12. Bryn Renner - North Carolina

13. Kurt Hess - Youngstown St.

14. Corey Robinson - Troy

15. Tom Savage - Pittsburg

16. Keith Price - Washington

Quarterbacks (Athletes): These QB's could be asked to play other positions

1. Logan Thomas - Virginia Tech

2. Brandon Mitchell - N.C. State

3. Taylor Martinez - Nebraska

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  31. TedSlimmJr

Runningbacks:

1. Antonio Andrews - Western Kentucky

2. Carlos Hyde - Ohio St.

3. David Fluellen - Toledo

4. Charles Sims - West Virginia

5. Marion Grice - Arizona St.

6. Ladarius Perkins - Mississippi St.

7. Andre Williams - Boston College

8. Senorice Perry - Louisville

9. James White - Wisconsin

10. Waymon James - TCU

11. Tyler Gaffney - Stanford

12. Jeremy Smith - Oklahoma St.

13. Alfred Blue - LSU

14. Ben Malena - Texas A&M

15. Kasey Carrier - New Mexico

16. Fitzgerald Toussaint - Michigan

17. Rajion Neal - Tennessee

18. James Sims - Kansas

19. Silas Redd - USC

20. Damien Williams - Oklahoma

21. Tim Cornett - UNLV

22. Branden Oliver - Buffalo

23. Tim Flanders - Sam Houston St.

24. Jeff Scott - Ole Miss

25. Marcus Washington - Nicholls St.

26. Terrance Cobb - Cumberlands

27. Shakir Bell - Indiana St.

28. Carlton Koonce - Fordham

29. Zurlon Tipton - Central Michigan

30. Jamaal Berry - Murray St.

31. Vintavious Cooper - East Carolina

32. Jerome Smith - Syracuse

33. Tre Watts - Tulsa

34. David Oku - Arkansas St.

35. Sirgregory Thornton - Arkansas St.

36. Jyruss Edwards - UL-Monroe

37. Marcus Coker - Stony Brook

38. Rolandan Finch - Norfolk St.

39. Prince Tyson-Gulley - Syracuse

40. Zach Bauman - Northern Arizona

41. Stephen Houston - Indiana

42. Beau Blankenship - Ohio

Fullback:[/U]

1. Trey Millard - Oklahoma

2. Gator Hoskins - Marshall

3. Jay Prosch - Auburn

4. Chad Young - San Diego St.

5. J.C. Copeland - LSU

6. Jalston Fowler - Alabama

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  32. TedSlimmJr

Wide Receivers:

Tier 1

Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt

Cody Hoffman - BYU

Jared Abbrederis - Wisconsin

Tier 2

Mike Davis - Texas

Sterling Griffin - Louisiana Tech

Devin Street - Pittsburgh

Andre Debose - Florida

Josh Huff - Oregon

Alex Amidon - Boston College

Tier 3

Tevin Reese - Baylor

Bernard Reedy - Toledo

Jalen Saunders - Oklahoma

Dri Archer - Kent St.

Colin Lockett - San Diego St.

Corey Brown - Ohio St.

Michael Campanaro - Wake Forest

Tier 4

Eric Thomas - Troy

Albert Wilson - Georgia St.

Ryan Grant - Tulane

Kenny Bell - Alabama

Jeremy Gallon - Michigan

Kevin Norwood - Alabama

Noel Grigsby - San Jose St.

T.J. Jones - Notre Dame

Tier 5

Robert Herron - Wyoming

Isaiah Burse - Fresno St.

Kofi Hughes - Indiana

Shaquelle Evans - UCLA

Bennie Fowler - Michigan St.

Gary Bush - Purdue

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  33. TedSlimmJr

Tight Ends:

Tier 1

C.J. Fiedorowicz - Iowa

Jacob Pedersen - Wisconsin (H-back)

Justin Jones - East Carolina

Tier 2

Arthur Lynch - Georgia

Chris Coyle - Arizona St. (H-back)

Ted Bolser - Indiana

Crockett Gillmore - Colorado St.

Tier 3

Kaneakua Friel - BYU

Ernst Brun Jr. - Iowa St. (H-back)

Blake Jackson - Oklahoma St. (H-back)

Matt Lehman - Penn St.

Marcel Jensen - Fresno St.

Tier 4

Jordan Najvar - Baylor

Evan Wilson - Illinois

Rob Blanchflower - UMASS

Asa Watson - N.C. State (H-back)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  34. TedSlimmJr

Offensive Tackle:

Tier 1

Jake Matthews - Texas A&M

Cornelius Lucas - Kansas St.

Taylor Lewan - Michigan

Seantrel Henderson - Miami

James Hurst - North Carolina

Rob Crisp - N.C. State

Tier 2

Wesley Johnson - Vanderbilt (guard)

Andrew Rodriguez - Nebraska

Morgan Moses - Virginia

Jeremiah Sirles - Nebraska

JaWuan James - Tennessee

Tier 3

Emmanuel McCray - Ole Miss (guard)

Jack Mewhort - Ohio St.

Kenarious Gates - Georgia (guard)

Zack Martin - Notre Dame (guard)

Brandon Thomas - Clemson (guard)

Austin Wentworth - Fresno St. (guard)

Tier 4

Davonte Wallace - New Mexico St. (guard)

Billy Turner - North Dakota St. (guard)

Bryce Quigley - San Diego St. (guard)

John Fullington - Washington St. (guard)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  35. TedSlimmJr

Offensive Guard:

Tier 1

Mason Walters - Texas

Spencer Long - Nebraska

Brandon Linder - Miami

Gabe Jackson - Mississippi St.

Cyril Richardson - Baylor

Tier 2

Antwan Lowery - Rutgers