Slimm's 2015 Tight Ends | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Tight Ends

How good is O'Leary? Are there any concerns? Does Jameis Winston help to make him look good with some ridiculous throws?
Which current NFL player does O'Leary remind you of? I know that he just happens to be Jack Nicklaus' grandson, so there is a very good chance that Nick has good character and can handle himself in the spotlight.

How good is O'Leary? Are there any concerns? Does Jameis Winston help to make him look good with some ridiculous throws?
Which current NFL player does O'Leary remind you of? I know that he just happens to be Jack Nicklaus' grandson, so there is a very good chance that Nick has good character and can handle himself in the spotlight.

He's good enough to be the top Senior tight end in this class, but not good enough to be the consensus top Senior tight end in this class. In other words, he's in the conversation in my opinion, but some may like a few others better. I'm not sure I don't. It just depends on what you're looking for. Not every offense needs the same thing or same skillset.

Jameis Winston helps everybody. That's irrelevant. O'Leary was the same player with E.J. Manuel.

I don't know about current players, maybe Chris Cooley. He's always reminded me a lot of Frank Wycheck when he played with the Titans. You can line him up in-line or at H-back. Very experienced, battle tested, and has always produced. Does a lot of the dirty work for FSU's offense which goes unnoticed. Not great at any one aspect... not a mismatch in the passing game. Projects more as a steady, dependable type pro. The Nicklaus factor will carry some weight. Seems to be a good kid. Definitely comes from a good family. Hard worker.

After watching him go 60+ yards the other night I'm impressed with Clive Walford. Pretty good wheels for a big dude.

After watching him go 60+ yards the other night I'm impressed with Clive Walford. Pretty good wheels for a big dude.

He's another one that belongs in the conversation. Slightly better seam threat than O'Leary. Walford ends up about a Troy Drayton caliber TE in the NFL.

I'm not sure I have seen a tight end prospect for this year's draft with better pure catching ability than Bibbs. Reminds me of Austin Seferian-Jenkins last year that way, though obviously smaller. I wasn't the biggest fan of ASJ's overall athletic profile but the thing I could always go back to for him being a valuable draft prospect was his pure ability to catch the football from any angle, any position, no matter what his coverage is doing to him or to the ball physically. Sort of like Jarvis Landry as a receiver. E.J. Bibbs has that.

And he's athletic enough to keep getting open and be the focal point of his offense even though he tore his meniscus a week before the season began.

I'm not sure I have seen a tight end prospect for this year's draft with better pure catching ability than Bibbs. Reminds me of Austin Seferian-Jenkins last year that way, though obviously smaller. I wasn't the biggest fan of ASJ's overall athletic profile but the thing I could always go back to for him being a valuable draft prospect was his pure ability to catch the football from any angle, any position, no matter what his coverage is doing to him or to the ball physically. Sort of like Jarvis Landry as a receiver. E.J. Bibbs has that.

And he's athletic enough to keep getting open and be the focal point of his offense even though he tore his meniscus a week before the season began.

Agree. Unreal hands. Nice athlete.

For me Walford is head and shoulders the best TE in the class. As a seam threat he has everything: some burst, great hands - highpoints the ball, he ghosts past players with great movement skills, positions his body well in contested situations. To me, he's one of those rare players each season for whom the game is moving more slowly than it is for everyone else. He's a willing blocker, but technically it's all a bit of a mess, as far as I can see. I think his footwork when blocking is lousy, but that's very correctable I guess.

I'm sure there are plenty on here who seem him weekly in person and so might have a different perspective, or who know his character better. But I see a tremendous asset in the pass game and a guy who can be at least very competent in-line.

In terms of old-school in-line TEs with a little pass game upside, I like the Notre Dame kid Koyack. He looks the smartest player out of this TE class to me. Very sound blocker, he looks extremely aware and assignment sound. Hasn't been used hugely out wide, but he's not devoid of ability there from the clips I've seen. With Lynch in the stable, I doubt a guy like him would be a target for Miami, but he'll be a nice pickup for someone if he can be had in the 4th. Not a great year for TEs though, so I suspect they'll all be overdrafted somewhat.

I'm sure there are plenty on here who seem him weekly in person and so might have a different perspective, or who know his character better. But I see a tremendous asset in the pass game and a guy who can be at least very competent in-line.

I've never heard a negative thing about Clive character wise, and his work ethic is supposed to be very good. What I like about him is that he has continually improved his game. He used to have some issues with drops, but I only recall two this season. He used to be a mess blocking, but that is greatly improved this year, and I think with a little more work/time he will be a plus blocker. His one main liability was supposed to be his speed. But I think he's one of those guys who plays faster with pads on than he runs on the track. I think he'd be a great option for the Fins, because we need a TE who can win in the redzone and he does that very well.

Back
Top Bottom