Snippet from Gosselin on RW and OL Coach Wise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Snippet from Gosselin on RW and OL Coach Wise

denn34 said:
What about Billy Yates? Haven't heard his name mentioned,and I did'nt think he did too bad in his limited action last year. :confused:

What about him? When camp rolls around and the dust settles he might be a factor or not. Just like Jerman. What are you confused about? I just said it was interesting, that's all.

Steve

In the other thread now getting comment, Wanny pre-camp comments on the Oline, DW mentions Yates in the same sentence with Whitely and Jerman as being in the mix for RG. I expect he will be pushed by Rex Hadnut for first back-up on the interior line spot, unless Carey wins the RT spot and the inside back-up job goes to St. Clair, (my personal wish!).

I too had forgotten what a solid rep Wise has had around the league. I tremble to think what our line could have looked like with bad coaching last year. Yuck!

As to how we lost our four linemen. Nails is an UFA who has generated no interest from us or anyone else probably due to bad knees. Ruddy and Perry were released in moves that were at least in part salary cap related though with the utter lack of action on either of them one could argue their being cut had as much to do with their play and their age as their price. And finally Todd Wade got an obscenely high contract from Houston that RS chose, I believe wisely, not to match. I would have liked to have kept Todd Wade and used our first round pick for another need but I can't argue with refusing to give Todd Wade a $10 million bonus.

Back
Top Bottom