Slimm's 2017 Cornerbacks (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Cornerbacks (Seniors)

Rasul Douglas looks great every time I watch him. Nice feet for a 6'2 200+lb CB. Looks natural in press and off; can stick with WR's in man, and he shows good awareness in zone. He should run in the 4.5's, so he's not a burner, but he breaks on the ball really well, and he has the ball skills to complete the play. Unless he runs in the 4.6's, I think he leapfrogs some of the very good CB prospects in front of him.

Yes. I attended the Miami vs. West Virginia bowl game in Orlando. Douglas was very impressive. Reminded me somewhat of Eric Murray from last season, but taller.

San Diego State is my favorite team in the country to watch right now. Basic I formation run oriented offense but with plenty of modern wrinkles, and also a smart attacking defense. Rarely does a bowl game feature such a coaching staff mismatch to the extent of San Diego State vs. Houston. It was hilarious. The Aztec cornerback Kazee is a terrific tackler but he does tend to press forward on almost every play -- run or pass -- taking advantage of the intensity and smarts of the scheme and surrounding players. Consequently when the play has been able to develop I've seen him over commit forward several times and either get burned, or rightfully burned but the quarterback missed the throw. It showed up again today in the Senior Bowl practices. One of the commentators mentioned it. I think it was Jeremiah. I like Kazee a lot but he's going to have to tame that tendency in the pros. Right now there's a vast difference in how effective he is on routes 20 yards or shorter and 20 yards or beyond.

Corn Elder, on the other hand, was surprisingly timid today. He was playing well off the ball and not closing well. Not nearly as decisive and physical as normal. Granted, they only showed a handful of plays from each guy. Elder should never be stationed that far off the line of scrimmage. Take the head to head tenacity away and the weaknesses show up.

Probably not on this list because he missed almost all of 2015, but Howard Wilson is a fun watch. Didn't play a ton of man, but his instincts, ball skills, and toughness are all what you'd want, and his agility and burst look good - just OK speed, though, and he's thin. If he tests well, FO's will probably forgive his limited man experience.

My bad, this belongs in the UC CB thread. Will a Mod please move it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom